Decide vs the world?

DeletedUser

the thread is about Decide vs its enemies.> Just cause you dont count friar as one of yours, dont mean that decide dont view him as one.

The thread is about Decide and its wars. If it were about decide vs its enemies it'd have to post total stats and not split them up. It'd also mean that'd include people from other tribes but those in the OP. This has been pointed out above.

xinryr

The thread is about Decide and its wars. If it were about decide vs its enemies it'd have to post total stats and not split them up. It'd also mean that'd include people from other tribes but those in the OP. This has been pointed out above.

demonstrating an unbiased perspective of what is truly going on with Decide.

Is what he said; unless I am understanding him wrong.

DeletedUser

Generally, I would grace posts directed at me with a decent response. Since it's only Pajuno just needing another excuse to vent his jealous frustrations at THE, then I wont bother.

:lol: Spleen you are a legend! :lol:

DeletedUser

Fascinating! I expected more input from my competitors, but I did not expect so much from so many different, prolific figures, and such a differing base of opinions!

At the glance I gave, it seems the world is largely split by this odd controversy, and I have to say that this impresses the hell out of me.

I must admit that I haven't read much of the posts past my last yet, and will get to it when I get time, so I'm sorry to say, there may not be much of a response to many of the posts here for a bit as my week of freedom is coming to a close, but I was PM'd by Xinryr, where he gave me a link to this post, asking me to change the dates on behalf of his and Spleen's request, which I have absolutely no qualms with doing.

So until I get the time to catch up, I hope that change can suffice in rectifying any delusions some readers may have to the nature of this thread.

Again, I have to say, the experiment behind this post has been a resounding success. :icon_smile:

Here is a link to the edited first post for those interested.

Last edited by a moderator:

spleen mage

I can't say fairer then that, s'all I asked for.

@ Pure Loony

Seriously man, what the hell are you talking about??! "If decide just got on with it", as far as i can see, there are 1 maybe 2 posts from DECIDE members in this thread, I DON'T SEE ANYONE IN DECIDE COMPLAINING!!

Who said I was just referring to this thread? Actually, when I talk about DECIDE's whining, I'm not really referring to Atraeus so much, more the original people in the THE declaration thread that kicked up a big fuss. And you totally missed the point - I wasn't saying that Friars shouldn't be added, but that if he is, then a total stat should be added, as all caps are relevant, not just individual ones. That has now been done, so I'm content.

Just because decide isn't giving up doesn't mean they aren't gracious losers. Atraeus made a thread about decide and posted stats showing they were losing. If he were to make a post about all decide enemies and post all gains and loses they would be winning. However if he did that you would have even more of a problem with that. Atleast that is the impression I get.

Also even if decide weren't gracious losers why not take the high road instead of taking a low one. Maybe i'm misunderstanding your post but if i'm not, you and the rest of THE don't deserve any respect from anyone.

Again - I wasn't referring to Atreaeus as a DECIDE member, technically he's a [DN] member anyway. I was on about the whining the rest of the crew did in other threads. As to the bit I bolded; I wouldn't have any qualms if DECIDE were winning, as long as they were good 'ol unbiased stats.

What I meant with the gracious loser/winner remark - if a tribe is civil towards me, then I will return the favour. I'm generally friendly towards my enemys, and have a bit banter while exchanging nukes, congratulate them on nice achievements, etc. However, if that tribe doesn't want to war on friendly terms, and tries to degrade us on P&P, then I see no reason to be nice about it.

Last edited:

the pink panther

9412 Xinryr 0 0 0

sorry this guy talks an awful lot, do you actually still play this world?

And pervert I mean Pervis nice to see you back posting mate, been a while.

DeletedUser

Hey while I can appreciate Attraeus' humor in the post at the beginning.. I have seen Decides war machine first hand.. They have it together.. Unfortunately for them they bit off a little to much..

Now I love the insults that hit my small band of merry beer drinking pizza eating players.. We are small and maybe not nearly as organized or skilled but we haven't folded and have taken some and given alot.. It is real easy for you all to throw your stones at us.. Hey what the hell though we are in between three larges rocks and one hard spot.. Mark my words though now Decide knows what it feels like... It sucks when your getting ganged on ....

Pajuno

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Who cares? You guys are uber, you guys are tearing shit up.. no one can stand to you...

There was no sarcasm here, spleen. your stats are overwhelming, and as the top tribe, you have to fight two or three tribes just to measure up in stature..

No need to be your typical rude self about it.

what is it with super tribes needing every square inch to have their victories? Your ahead by miles, yet you want to measure inches...

I am asking a serious question here.

Pathetic.. im getting more and more disgusted every time i read these threads.. The and TWC are just atrocious winners.. Just completely and utterly atrocious...

THE and TWC carry themselves like they should demand respect.. Well if you would behave properly, you may just eventually get it. There is no need to carry on over Friar, and there is no need to claim hollow victories..

Its just not necessary> as two of the top three tribes, one must wonder why you do not behave like a classy player..

Doesnt anyone score a TD like Barry sanders anymore??

ACT LIKE YOU HAVE BEEN HERE BEFORE!!!

This is serious, and i do believe even you cant shout this down, spleen...

And shipley, tell me, how does THE butt taste? All i see from you is little chime ins....

Just like your bs about how Jp and ice owned me in pnp.. funny, i still carried on my arguments until Jp retracted his statement.. and i would rather have my own pnp, than feed off of others as a suck up.....

DeletedUser

Excellent! I just finished catching up on everything, and haven't found much to respond to. There are a few key things I'd like to add real quick, and a couple people worth a nod of my head.

[spoil]Beginning with Pervis, all you have done was attack my character. You knock me for using logical fallacies when your entire post is pure ad hominem. But that's cool with me. I have no qualms leaving it up to the reader to decide which of us is right about the validity of my posts, and the integrity of my character.

Spleen, you have proven to me to be the best debater on the THE/BD team. You have even proven to be better than Badlap in my opinion, which is saying something. I'm honestly impressed.

Xinryr, you offer a unique and entertaining twist on these debates. Keep it up, you've got potential.

AK, I disagree with you, but that's fine. Consider what I say in regards to Lethal Touch for more information.

Pajuno, as far as I'm concerned, that first post hit the nail on the head. You are one of my favorite players in this world, and I am pleased to see that you understand where I was coming from.

Grummit
, as always, a very insightful post.

Lethal Touch, I totally agree with you. While I would argue that it is silly for THE to think everyone should just take their word that Friar wasn't a spy, and that it really was just a one time thing for no apparent reason, I also agree it makes no difference at this point, and don't care either way. This thread is a current state for Decide, for all its fighting, despite how others may choose to see it, and it is for the fact that Decide happened to be fighting Friar this week that I added him, and nothing more. I thought I had emphasized the fact when I posted his stats separate from all the others, but for some, it simply wasn't enough.

Pure Loonimus, good post, and I totally agree.

Badlap, after everything I have done with this thread, and posted about it, the fact you still believe this is a war thread alone indicates an unwillingness to see the bigger picture. You are wrong at any rate, but I will debate it no further.

And finally Angry Chuck: MF has a lot of respect from me for holding on like they have. And it is for this reason that I added them to the stats. Despite getting attacked for a long time by several top tribes, you have refused to quit, and I honor that.[/spoil]

And finally, I will leave everyone with something to consider:

Everyone that has read my posts know what the purpose behind this thread was. It was not to make Decide look good or bad, it was to simply put into perspective what all Decide is doing. Whether you think its good or bad, Decide is fighting several enemies at once, that is a fact no matter how anyone spins it, and I think that has been proven here. I don't foresee this thread taking over the others, so that was the only success here really... except one other. I did have a slight experiment going with this thread. It was a personal thing, and not an actual goal per se, but it has been worth acknowledging.

I really did want those stats to be as unbiased as possible, to give every reader the opportunity to show what they would do to make them biased. Most of what I saw throughout were players using this thread to attack myself. Notice that when someone calmly, or reasonably asked that I alter the stats to make them unbiased, I did so. Notice also that most of my adversaries did not do this, they instead tried to blame me for these flaws, to degrade me, to attack me. Hence, they seem more interested in attacking me for the stats being flawed, then to rectify the problem, though they claim that all they want is to see stats made unbiased. They put words in my mouth, twisted my posts, and did everything they could to attack me on this thread.

So in short: For the experiment, I set out to post a calm, unbiased report of Decide's current state to see who would try to turn it into something more, and how they would do this, and while I was not surprised with the fact that some people did this, I was shocked to see how jumpy and eager they were to turn this into something that it wasn't, and do the same to me. They seem so intense about this attack, that I can't help but feel there is something behind it. To put it blatantly, they are simply trying too hard for there not to be something going on. So why? Am I a threat to them? Did I strike gold? Meh, its up to you all to decide. The truth is, we may never know, but it was interesting to see nonetheless.

So was this thread a trap? Not entirely, it really did serve its original purpose in showing the current state of Decide, but as far as all social experiments go, it was in that I set up a situation with the intention of studying a human reaction. But then again, had I told everyone that I was experimenting with them in advance, well, much like placebo, it would have effected the results, and I must admit that I am honestly pleased with said results.

This is my interpretation of this thread and nothing more, I encourage every reader to take the time to read the posts, and study the results to base their own opinions.

On that note, its time I hit the road. No need to worry about me anymore THE and BD, I've done the best I can to help my friends with what time I had. And I thank DN for letting me hijack one of their accounts. Best of luck to all tribes, as always, have fun.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

9412 Xinryr 0 0 0

sorry this guy talks an awful lot, do you actually still play this world?

And pervert I mean Pervis nice to see you back posting mate, been a while.

All you have done here is deflect away from any points made by Xinryr, that isn't effective, it's just annoying as hell and pads out threads where it would be far more useful to have some actual answer to points.

the pink panther

All you have done here is deflect away from any points made by Xinryr, that isn't effective, it's just annoying as hell and pads out threads where it would be far more useful to have some actual answer to points.

Nope, points without context are irrevelant I simply asked if he stll plays..

DeletedUser

Nope, points without context are irrevelant I simply asked if he stll plays..

If that is all you meant then I apoligise, however it seemed to me that you were having a dig at him. I believe those who follow the world avidly on the forums can just as easily (sometimes more so) make points in a debate, especially when it is merely clarifying things for others.

I agree with what people have said to back atraeus up in this one, it clearly is from Decides perspective, the individual stats for each war were shown first and are very clear about what all stats mean. However I will also say that a lot of Atraeus's posts are far too long, in PnP you are better to write a report than a novel. Keeping things concise is often equally as important as the points made, presentation isn't everything, but it's important.

the pink panther

Sorry but you are wrong, unless you are actually actively playing the world, following PnP will not give you a clear enough picture to comment.

Regarding this thread, you only have to look at the title and attreaus's last post to see it's a cry for sympathy

DeletedUser

Sorry but you are wrong, unless you are actually actively playing the world, following PnP will not give you a clear enough picture to comment.

Regarding this thread, you only have to look at the title and attreaus's last post to see it's a cry for sympathy

Totally disagree, someone can easily find out enough about the world through talking to its players, playing the world will give you a particular feel for certain things, and often will skew perception. Anyone with enough intelligence can figure out what's going on, and what will happen.

the pink panther

Sorry but that's just simply not the case, if you believe it is, then well that's your view. But I sure as hell would respect Alex Ferguson view on football rather than a couch Potatoe etc etc

DeletedUser

Keeping with the metaphor, would Alex Ferguson not be equally, if not more qualified to comment on an Arsenal vs Chelsea match than Abou Diaby?

DeletedUser

Totally disagree, someone can easily find out enough about the world through talking to its players, playing the world will give you a particular feel for certain things, and often will skew perception. Anyone with enough intelligence can figure out what's going on, and what will happen.

Yes and no.

Through the forum one can find out a good many things. However, the same person who also plays an account ingame (especially in one of the bigger tribes) will be able to get an even more precise image of the state of the world. On these forums a lot of things are portrayed one way or another that doesn't necessary reflect the truth. There is no substitute for being in a tribe in order to feel how it's ticking, the same goes for being in a world rather then just looking in.

DeletedUser

Yes and no.

Through the forum one can find out a good many things. However, the same person who also plays an account ingame (especially in one of the bigger tribes) will be able to get an even more precise image of the state of the world. On these forums a lot of things are portrayed one way or another that doesn't necessary reflect the truth. There is no substitute for being in a tribe in order to feel how it's ticking, the same goes for being in a world rather then just looking in.

Totally agree, however I didn't state that not playing a world would make one better at posting on the world, however I do think someone can give useful input without currently playing a world. An intelligent person can see through most of the biased opinions of posters. Xinryr has obviously played this world for a decent amount of time, whether he's playing an account still or not seems inconsequential to me when it comes to posting in this topic, add to that the fact that he was merely clarifying points makes what I saw as TPPs undermining even more unnecessary.

DeletedUser

i agree in general.

the last xinryr clarification however missed the point of my post entirely.