Dharma --- A Tale of Laughter

DeletedUser100696

"Dharma", in Hinduism, Buddhism, Jainism, and a couple of other religions that were founded in India and China, means duty. The tribe Dharma is exceptionally horrible at performing their tribalwars duties, and this is why, but first a little background information.

A good friend of mine started playing on world 77 for his first real world. He has grown pretty well and continues to grow quickly, even while taking on the #1 tribe. :lol: A couple of days ago my friend contacted Escandaal just to get to know the people around him. At this time, Escandaal was the rank 11 player in the world. My friend started talking to him and they seemed to hit it off. Escandaal sent him a friend request and my friend, being excited he made a friend in the top 20, instantly accepted it, not realizing it allowed people to see when he was offline. Today Escandaal attacked my friend after telling him they would work together to clear the area and that he wouldn't attack him. Honestly not that big of a deal in most cases, but I kind of took it to heart since he had actually sent my friend a friend request in order to check his online times. He knew that my friend was a newer player, and he fully intended to take advantage of him. My friend was sitting right next to me at the time the attacks started coming in, and I decided to just play little parts in defending him, enough so that he could formulate how to do things on his own, but I certainly wasn't going to stand aside and let him get nobled, so I dropped little hints in his ear now and then. I sent the following message to Escandaal,

[SPOIL]
Tuzain Oct 16, 19:11
Taking advantage of a newer player huh? Not very impressed with you. There are a lot of players like you around the world and it is why newer players are turned off from the game. Congratulations for taking advantage of someone on their first world. Nice job man. ;)

escandaal Oct 16, 19:13
It is nothing personal bro. I already explained to that guy. If he wants i'll help him rebuild a village on SW. I'll help him with resources & protection. I really like that guy but i need his village in order to maintain silence on my 15x15. If he and your tribe refuse my help i'll crush his army and your support and still take the village, it's yours and his decision. My offer is still up for another 30 minutes.

escandaal Oct 16, 19:17
I see you are the tribe leader. You can speak with him and explain my offer. As you see i am a really nice guy and try to help him.

Tuzain Oct 16, 19:20
No I understand it is nothing personal, or at least it wouldn't be if you hadn't friended him. The minute you put them on your buddy list, you sign an unofficial agreement since you can then see when they are online.

I've been in your situation before, but I've never turned my back on someone that considered me a friend. It is a game, no sense in stabbing people in the back over it.

You think you are pretty good at this game don't you? Is it your top 25 ranking that makes you think so, or the fact that you are in the #1 tribe currently? Both mean squat to me. Your past records show you've never made it past a single village. Of course you'll say this is an alias and make up some account that you have been on in the past that has won a world and had amazing stats I'm sure, because that's what everyone does.

I've offered the same thing to people before, the fact of the matter is you friended him and then you attacked. That's the biggest slap in the face you could ever do. If you were planning on taking someone's village, they deserve the respect of you not lying straight to their face and friending them in order to acquire online times.

I honestly doubt you alone would be able to beat our tribe. Now if you used up the troops that are at the disposal of your tribe, of course you would. "You" could easily cat us to the ground. It is a game of numbers in the early game, and you guys happen to have the numbers. I'd be careful though, deceitful players rarely go very far in worlds once people figure out who they are.

Play with integrity, or do everyone a favor and don't play at all.

Tuzain Oct 16, 19:33
Sick sword fake train man. You might want to make sure they fall in the same second if you plan on nobling my friend. Sniping is an exceptionally easy concept to teach, even to brand new players.

escandaal Oct 16, 19:34
Isn't it?

Tuzain Oct 16, 19:41
My friend isn't going to touch you or Worthers if the attacks stop. If the attacks continue, however, he is going to do everything in his power, including having two previous world winners to help him, to stop you from taking his village. You really have two choices.

1.) You leave him alone and don't kill your own growth because you won't be wasting troops.

2.) You can attempt to take his village and, if you succeed, you get a nicely built up village. If your first train fails though, it gives plenty of time for my associates, Sleepwalkers' associates, and my friend's associates to get him support. Being the #1 tribe in the world this early leads to a lot of people not liking you. Trust me, I've been there. If your train gets sniped, you are behind and you are screwing your own Growth over. You have a solid lead on your continent right now, I'd hate to see that dwindle to nothingness.

I've been in your spot before, I'm sure you see this as a threat. It certainly isn't. I'm just informing you that my friend has absolutely no reason to attack you. He is learning the game, this is his first world and I figured it would be a good one to start on because he wouldn't have to be around 24/7 to farm in order to be successful. He is 0 threat to you, which is obvious from the fact that he added you to his friends list. He isn't planning on stabbing you in the back. I believe he actually informed you of an attack plan on your villages.

The choice is, ultimately, yours. In my first couple of worlds, I would've seen this as a threat and I would've carried on with attacking. This is also why my first worlds sucked and I rarely made it further than 2-3 villages. You should figure out when attacking is worthwhile, and when it is going to kill your growth and put you behind everyone in your immediate vicinity.

This will be the last message you receive of me trying to bargain with you. If you don't accept, I have only one course of action that will be taken. Like I said, not a threat, more words of caution.
[/SPOIL]

Sure I come off as kind of a prick, I'm not going to lie. What did the almighty Dharma respond to this message with ?

A very convincing fake train coming at sword speed that spans...oh...2 seconds.

[SPOIL]
001 - Scandal is backtoday at 06:44:38:455
- 001 - Scandal is backtoday at 06:44:38:822
- 001 - Scandal is backtoday at 06:44:39:146
- 001 - Scandal is backtoday at 06:44:39:386
- 001 - Scandal is backtoday at 06:44:39:605
[/SPOIL]

Another extremely convincing fake train that spans 5 seconds.
[SPOIL]
fartspoopdungtoday at 16:20:51:911
fartspoopdungtoday at 16:20:53:676
fartspoopdungtoday at 16:20:55:076
fartspoopdungtoday at 16:20:56:428

[/SPOIL]

There were also a number of other random attacks incoming, but nothing worth noting. Shortly after the attacks stopped coming, I decided to show Escandaal personally how to send a 100 ms train. He didn't respond to it with more 2 second trains, sadly. I was really looking forward to the ODD from all the fakes.

Some time passes, I went off to my sports practice, and my friend texts me as I get done saying he needs my help, so I get back to the dorms and he has two nobles incoming, a 400 ms split between them, with a 'nuke' hitting the second before the nobles. I had warned Escandaal that he would stunt his growth tremendously if he ignored my warnings and chose to continue attacking my friend. I'd say he did just that:

"Nuke" :lol:
Noble 1
Noble 2

I know it isn't really a big deal, #1 tribes around this time are generally always full of bad players and only gained their spot due to mass-recruitment. I just figured I'd share with everyone what I got to laugh at for the better part of a day today.

tman93

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
Meh. Should get used to players backstabbing, on a small scale like that. It's not exactly an uncommon practice. And as you said, it's a game. Therefore people will feel no loyalties over people they just met, whether or not they like them.

With that said... That nuke was so pro. I'm jelly. Teach me how to nukey.

DeletedUser

It's not exactly an uncommon practice.
Backstabbing is one thing but adding in friend list just to noble the player later on is an entirely different level of douchebagness.
Nevertheless someone in externals wanted an analysis of Dharma .this thread sums it up.Backstabbing people with no skills.
Nuke with 26 rams GG.

AifoS

"The only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about."

Oscar Wilde

tman93

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
Backstabbing is one thing but adding in friend list just to noble the player later on is an entirely different level of douchebagness.
Nevertheless someone in externals wanted an analysis of Dharma .this thread sums it up.Backstabbing people with no skills.
Nuke with 26 rams GG.

Meh, overall it's a mutual decision. Anyone who adds anyone to a friends list knows that online times are made available.

DeletedUser100696

Meh, overall it's a mutual decision. Anyone who adds anyone to a friends list knows that online times are made available.

Did you know this on your first world? That's the biggest issue I have with it is that it took advantage of a newer player. If I would've friended him and he attacked me, I wouldn't be making a big deal about it because I understand the game a bit more than someone who is playing their first real world.

0/10 DHARMA tribe is based off LOST not buddhism...

I'm not sure if you are trolling me, or just uneducated...

DeletedUser53562

Did you know this on your first world? That's the biggest issue I have with it is that it took advantage of a newer player. If I would've friended him and he attacked me, I wouldn't be making a big deal about it because I understand the game a bit more than someone who is playing their first real world.

Seriously!? It's our responsibility now to ensure everyone we are attacking isn't a new player? Give me a break. You learn from being attacked and making mistakes. I get really frustrated hearing stuff like this. TW is not rocket science, the information is out there. Anyone can become a good player if they make the choice to do so. It's a war game at the end of the day and all is fair in love and war. ;)

tman93

Still Going Strong
Reaction score

Yes, I did figure it out on my first world because I read all the premium features when I was first contemplating purchasing it. Yes, back then it was a premium feature.

In addition, now a days you can even see the red/green dot in your mailbox. It's not difficult to figure out that green light means online and red line means offline. Pleading ignorance isn't an excuse here.

Spoons are deadly

I'm gonna agree with Tuzain here. Admittedly more recently innogames has made tw more new player friendly with all these quests etc but the players themselves really aren't. But it's not just to newcomers. If I was a new player and some big player approached me, offered advice and then sent a friendship application of course I would accept. I have no reason to suspect this new "friend" I have just made. Now all we've done is make this new guy suspicous of every player he comes into contact with.

Too many times I've seen underhand tactics or outright lies to the face to get an upper hand which just unsettles me. I know I know "It's only a game" but games are meant to be fun. I can't have fun if I'm constantly looking over my shoulder. I think this is the reason behind a comment I saw elsewhere on this world about how players always stick together through worlds. Because players are getting more and more untrustworthy of each other.

Edit: Tailored more towards original topic

Last edited:

Rand_Althor

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
I'm gonna agree with Tuzain here. Admittedly more recently innogames has made tw more new player friendly with all these quests etc but the players themselves really aren't. But it's not just to newcomers. If I was a new player and some big player approached me, offered advice and then sent a friendship application of course I would accept. I have no reason to suspect this new "friend" I have just made. Now all we've done is make this new guy suspicous of every player he comes into contact with.

Too many times I've seen underhand tactics or outright lies to the face to get an upper hand which just unsettles me. I know I know "It's only a game" but games are meant to be fun. I can't have fun if I'm constantly looking over my shoulder. I think this is the reason behind a comment I saw elsewhere on this world about how players always stick together through worlds. Because players are getting more and more untrustworthy of each other.

Edit: Tailored more towards original topic

^This

Having to use underhand tactics against a new player, says a lot more about the player using those tactics, and how bad they must be.

DeletedUser100696

Seriously!? It's our responsibility now to ensure everyone we are attacking isn't a new player? Give me a break. You learn from being attacked and making mistakes. I get really frustrated hearing stuff like this. TW is not rocket science, the information is out there. Anyone can become a good player if they make the choice to do so. It's a war game at the end of the day and all is fair in love and war. ;)

No, and I don't think I ever said that. My point behind the thread is that you shouldn't be taking advantage of a player simply because you know they are a new player. It makes no difference to me if you attack newer players, it is when you are shady and need to resort to making them think you are friends to beat them that I think it is more than a little messed up. If this guy would've just straight up attacked my friend, I wouldn't have posted this, wouldn't have any reason to. The reason I posted this is because a player in a #1 tribe that was also top 20 when this 'conflict' started had to resort to stabbing a new player in the back in an attempt to beat them, a player that is playing his first real world.

Also I saw that nothing was being said about Dharma for the most part so I actually expected them to be decent. I wanted to share my findings with the world.

Yes, I did figure it out on my first world because I read all the premium features when I was first contemplating purchasing it. Yes, back then it was a premium feature.

In addition, now a days you can even see the red/green dot in your mailbox. It's not difficult to figure out that green light means online and red line means offline. Pleading ignorance isn't an excuse here.

He saw the red dot for his account on my computer and wasn't sure what it meant because he was online, he just hadn't refreshed his page in 10 minutes. I agree that, to us anyway, it seems like common sense. We've also been playing for years and years. If I had never played an online game before, I would imagine that I would probably just overlook the dot, not thinking anything of it and not knowing why it changed colors.

DeletedUser

As Tuzain said, you are misrepresenting his argument and knocking down a straw man.

Attacking a new player is fine, but clearly the issue is the false-befriending, lying and dishonour. It's an important issue that Tuzain brings up, because the culture surrounding most of the elite within the community is one where betrayal is commonplace and acceptable, with actual decent people increasingly becoming fewer.

And apparently this is acceptable since it's a 'war game'. We play this game to replicate some aspects of war, but clearly not all. We don't replicate death, injury, homelessness, destitution and just because it's a war game doesn't mean we should also replicate deceit.

When I joined this game many years ago, I stuck around because of the friends I made. And on the whole they stuck to their word and we helped each other. If this situation had happened I would have quit and never returned to the game at all. And because players do this we are damaging our own community because we need new players to replace those who leave otherwise the game dies.

Acts such as the one OP describes is so much more pertinent than just simply a case of 'restart, learn and move on'. It's a poor, but probably accurate, reflection on the community of this game. And sadly its becoming increasingly worse.

arabela

War game or not, i hate backstabbing or lies aswell. Better don't try to talk to the player or try getting in the snake skin to win the trust of your target. If you rly are a good player, you can win in a normal way. If you need to backstabb a new player to take his village, then you definitly suck...

Last edited: