Decide Decides to Declare?

Pajuno

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
If at any point I said offense takes longer to build than defense, it was clearly a mistake on my behalf. They happen. Otherwise, the reason I can say that my leadership abilities are what they are is because people for some reason like the way I do things and follow me. This is not a Tribalwars-unique condition; before TW was in Beta, I played Utopia. I led a Kingdom there for years. We might never have been top-ranked, but we won a lot of wars, and I not only led an alliance there for some time, but actually fought some alliance wars. Imagine coordinating 30 different tribes at once, working with 30 different bureaucracies, having to iron out the inefficiencies of each - all while running your own.

That's what I was doing as a war chief.

I'm not saying we were an amazing group or whatever. In fact, we were far from the strongest. But in all the fights that took place, my KD was one of the best in that war. We had good records - but Utopia is a different game. Some of those players went on to play Tribalwars, others didn't, and either way the actual record of success might not matter as much as the fact that experience and development does.

As to how we did on W1, our tribe was "pound for pound" one of the best. We didn't hold a candle to TW, and Death was pretty good (seeing as it was being led by one of my former tribemates, Hells Horses, who joined up with me from Utopia). Under my buddy Bean's leadership, who learned just about everything he knew (at that point) from me, D.D.R. made it to #3. So that's a #2 and #3 tribe that were led by people who followed my example. Hmm.

Of course, none of this matters to the topic at hand, which is Decide declaring on Green. Can someone do me the favor of updating those stats, again?

If you really wish to discuss other games and what effect they have had here.. Sounds like you and i had a similar upbringing so to speak in online gaming...>

I also have led everywhere i have played, but unlike you, i have been victorious. I have been top kd, top tribe, and top province in a few other games. The guy people gun for, (kind of like you now :icon_wink:) that was never my intention, i was always just thrust into the positions, and instinct took over from there...

Point is, what can you show/prove now? Yes, you are leader of top tribe. But that is understood since the begining of hte world...

The benefit of being top dog all this time, is lots of people want to join you, follow your lead, or be friends with you... it gives you plenty of advantages, while making your job that much easier... I can tell you, since Phoenx has been more known and has been winning its war with Die... the opportunities are far more numerous now than when i was some quiet, no name tribe not even in the top twenty.

So you can spout all this rhetoric about what you have done, what it is you do.. but you have never acknowledged the fact that being the number one tribe has allowed you certain advantages, that say dukes in my position may not have enjoyed on w30 yet?

Which comes back to why you have not seized such advantages. You say your this elite War chieftain.. then i ask why it has not occurred to you to utilize your position to become stronger personally, and at the same time your tribe...

Anyways, i see this tapering off to no satisfactory conclusion... your head is just too big to debate with... And people say im arrogant?

DeletedUser

TCK was beastly, though it was a shame that they had to recruit their way into K81/82 just to kill me :(

S1cky Dutch

He was a great duke. Although I can't say very much about it as I was pretty inactive back then:p

netjakdim

Personally I think that both of you are mostly wrong.
Points do not make a leader they tend to make a good player not in all cases as some people can get points becuase they are purely offensive and have just been lucky enough to have tribesmates that will defend their villages while they take all the glory.
Behind the scenes stuff does not make a great leader it makes one a good planner or strategist an shows that they know how to delegate maximize their manpower.

I actually believe that the true element behind leadership is quite alot more than simply either of those two things combined. A person could have the greatest players in the game and thereby have the top tribe but if he does not inspire loyalty in those skilled players than what good is he should they see a better opportunity. A person could be pushing his tribe into the top ranks all by himself but what kind of leader would keep growing at the sacrifice of his smaller tribesmates. If he is willing to sat aside his own growth in game to secure their fun and growth he will inspire their loyalty for quite some time while making them a stronger more cohesive unit.
I think that the best leader is one that not only inspires his team but gets the most out of what he has and manages to keep all moving in the right direction. I have always heard that a chain is only as strong as its weakest link and if anyone can inspire the stronger links in their chain to help the weakest link to improve than soon enough that chain will be unbreakable and when all those things seem to pull together a truly great leader will emerge. However we will never see that leader becuase instead of bragging about how great he is and what a great job he has done he will point everyone in the direction of the team behind him and how great they are as a unit.

DeletedUser66411

Side 1:
Tribes: PLAGUE
Players:

Side 2:
Tribes: DECIDE
Players:

Timeframe: Last week

Total conquers against opposite side:

Side 1: 26
Side 2: 6
Difference: 20

image.php

Points value of total conquers against opposite side:

Side 1: 223,993
Side 2: 55,390
Difference: 168,603

image.php

DeletedUser

new name...new leadership...new war

negative. the tribe was "deleted" by the two scared of their own shadows.
By no fault of the old GREEN, especially since the two scared-y-cats are now playing on the other team.

So it's the same war. Obviously karma is a beotch.

DeletedUser

Personally I think that both of you are mostly wrong.
Points do not make a leader they tend to make a good player not in all cases as some people can get points becuase they are purely offensive and have just been lucky enough to have tribesmates that will defend their villages while they take all the glory.
Behind the scenes stuff does not make a great leader it makes one a good planner or strategist an shows that they know how to delegate maximize their manpower.

I actually believe that the true element behind leadership is quite alot more than simply either of those two things combined. A person could have the greatest players in the game and thereby have the top tribe but if he does not inspire loyalty in those skilled players than what good is he should they see a better opportunity. A person could be pushing his tribe into the top ranks all by himself but what kind of leader would keep growing at the sacrifice of his smaller tribesmates. If he is willing to sat aside his own growth in game to secure their fun and growth he will inspire their loyalty for quite some time while making them a stronger more cohesive unit.
I think that the best leader is one that not only inspires his team but gets the most out of what he has and manages to keep all moving in the right direction. I have always heard that a chain is only as strong as its weakest link and if anyone can inspire the stronger links in their chain to help the weakest link to improve than soon enough that chain will be unbreakable and when all those things seem to pull together a truly great leader will emerge. However we will never see that leader becuase instead of bragging about how great he is and what a great job he has done he will point everyone in the direction of the team behind him and how great they are as a unit.

So you are stating Pajuno and Jpohlman are not good leaders I take it? Because from what I just saw in this forum topic was needless chest thumping by the both of them. Neither of them commented on the Green/Plague war except a small bit at the end of Jpohlmans post. They have yet to impress me even though they run top tribes on this world. Most of the time when you have talented players it is just keeping all their egos in check, more along the lines of babysitting. THE has been given the top half of the world and Phoenx attacks a tribe that for every 7 conquers they make 1 is in tribe. (TwStats) Now whoever is running Plague now has good leadership. Being able to reform the tribe and keep the war going. This is going to conflict with a post I made in another forum tab but Plague stay well and alive.

Posts like the ones above mine just disgust me keep your unnecessary chest thumping to IGM. There is no need for it where your tribes are not even in the focus of the original conversation.

I probably wont get any replies to this like normal.

DeletedUser

Me thinks Decide have an op going on me.

26 attacks=scouts.

Should be some fun, BTW most of the origin villages are villages I lost my nukes on so the person attacking me can have it

that person is rcarlson (SHOCK HORROR!)

netjakdim

So you are stating Pajuno and Jpohlman are not good leaders I take it?

I will not venture into whether they are good leaders or not sir that is up to their tribesmates as I have not really had a chance to talk to either one of them. I have been on some other worlds where I am in good contact with other leaders and members of their tribes and I can put together my oppinions of their leadership skills. I have also been around long enough to know that some people are complete opposites on PNP then what they are ingame personality wise. Some people are honestly aggressive "CHEST THUMPERS" both in game and in PNP and then there are some that simply do this in PNP to distract from other things that are being worked upon within game.
I think it was world 15 or somewhere there abouts where we had 2 tribes bordering each other North/South with an aggressive tribe positioned to their West. Well for about 2 months the forums where nothing but a bunch of name calling and carrying on. Thus leaving the tribe on the west to piddle around and ignore the others waiting for them to weaken themselves. The entire time they were planning to merge and nobling off each others inactives to make the stats show that there was a legit war being waged. Once the inactives were under control they merged into a new tribe and declared on the other one within the same thread. It was actually a pretty good manuever when you think about it and caught the other tribe completly off gaurd as they had been building nukes on their borders and neglecting support. The first 2 days alone saw 100+ nobling favor for the new tribe. It never evened out but thanks to PNP one of the top tribes in that world was desimated by a tribe that when merged just barely cracked the top 20.

DeletedUser

I will not venture into whether they are good leaders or not sir that is up to their tribesmates as I have not really had a chance to talk to either one of them. I have been on some other worlds where I am in good contact with other leaders and members of their tribes and I can put together my oppinions of their leadership skills. I have also been around long enough to know that some people are complete opposites on PNP then what they are ingame personality wise. Some people are honestly aggressive "CHEST THUMPERS" both in game and in PNP and then there are some that simply do this in PNP to distract from other things that are being worked upon within game.
I think it was world 15 or somewhere there abouts where we had 2 tribes bordering each other North/South with an aggressive tribe positioned to their West. Well for about 2 months the forums where nothing but a bunch of name calling and carrying on. Thus leaving the tribe on the west to piddle around and ignore the others waiting for them to weaken themselves. The entire time they were planning to merge and nobling off each others inactives to make the stats show that there was a legit war being waged. Once the inactives were under control they merged into a new tribe and declared on the other one within the same thread. It was actually a pretty good manuever when you think about it and caught the other tribe completly off gaurd as they had been building nukes on their borders and neglecting support. The first 2 days alone saw 100+ nobling favor for the new tribe. It never evened out but thanks to PNP one of the top tribes in that world was desimated by a tribe that when merged just barely cracked the top 20.

You cleared that up for me, I want to see what the two players have to say though.