Debate: Mixed first village vs. full offense

Garrock

Pros, cons of mixed first village vs. Full offense first village. (beyond the normal start-up defenses)

What is your preference and why?

Yes, in my first 2 worlds I used a mixed village start-up, and it does have "some" benefit... but I've found often, when starting next to other experienced players, that a mixed village also leaves a player sorely at a disadvantage.

afterall.... you can't defend a full offense with a mixed vill defense... a good offense with dodge/backtime can be just as effective as defense.

DeletedUser

Don't know sure what you mean with mixed village.

Does 45 Spears count as Mixed village? I think probably not.

I'm always for full O (with those spears at start). Why? Because I don't like to wait to be hit, I want to hit first and harder.
If I mix up defenses with offenses, it's very hard to put a line of righ calculation, how many O and how many D you should have - it ussualy goes by a random.

However I think O > mixed D and O.

DeletedUser

Full offense = only if you are around 24/7, can be handy and get some good income and in the end a good paced growth

Mixed = Fine for those who can't be around all day or have some one keeping an eye for them

DeletedUser

You are better off with a mixed village. Even a small amount of defense can be used very effectively to hold out on until you can get support from your tribe. However, having the offense to clear the players around you will help you more in the long run.

So, mostly offensive, but a minimal defensive force, just in case.

DeletedUser

Always full O with some Spears and swords, just enough to defend yourself from Spears/Sword nukes.

Other than that Full O villages are handy for farming, if u have a mixed village it wont be as easy to farm because your troop build would look something like this

500sp
400axe
300sw
50scouts
100 LC

and thats normally at around 750 points. (Before anyone says thats good... It isnt :icon_rolleyes:)

DeletedUser

mixed, I suppose because defense troops like spears/swords and high lvl wall will ensure you don't become farm, plus you can still farm with spears until you get LC so mixed. maybe when 3def villages make a pure offensive + 3 defensive.

on the other hand, full offense because faster growth but should make 2nd village defense

Garrock

Pros, cons of mixed first village vs. Full offense first village. (beyond the normal start-up defenses)

Beyond normal start-up... I wouldn't count a couple hundred spears or swords as a mixed village.

mattcurr

I feel like a made this thread last week:icon_wink:

Mixed unless your a moron. And if you have 100 lc at 700 points dont answer you need to learn to play first. 100 lc at 350 points sounds more correct.

DeletedUser

lets make it more simple

Full O = No sleep, lots of income and fear among enemies

Mixed (in favor of O) = some sleep, good income and fear among enemies (provided good tactics employed at proper times)

Full D (or say in favor of D) = lots of sleep, little income (none external) and everyones taking turns on killin your troopers

DeletedUser

Mixed villages are always better then offensive villages, as almost every time, you will find at least two to three attacks(coming in to you in some cases it worse, sometimes this attacks helps you to get rid of those spears/swords and ultimately convert them to offensive village and also it doesn't bother you much from those attacks.)

mattcurr

lets make it more simple

Full O = No sleep, lots of income and fear among enemies

Mixed (in favor of O) = some sleep, good income and fear among enemies (provided good tactics employed at proper times)

Full D (or say in favor of D) = lots of sleep, little income (none external) and everyones taking turns on killin your troopers

OMFG:icon_confused:

People need to learn that whilst the majority of top starters do mostly offense, there are those out there that do pure defense and are ranked in the top 10. Then people need to realize that mixed villages are done by 50% of the consistent top starters I know myself included.

Garrock

People need to learn that whilst the majority of top starters do mostly offense, there are those out there that do pure defense and are ranked in the top 10. Then people need to realize that mixed villages are done by 50% of the consistent top starters I know myself included.

Breaking this down, most top starters do mostly offense or pure offense, and 50% do mixed (math skewed), this somehow makes your way better than the other half of the top starters?

Point is discussing the positives and negatives of each, not flaming those who have different ideas. I am familiar with a number of "top" starters, and few of them use Mixed, beyond the initial few hundred defensive troops at most. While you have an established reputation Matt, and many consider you an excellent player, there are a number of arguably better players who use a full offense tactic.

So please be civil, and "prove" or debate your point with intellect, rather than a "I'm a good player, so my way is best" mentality.

/respect

Foggy

DeletedUser

If you was Mixed half O half D and you was to get hit after the hit you can also do a backtime on the player.

Mixed is bad do. (I think)

Or mayby if you go full D you can have like 500/700.LC to farm with to bring in the income but that is with a fully grown D village.

DeletedUser

As long as you are good at backtiming and such you dont really need much defense for the first village, I usually go for 50/50 in case of emergency sniping =_=.

In desperate I would just snipe with a few LC :p. And rush the rest as a backtime.

DeletedUser

Breaking this down, most top starters do mostly offense or pure offense, and 50% do mixed (math skewed), this somehow makes your way better than the other half of the top starters?

Point is discussing the positives and negatives of each, not flaming those who have different ideas. I am familiar with a number of "top" starters, and few of them use Mixed, beyond the initial few hundred defensive troops at most. While you have an established reputation Matt, and many consider you an excellent player, there are a number of arguably better players who use a full offense tactic.

So please be civil, and "prove" or debate your point with intellect, rather than a "I'm a good player, so my way is best" mentality.

/respect

Foggy

"Beyond the initial few hundred defensive troops"

That would thus make the village mixed, would it not? :icon_wink:

mattcurr

Point is discussing the positives and negatives of each, not flaming those who have different ideas. I am familiar with a number of "top" starters, and few of them use Mixed, beyond the initial few hundred defensive troops at most.

Two statements are separate I do mostly offensive but I use a mixed village, that other section was aimed at this idea that if you go defensively you cannot be top 10 which is a totally incorrect.

Garrock

"Beyond the initial few hundred defensive troops"

That would thus make the village mixed, would it not? :icon_wink:

Many of us as start-up use anywhere from 50-200 spears for farming.. and will eventually allow those spears to die out once we get our LC. As my initial post on topic indicates. I am excluding those from the discussion, as it seems practical to do so.

Thanks for clarifying Matt.

On topic.. I can see the sense of even adding 500 sp/sw or HC initially, I myself don't, but can see the sense, I just can't see the sense of say 2000 sp/4000 ax or some mixture along those lines.

DeletedUser

i am not one of those pure defense so i have my own reasoning and my own way of doing things
and i never said pure D is bad, did I?

mattcurr

Oh and I dismiss using pure offense because it is a purely player based strategy it forgets about the tribal level of game play. To be honest I would kick out any member of a tribe I ran that did not make defense, no matter who they were.

DeletedUser

Many of us as start-up use anywhere from 50-200 spears for farming.. and will eventually allow those spears to die out once we get our LC. As my initial post on topic indicates. I am excluding those from the discussion, as it seems practical to do so.

Thanks for clarifying Matt.

On topic.. I can see the sense of even adding 500 sp/sw or HC initially, I myself don't, but can see the sense, I just can't see the sense of say 2000 sp/4000 ax or some mixture along those lines.

And many people maintain a constant defensive force even after getting LC. I don't think anyone is advocating a even split between the offense and the defense, but maintaining a minimal defensive capability is a good idea. With a high level wall and 750 sp/sw, you would be surprised what you can do.