Debate: Mixed first village vs. full offense

DeletedUser4186

Which leads me to the thread I was going to make soon, the lack of understanding that people have of the tribal level of play.

That pretty much sums it up. Going 100% O counting on others to build D to cover in case of being ganged is ...bit egoistic to say the least.

frostyfingers

i agree, maybe the arguement should be "when do you start making defense" in early world gameplay...?

DeletedUser

That pretty much sums it up. Going 100% O counting on others to build D to cover in case of being ganged is ...bit egoistic to say the least.

Schizo is full O. Heard of dodging/backtiming?

And if you're being ganged, 300sp/sw won't help you:lol:

DeletedUser

Exactly. So better to not waste your potential farming income and just quit if you get ganged. Unless for some reason you really want to stay on a world.

frostyfingers

so, let me get this straight, you associate getting farmed with quitting the world...?

*frosty sends massively long distant attack towards that player to rid the world of another early quitter = another free farm...*

DeletedUser

Getting farmed is completely different to having one incoming from a week away :p

DeletedUser18543

Exactly. So better to not waste your potential farming income and just quit if you get ganged. Unless for some reason you really want to stay on a world.

well if you get gangbanged than your potential farming income wont matter either way :p

DeletedUser

Exactly. So better to max your potential farming income in case you don't get gangbanged :p

mattcurr

try reading a post fully and not criticizing piece by piece, you will learn more and look less of an idiot for it...
I prefer looking like an idiot :icon_cry:

Anyway the statements were separate:icon_surprised:

If someone says they attack with swords as part of a larger statement should it be ignored:icon_neutral: The answer is no. And the answer as to why building 1000 spears before you go for farm is quite long however obvious tbh I couldnt be asked to write it before I have been having migraines for the last 2 weeks how ever to simply show you your stupidity I will write you a guide to farming and why you sound like a moron.

Why getting 1000 sp is stupid in regards to your comment about scouts
[spoil]Farming is all about effectiveness getting scouts allows you to increase the effectiveness of your farming through the usage of report evaluators. Or simple mental math even Knowing what troops to send and how many to get the exact res back allows your troops to be used at the peek efficiency. To get the point of having 1000 sp you will have bypassed this section way too much and people around you will now be farming more effectively with more effective troops [/spoil]
Why farming with 1000 sp before getting axe and lc is moronic to begin with
[spoil] The advantage of lc is their strength, now spears can be nearly as effective at farming as lc if you send them with axe. However this effectiveness is merely in the theoretical the actuality of the situation is that lc allow you to get resources more quickly so others cant take them before you get to them. And to be very clear about this the only way sp can be as effective is if you can split your runs with the use of axe which cuts down on your sp production and makes you need a lot of wood.[/spoil]

Why defense can work quickly
[spoil]Basically you start off somewhat normally, how ever you build sp/axe in opposite proportions, build lc like normal to start, and if you use this sp/axe build to farm with like a maniac + lc you should have more farming power than anyone else in the world including the top lc rushers, because if you ever feel like working it out, the efficiency of using sp/axe is really close to that of lc. Im thinking it would be a 60% increase on what you would normally farm like, then at 500 lc, you switch to building sw+lc, and then when you hit a level 15 smithy, which you would rush for you forgo lc entirely for hc. Now those last two sections will slow you down which is the only thing I am worried about.[/spoil]

Why hc/sp>sw/sp for early world
[spoil]The majority of players in new worlds will be using smaller nukes or less nukes and the necessity for a more powerful defensive army is moot.However the need for defense is always present thus the quickest way to build a defensive army is sp/hc this allows the use of both the stable and rax to build the army making it 4x as quick to build. Thus allowing you to now have a maxed out army weeks before someone with sw/sp. And it also allows for effective farming through the use of hc and sp[/spoil]

lol sorry but I cannot stand when a poster just bashes without giving an idea themselves, they are just spamming at that point IMO
I had given idea's of my own I just hate it when people are too moronic and stupid to read a thread before speaking.

Qualifications as to why I know what I am talking about
[spoil]
Ranked within the top 20 11 times

Ranked as the number one ODA/ODD player in 5 worlds

Accumulated 10,000,000 odd in a single defending with no outside support

Created 5 accounts over 2 million the highest of which was 5 million.

Doing all of this I have not taken a single village that was gray or blue since world 6.

I have lead a few tribes too Im getting lazy I think half of my resume is impressive enough. [/spoil]

Last edited:

DeletedUser18543

Exactly. So better to max your potential farming income in case you don't get gangbanged :p

but lets say you dont get gangbanged but get attacked by someone with a mixed village.

and that person catches you offline and destroys your O because you went full O.

mixed>O

frostyfingers

matt, you want a cookie?

everything you stated is indeed fact, points to you, but I did not agrue anything against the farming facts you provided, I simply said I like to get at least 1000 spears before going all out offensive...meaning I can farm by making spears and Lc until i get 1000 sp then max axes from there on...nowhere did I say i had to make 1000 spears then start on lc and axes, just stated I like 1000 spears as a basic defense in early worlds, due to the massive amounts of farming...

Matalito

but lets say you dont get gangbanged but get attacked by someone with a mixed village.

and that person catches you offline and destroys your O because you went full O.

mixed>O

If you know what you are doing then your offense will never be caught inside of your town...
When you go to sleep or work, you send your troops off for a long travel time, set to arrive home about the time you expect to be back on.

The bottom line is pure O, if used properly, is much faster than mixed. This requires a lot of activity though so it is not good for everyone. It does also leave you a bit vulnerable in some situations, but if you do it right, you should be able to jump out to a big lead in your area, and you should be able to eliminate all local threats.

Mattcurr, you show a lot of ignorance on this thread with your 'i'm right because of how great i am' attitude... There are many ways to play a strategy game and there is no 'one right way'. In the ways that i learned from the great STACHE, I must politely request that you GFY.

mattcurr

Mattcurr, you show a lot of ignorance on this thread with your 'i'm right because of how great i am' attitude... There are many ways to play a strategy game and there is no 'one right way'. In the ways that i learned from the great STACHE, I must politely request that you GFY.

If you actually read my post's they all state that all three methods of starting out work pure defensive, pure offensive and mixed; the only thing I have said that could be considered targeted at one single method is that pure offense fails on a tribal level.:icon_neutral: Which is true, and thus it should not be used on the personal level your correct, and as I have stated it does work, but there is more to strategy than the personal level and in fact the personal level is the most shallow section of the game play. So because I am only mildly more polite than you I will not tell you to GFY in stead I shall point you to hooked on phonics and hope you use it.

Large edit:

Are my posts opinionated yes. Are they heaped with self loving yes. Do I think my opinions are better because I am damn good at this game yes. Is that right possibly not. Did I entirely miss read frostyfingers post yes. Are my posts narrow minded in terms of game play strategy hell no. Not if you read them, not if you understand them. Pure offense lacks a fundamental aspect of tribal game play the ability to stop a chain of backtimes. I have been involved in chains of backtimes more than most, I have been gange banged more than most, this leads to an understanding of the tribal level game play that exists in the beginning of worlds, if you were ever in my tribe you would know what type of player I am which leads to how I view this.

I am the player that gives it all for the tribe, I will stop my growth to save my tribemate who isnt even progressing well, and I have done so on many occasions. I will volunteer and now am volunteered to time things for people because they know I am willing to do it. As such my opinion on game play is that all players should give for the tribe it is after all tribalwars. And it is not about a player being selfish it is about a player being ill equipped to properly help the tribe. There is so much more to strategy than backtiming and offensive traps, there are times that the only solution involve defending. And in those instances you need defense and if everyone in a tribe is under the delusion that all offense is the only way to start out the tribe will be in deep shit. The amount of information needed to entirely articulate the meaning behind this is too long, and too cumbersome to write it is something that can only be found through experience so when I say with the assumed authority that on the tribal level pure offense fails it is presumptuous but in my opinion it is too difficult to entirely describe within this medium. And the real point is that while I say offense fails on the tribal level that does not limit strategy if anything, under the true comprehension of what I am saying it is in fact very expansive of strategy if you remove your head from looking only at yourself.

And the true tell is that if anyone saw me post in .uk I posted the exact opposite argument, I merely go against the crowed to show two sides of the story, because in that thread tharagon much like many in this thread stated the only quick and effective defensive way to start was with hc, where as you and in this post I quoted said the fasted way to start was with pure offense. Which if you examine our two stances yours is much more narrow minded than mine I am just an asshole in my presentation, and do such on purpose.

To summarize asshole yes, ignorant and narrow minded, no that would probably be you if you actually bother to understand the points I make not just how I make them.

Last edited:

shveik

If you know what you are doing then your offense will never be caught inside of your town...
When you go to sleep or work, you send your troops off for a long travel time, set to arrive home about the time you expect to be back on.

Your offense will neva be caught in the morning ...
These idealistic theories sound nice ...

Are you ever move your off. when you have over 50 villages ? (Say no plz)
Are you ever been online on time that troops are back ? (Say no plz)
Are you neva ever say "Huh no one will attack me ... Let's give myself another 3-4h sleep" or "Let's got another 4-5 beers , and Lol that girl looking gorgeous and she is alone FFS" ? ( Say no plz)

Idealistic thinking is OK ... But to put it IG ... Huh too tough !!!

busamad

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
I've always tried my best to point out the need for D at start up on a tribe wide level & have found many are unhappy with it.

However every world I have built some D in my first village most times still out grown everyone else at least in the area. I then have found that at least one other tribe member has been in dire need of a stack at some point of their start up & it has been my troops that saved the day.

Also the more members of your tribe you are able to push in this direction the less time it takes to build up enough as a worth while defense.

On the subject on the type of D to build.

I've only seen it mention in the last couple of months but I read about the SW AXE nuke?

Now checking the figures for the cost in resources is it not a good idea to save on making H/Cav in your first village? Instead make L3 Swords while still pumping out L/Cav?

The reasons I see are:

They can carry more per farm slot than H/Cav.
The same in attack as H/Cav based on figure not tried in sims.
Stronger in Defense so less units / farm space is needed. (Being a pally world speed for support is the same at the start)
Save on wood for building work.
Save on iron for yet more L/Cav.
Lets you recruit your L/Cav still for fast farming to offset the now slower sword troops.

At the start of the world you already pumped out Spear so should get a strong balance up fast.

Just an option I've been thinking on. What do others think?

DeletedUser

Not bad but only on pally worlds. In other worlds, sw is simply too slow if you need a whole tribe to support you before your neighbour hits (and thats why it was not tried).

busamad

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Even on none pally worlds if every member does make some D they can at least hold the line under a non planned attack.

The chances of a well placed tribe being so close & online to offer help at the very start of the world before the first attack reaches are slim. Even with H/cav getting enough in the village would be hard without timed support.

I would hope they have at least no major problem within their 7x7 area or maybe the odd target left to noble but thats a bit close for most as a target 2nd village seeing now barb current worlds are.

Plus more than half the worlds made have a pally. Unsure how it works out for strength in a none tec world as I hate coins & just about all non tec are coins apart from the odd speed round I've played.