Disbanding a tribe by an enemy or spy or account sitter

DeletedUser

Hi,

Is it legal if someone who tried spying or account sitting tribemates to DISBAND A TRIBE?

It happened in this world, WORLD 43. Our Tribe: Dark Temple (ID: ~RFG~) and our ally Tribe: Creatures of Midnight (ID: .COM) has been disbanded by mango911911. From a statement by Caedon the new leader of .COM, mango911911 has been account sitting to all the players.

This is very unprofessional and we would like to know if its legal. If this is illegal, please do necessary actions. Also, we are looking forward if there's a way to re-unite our tribe by all means.

Thanks,
mikoyz

DeletedUser

were not --- they did that very unprofessional thing because theyre losing

DeletedUser

Uhm.. read the rules, but to be honest, it's very unprofessional of you rather then of the game.

DeletedUser

so what happened?

mango911911 was invited to dshokr and dismissed his tribe before leaving?
or during an account sit dshokr dismissed it while sitting mango911911?

DeletedUser

And here I was, wondering by what stroke of luck my noble targets had been kicked by their tribe. Turns out the entire tribe was disbanded?! Maybe I should pay more attention to what goes on around me eh? :icon_redface:

DeletedUser

It's really not against rules because its insecureness of tribes that lead to this.

DeletedUser

I do believe this may be the Tribal Wars equivalent of kicking a tribe in the balls.

darkaniken2

Hi,

Is it legal if someone who tried spying or account sitting tribemates to DISBAND A TRIBE?

It happened in this world, WORLD 43. Our Tribe: Dark Temple (ID: ~RFG~) and our ally Tribe: Creatures of Midnight (ID: .COM) has been disbanded by mango911911. From a statement by Caedon the new leader of .COM, mango911911 has been account sitting to all the players.

This is very unprofessional and we would like to know if its legal. If this is illegal, please do necessary actions. Also, we are looking forward if there's a way to re-unite our tribe by all means.

Thanks,
mikoyz
This is a valid tactic, although normally frowned upon. If you set someone a baron/duke, you should be sure they aren't going to do something like this.

DeletedUser

oh yeah this happens all the time, it's how wars are fought nowadays. apparently this is legal but it doesn't make it right. these methods used to gain sitting access over a duke's account are the same type of social engineering methods used to get account information such as username and password. people are not what they want us to think they are, will do anything to gain your trust but once given they will take and take and take. the true nature of man

darkaniken2

oh yeah this happens all the time, it's how wars are fought nowadays. apparently this is legal but it doesn't make it right. these methods used to gain sitting access over a duke's account are the same type of social engineering methods used to get account information such as username and password. people are not what they want us to think they are, will do anything to gain your trust but once given they will take and take and take. the true nature of man
Oh, go cry to someone else. If your tribe was any good, it wouldn't matter. You could have everyone back within a matter of hours. Plus it'd clean the inactives for you.

DeletedUser

If your leader was stupid enough to set a random guy as his account sitter, you all deserve it.

One less noob tribe in the world.

DeletedUser

Hi,

Thanks,
mikoyz

What happened to you, while "unprofessional," is a perfectly legal and valid tactic for someone of the dignity level needed to do such a thing.

Having said that, your tribe, or the tribes in question, were very unprofessional to allow someone in a Duke position to be sat by someone else and thus abuse such powers.

And here I was, wondering by what stroke of luck my noble targets had been kicked by their tribe. Turns out the entire tribe was disbanded?! Maybe I should pay more attention to what goes on around me eh? :icon_redface:
ADD is a biatch sometimes, isn't it? :icon_razz:

DeletedUser

Oh, go cry to someone else. If your tribe was any good, it wouldn't matter. You could have everyone back within a matter of hours. Plus it'd clean the inactives for you.

you quoted the wrong guy...I didn't start this topic I only replied to it.

either way right or wrong morally its still within the game rules so don`t set anyone as a sitter unless you actually know them real well and don`t invite strangers to your tribe either.

Last edited by a moderator:

darkaniken2

you quoted the wrong guy...I didn't start this topic I only replied to it.
Based on the tone of voice you used in your post, this has happened to you before. And it was more of a general comment to anyone defending the OP.

DeletedUser

never happened to me before although I have seen this before, and not always to noob tribes. people get duped by phishing schemes all the time and gaining someone`s trust by employing certain social engineering techniques is similar to this. I don't defend the duke for setting someone they don't know too well but I don't have contempt or animosity towards him either, it can happen to anyone...a victim did not have it coming nor were they asking for it.

DeletedUser

I don't defend the duke for setting someone they don't know too well but I don't have contempt or animosity towards him either, it can happen to anyone...
Who has expressed contempt or animosity? We just expressed the fact that smart players know how to avoid this from ever happening.

a victim did not have it coming nor were they asking for it.

I'm sorry, but this attitude that people should not be blamed for their actions is wrong. So what if he "ask" for the sitter to disband the tribe. He was careless, and his tribe paid the price for it.

Think of it this way, if you had a Bentley, and you were driving in South Central L.A., and got thirsty, then stopped at a 7-11, left your key in the car with the motor running, and your car was stolen, were you asking for it? Or were you just careless and got what you deserved?

DeletedUser

Who has expressed contempt or animosity? We just expressed the fact that smart players know how to avoid this from ever happening.

I'm sorry, but this attitude that people should not be blamed for their actions is wrong. So what if he "ask" for the sitter to disband the tribe. He was careless, and his tribe paid the price for it.

Think of it this way, if you had a Bentley, and you were driving in South Central L.A., and got thirsty, then stopped at a 7-11, left your key in the car with the motor running, and your car was stolen, were you asking for it? Or were you just careless and got what you deserved?

ok then, when you said "smart players" what are you implying by that? do you understand what contempt or animosity means? because in fact that statement itself is borne from contempt and animosity.

as for people being blamed for their actions? well everyone should take responsibility for their own actions but a victim of a crime does not go to jail nor does the perpetrator get a pat on the back for committing the crime against a so called "careless" victim.

as for the bentley? if you saw a bentley in a 7-11 parking lot with the key in the ignition and engine running would you take it? for all you know its a bait car and will lock you inside until the cops show up...lol