Failed Vote Disable Nightbonus on recent caps

Do you like this idea?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Eakshow McGee

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
In an attempt to make Nightbonus be more acceptable by the community, and reduce certain annoying moment that comes from Nightbonus being Dynamic.

This is something Baldur wrote on discord in small discussion about Night Bonus and possible issues:
Baldur said:
issues with NB from my perspective

a) hard to hit ops on the same landing time. Usually you need to either skip targets or do the op early/later on some targets.
b) Very unfair sometimes how NB line up between players. IE. I cap from you out of your NB while in my NB so now it's very expensive for you to recap, then when I get out of NB my wall is up
c) I send a train towards you. cap your village, you plan on backtiming me with your second village, But I am in NB when my nuke returns.

both a & c is pretty hard to find a good solution, without going to a Fixed Nightbonus which is imo not a good option considering all timezones that play on .net.

However b) could be fixed with a simple solution:
If a village doesnt have loy 100, the village isnt granted the night bonus.

This means that you cant use your nightbonus to safely cap villages inside enemy cluster or to recaps on tribemates which doesnt have nightbonus active.
This means also that if you loyfail on a village, you can still go for it even when they have nightbonus instead of having to wait 8h (or risk walling hard af) while they can build their wall up.

Hopefully this is a good comprise for those that really dislike night bonus active.

Eakshow McGee

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
Also feel free to raise other issues with NB so it might be resolved with further suggestion posts in the future :)

Eakshow McGee

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
My issue: would nightbonus being disabled be visible? Cause then the map would visibly show villages with less than 100. Which seems a bit silly.

What you mean visible? Pretty sure nothing on the map says a village has Nightbonus active or not except when using the pop-up box on the player, and in this case it could just show the usual nightbonus for the player unless in the confirmation page where it doesnt warn you for nightbonus?

Feel like an issue that could be easily fixed ^^

Donkey Sex Show

blocked
Reaction score
I hope to never play a dynamic NB again anyway, but my point is: if you have a visual, game implemented, way of seeing enemies villages that are below 100% loyalty then that could be quite lame, particularly after an Op and seeing which villages had nobles walk through/successful snipes. This would be a real time indicator of the status of your enemy, which is different from getting good communication/reports from tribemates.

I am against this aspect of your suggestion.

Mintyfresh

Skilled Soldier 18 & Master Commander 21 & 22
Reaction score
Reeee I misclicked and I can't seem to change my vote

AuroraMoon

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
night bonus only goes for 8hrs.... does it really have that much of an affect on ops?? cant the op makers work around it??

there is always a group of players (outside of night bonus) that can be targeted and your still lowering/taking out a tribes troops,
since any support inbound most likely has already landed or been sent to defend against the nukes/nobles already inbound (landing before their night bonus)
so wouldnt it only delay a conquer rather then prevent a conquer from taking place, adding to the challenge??

in my opinion
night bonus adds to the fun, variety and a challenge to a world
since tribes need to work together more consistently, op makers actually get a chance to do something and plan things out and more follow-up ops

couldnt people that dont like night bonus worlds just play a different world, its not like its active every world....

however if night bonus was active every world then something like this would be nice
but personally would only like to see it cancel night bonus if loyalty is below 25-35 and only for 3-4hrs at max (any more seems excessive to me)
since night bonus only lasts for a total of 8hrs anyway

Eakshow McGee

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
night bonus only goes for 8hrs.... does it really have that much of an affect on ops?? cant the op makers work around it??

there is always a group of players (outside of night bonus) that can be targeted and your still lowering/taking out a tribes troops,
since any support inbound most likely has already landed or been sent to defend against the nukes/nobles already inbound (landing before their night bonus)
so wouldnt it only delay a conquer rather then prevent a conquer from taking place, adding to the challenge??

in my opinion
night bonus adds to the fun, variety and a challenge to a world
since tribes need to work together more consistently, op makers actually get a chance to do something and plan things out and more follow-up ops

couldnt people that dont like night bonus worlds just play a different world, its not like its active every world....

however if night bonus was active every world then something like this would be nice
but personally would only like to see it cancel night bonus if loyalty is below 25-35 and only for 3-4hrs at max (any more seems excessive to me)
since night bonus only lasts for a total of 8hrs anyway
Not sure if you read through the suggestion? the suggestion is to fix the b) issue which is about Nightbonus making recaps almost impossible.

Limit on when nightbonus should be deactivated for a cap could ofc be below eg. 50 and not 100 which still would mean that you have 12-24h to do the recap before it gets it nightbonus again.

And this would possible also reduce the issue most players have with nightbonus world which would make the world attractive to more players. last vote pointed that the community is pretty 50/50 with the setting, which imo points to it needs to be fixed to be a "regular" setting as it is now.

Donkey Sex Show

blocked
Reaction score
Not sure if you read through the suggestion? the suggestion is to fix the b) issue which is about Nightbonus making recaps almost impossible.

Limit on when nightbonus should be deactivated for a cap could ofc be below eg. 50 and not 100 which still would mean that you have 12-24h to do the recap before it gets it nightbonus again.

And this would possible also reduce the issue most players have with nightbonus world which would make the world attractive to more players. last vote pointed that the community is pretty 50/50 with the setting, which imo points to it needs to be fixed to be a "regular" setting as it is now.
alright, now reply to my issue

Eakshow McGee

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
alright, now reply to my issue

Didn't I already? Nightbonus isn't a visual thing on map? and only time it would say it doesnt have nightbonus would probably be confirmation page which means to actually figure out if a village has low Loy would be to go to rally point -> send attack... and that takes about the same amount of time for you to just see in shared commands that your tribemate has nobles returning from that village.

Donkey Sex Show

blocked
Reaction score
lol still lameee

Id rather see something like a 24 night bonus hour cooldown after villages get captured rather than loyalty down.

AuroraMoon

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score

if A) and C) are not part of the suggestion, could the following please be removed from the original post

This is something Baldur wrote on discord in small discussion about Night Bonus and possible issues:
Baldur said:
a) hard to hit ops on the same landing time. Usually you need to either skip targets or do the op early/later on some targets.
c) I send a train towards you. cap your village, you plan on backtiming me with your second village, But I am in NB when my nuke returns.
both a & c is pretty hard to find a good solution, without going to a Fixed Nightbonus which is imo not a good option considering all timezones that play on .net.

Eakshow McGee

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
lol still lameee

Id rather see something like a 24 night bonus hour cooldown after villages get captured rather than loyalty down.
could work, but issue i can see with that is that if you loyfail they still get nightbonus (=8h for them to secure village)