Demis of the LEGION

DeletedUser81101

Well I'm bored so I may aswell.
The key moments in history that caused the eventual separation of LEGION.

#1. Merge with Who? - This caused an almost neccesary war between the East and West.

#2. Refusal to cooperate with HAWKS. Well if PZA agreed on an alliance with them who knows what would have happened!

#3. The DETOX fiasco - before the swap LEGION were dominating, after the south swapped sides South LEGION just didn't have the firepower. Stronger players tried to fill the void but it was never going to be enough.

#4. IFYs departure - With the loss of IFY LEGION lost its sting, the fear and respect surrounding IFY rippled through LEGION, we felt safe behind him, as soon as he left, despite not having a major impact on the borders, the aura surrounding LEGION was gone. No longer were there "oh s**t IFYs attacking me" cries from the opposition.

#5. DiTM, nzgtv leaving - With the gifting of 5 frontline continents (34, 35 44, 45, 55) to HAWKS legion was never going to recover. K45 had been a rock since day one from SIKE to LEGION, the central point in every war that no ground was gained. Coupled with a few other big names calling it quits this was the penultimate blow.

#6. LOVE - losing the last remaining drawcard (pimpjam) was the final blow, HAWKS 1 - LEGION 0.

DeletedUser

Actually, when the war begun between the two superpowers, Hawks and LEGION, the winning side WAS actually LEGION. I remember the time when LEGION flourished. (If someone disagrees, I'll smack you, because THIS IS the truth). There were alot of those who did not belive that it was happening, and still don't. But it did.

Hawks were miserable back then. If I remember that correct, they had an "academy" tribe, Hawk$. Things were different back then... The biggest problem to HAWKS was the Pure Enegy [E=MC2] and their academy Pure Force. I had the honour to play with them too. Until I decided to join Detox.

Still, if LEGION would've done things in the RIGHT way, they would've won the world. Now, it's over.

DeletedUser

Actually, when the war begun between the two superpowers, Hawks and LEGION, the winning side WAS actually LEGION. I remember the time when LEGION flourished. (If someone disagrees, I'll smack you, because THIS IS the truth). There were alot of those who did not belive that it was happening, and still don't. But it did.

Hawks were miserable back then. If I remember that correct, they had an "academy" tribe, Hawk$. Things were different back then... The biggest problem to HAWKS was the Pure Enegy [E=MC2] and their academy Pure Force. I had the honour to play with them too. Until I decided to join Detox.

Still, if LEGION would've done things in the RIGHT way, they would've won the world. Now, it's over.

LEGION were winning, which is pointless if you don't win in the end.

From memory of the Hawk$ tribe days, Legion was no where near fighting Hawks/$, it was Detox and E fighting them. So Legion weren't winning the war during those days, because there wasn't one.

If Hawks did things the BETTER way, they would've won the world sooner. Now, it's gonna take longer. :icon_rolleyes: (Sarcasm for those who still haven't picked it up)

DeletedUser81101

LEGION were winning in the very early stages when the DETOX members were on LEGIONs side. ever since then it just got worse and worse for LEGION though

DeletedUser

Yh pretty much summed it up .

The stats were miles ahead in legions favour when the sides were pretty much even . In numbers and in core ability.

Then once that baeze op hit legion and the south left . Then a few weeks/ month later IFY left they just collapsed.

The stats started reversing from majorly in legions' favour to hawks' soon after detox left and IFY left. Poor handling skills really , Legion could have over half the world if they had not continually agitated everyone and their own members...

bhgaming

definitely the turning point in the war was Detox switching sides.. the Baeze OP was brilliant and execution of it too, but it probably should have been seen coming by Legion ahead of time. Not necessarily the OP, but the Detox players switching sides. They should have tried to do something to keep them on their side.

DeletedUser

Thing is that LEGION treated us like their slaves and puppets...

DeletedUser

Agreed Bh, this situation happened not just once but twice when DiTM etc decided to pack it in since they got no support. Showing it was not just a one off occurrence from 'traitors' but players frustrated they were doing it all in the south

bhgaming

i think even if ditm didn't give up his account to you, you guys still would have taken us out.
even before everyone deleted you guys were still winning, but having yy and ox delete just sped things up.. i think if yy and everyone stuck around the world would have been won by you guys within another 1-2 years.

but this world turned out the way they did, so kudos to Hawks...

DeletedUser

HAWKS, greatest premade ever? I've never heard of a premade winning a war. Comments? Thoughts?

Adding to that, Lord Hawk, one of the greatest leaders ever? Thoughts, Comments?

DeletedUser

HAWKS, greatest premade ever? I've never heard of a premade winning a war. Comments? Thoughts?

Adding to that, Lord Hawk, one of the greatest leaders ever? Thoughts, Comments?

maybe not the greatest premade ever....but certainly one of the better ones and the best one that I've ever been a part of/ drafted into.

As far as the strength of pre-mades the problem is that they tend to fade and die...player quit as they join new worlds or their old worlds take precedence over the current one and as such player are lost and the tribe dies and the surviving players move to another tribe. HAWKS was very different in this respect and this was truly the secret to the HAWKs tenacity and survivability. The mass of core players that HAWKS was originally made up of all had worked together before and we're all very very battle hardened. you'd be hard pressed to find a HAWK who wasn't experienced when it came to handing mass attacks from a superior force. and they came here with the express intent of winning the world. It was stolen from them in W23 and this time it was theres to lose. Also due to some good diplomacy and recruiting of new people into the HAWKs tribe it kept the tribe vibrant and active and even during inactive periods...due to the strength of the tribe the other picked up the slack and it was barely perceptible.

As far as LH being one of the greatest leaders ever...one could argue that...and I'm certainly not going to argue against it. His ability to hold a tribe together through good times and bad and create some of the best leaders/players around him certainly is top notch. A tribes strength is largely derived from it's leadership core and never have I seen a tribe with a leadership core as strong as the HAWKS and certainly not one that has been around from almost the beginning.

DeletedUser

maybe not the greatest premade ever....but certainly one of the better ones and the best one that I've ever been a part of/ drafted into.

As far as the strength of pre-mades the problem is that they tend to fade and die...player quit as they join new worlds or their old worlds take precedence over the current one and as such player are lost and the tribe dies and the surviving players move to another tribe. HAWKS was very different in this respect and this was truly the secret to the HAWKs tenacity and survivability. The mass of core players that HAWKS was originally made up of all had worked together before and we're all very very battle hardened. you'd be hard pressed to find a HAWK who wasn't experienced when it came to handing mass attacks from a superior force. and they came here with the express intent of winning the world. It was stolen from them in W23 and this time it was theres to lose. Also due to some good diplomacy and recruiting of new people into the HAWKs tribe it kept the tribe vibrant and active and even during inactive periods...due to the strength of the tribe the other picked up the slack and it was barely perceptible.

As far as LH being one of the greatest leaders ever...one could argue that...and I'm certainly not going to argue against it. His ability to hold a tribe together through good times and bad and create some of the best leaders/players around him certainly is top notch. A tribes strength is largely derived from it's leadership core and never have I seen a tribe with a leadership core as strong as the HAWKS and certainly not one that has been around from almost the beginning.

beautifully worded, agree 90%

DeletedUser

I bet he paid you to say something like that :icon_cool:

DeletedUser

Hmm , as much as lord hawk lead early world .

Armylover was the reason it stayed around during the latter period when LH became less active.

By saying it was all lord hawk is a disservice to army majorly. As well as all those other noobs like blue , stabes etc

Hybrid Soul

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
That's one of the things about HAWKS that so very few other tribes have....

They have so many leaders within their ranks - and all these leaders are close friends - so when one needs to step down activity due to RL for awhile - the void is filled by another.

Been like that since world started - LHIX and Army always been at the top, with the help of people like Easty, Pimpf, Matty, Stabes and so many others.

Leaders inspire leaders.

DeletedUser

Just wanted to add my 2 cents here. As said legion/detox was winning the war in the beginning but all because they were gaining ground in the north not the south. We did loose some ground in k55 when detox attacked us but what needs to also be remembered is that we were already at war with a bigger tribe and winning so our defence and offence numbers was down and difficult to retaliate right away.

Now we could go and say if detox didnt break away from legion that we would have lost the war. but i could just as easy say we would have won. except for the north we always gained ground in the south. I was also one of the big mouths that said noble out all the E players and then we can halt legion.

But let the past to rest and lets enjoy our victory right now. There is still a few guys to clean up and it seems they might not fall as easy as some.