Failed Vote Defensive Paladin Skill Adjustment

Do you like this idea?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

world8vet

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
I would like to suggest a change to the scaling of defensive paladin skills in order help balance out the massive defensive advantage that paladin skills give out.

Let's look at a hypothetical op in order to illustrate the problem of defensive paladins:

Each side has 10 paladins, 10 defensive for the defenders and 10 offensive for the other side.

You have 10 villages being targeted, each with 1 defensive paladin and a 50k spears 45k swords stack , usually you would need 9-11 nukes (6k axes 3300 LC 250 rams) to clear that depending on buffs and so on. A full defensive paladin moves that target to 19-21 nukes. One of the reasons for the large increase is that the typical nuke does not have enough rams to account for the stacking of wall buffs, in order to adjust for that you would need a ram count of between 350 to 420 depending defensive buffs. A ram count of 420 drops the amount of nukes needed to 15-17 vs gold wall buffs still quite a big jump over what you would see without paladin skills.

When it comes to using the offensive paladins, their impact is quite limited. For starters the catapult buff doesn't really do much as it doesn't negate the effectiveness of the wall, and second of all every paldin nuke will have an impact just one time, compared to a defensive paladin that will keep on buffing the village over and over again till it eventually dies. You can focus your offensive paladins on 2-3 villages out of the 10 to clear them, which is a good strategy, but overall the majority of the defenders villages would be untouchable.

When you take into account that a tribe, or a alliance of tribes can spread out paladins to tens of villages during an op, it makes the job of the attackers way too hard.

I have a couple of suggestions in order to help with the issue.

-1- Cap the amount of paladins per player at 7. A 30 percent decrease in paladins count per player will make it harder to find enough paladins to stack enough front line villages. It will make defenders think more strategically when it comes to paladin placements, while giving the offensive side less insanely strong stacks to break.

This solution though is going to impact the amount of PP spent on paladins, so while being quite good it isn't very realistic.

-2- The other solution is to nerf the defensive paladin skill books. I would decrease the impact of the spear/sword skills from 30 percent at level 4 to 20, the fortification skill to 5/10/15/25 from 10/20/30/50, and boiling oil from 3/6/9/15 to 2/4/6/8. This nerf would decrease the amount of nukes needed to break the stack detailed above from 15-17 to 12-14.

Still giving the defenders an advantage, all while not being so overwhelming. This will retain the different feel that paladin skills bring to the world, all while retaining a semblance of balance.

Last edited by a moderator:

JawJaw

Awesomest CM Ever
Reaction score
Approved for voting. I did remove option 1 from your post as we require 1 actual suggestion per thread and that one was the least likely to be implemented.

Good luck!

Eakshow McGee

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
A better adjust imo would have been to switch place on 3rd and 4th defensive book, since boiling oil is pretty much shit and not on the same lvl as Ram book.

SwedishBlueCheese

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
I think that D-pallys should be this strong. You only get 10 of them and its far easier to shuffle around the pallys attacking. Having deathstars on pallys world would be superhard if the d-pally isnt this strong

world8vet

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
I think that D-pallys should be this strong. You only get 10 of them and its far easier to shuffle around the pallys attacking. Having deathstars on pallys world would be superhard if the d-pally isnt this strong

Even with my proposed change it will still be strong.

SwedishBlueCheese

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Still strong but i dont think it will be as east to keep deathstars when the close accs starts sending timed pally nukes on it