Discussion: Android APP

DeletedUser

Dear players,

We would like to update you on the current status of our Android app.
After our efforts over the last months to improve the overall quality of the app, we have decided to exit the beta status and this why we want to let more players know about the possibility to play Tribal Wars on an Android device.
We also want to share an overview on the latest improvements we did to the app:

- access to more screens
- significant improvements to the mails and reports screens
- added support for many more devices
- revamped construction screen
- speedier loading for many screens
- added new quests screen
- many tweaks to usability and bug fixes
- players downloading the app can play without first needing to register

We will continue working on the app in the future to improve the quality even more.

Your feedback and bug reports are always appreciated and we relied heavily on them throughout the entire beta process, so don't hesitate to keep sending them to us!

Your Tribal Wars Team

MR.MR

Biggest complaint about the app:

I'm writing a nice mail response, or forum post. I look up from my screen and say something to a human in RL. When I look back down, my screen has turned off. When I turn it back on, the app always exits out of whatever page I was on and goes back to the village overview. Same thing if I get a text message and the popup appears over the app. Exits out of whatever screen I was just on. I have lost so many responses to things from this, and its downright annoying. This has happened with 2 phones now, first a Motorola Atrix 2 and now the new Galaxy S5 Active.

Also, the back button on your android phone is useless in the TW app. Say im in the forums, and want to click a bbcode link for a village/player. You cannot hit the back button on your phone to go to the previous page (the forum post you were looking at), hitting back once exits you all the way to the village overview. So then you have to trek all the way back into your forums to the post you were looking at to look at the next link... if theres 5-10 villages/players to look at, this is several minutes of time since you have to load 8 extra pages each time (and not to mention a waste of your data limit on cell phones). Again, this is with both of the phones for the last 2+ years (however long the app has been out)

DeletedUser91827

I just use it as an alarm for attacks and mail.

I log in using the normal cell phone browser ! ;-)

Last edited by a moderator:

conatus

I get notifications such as building completion, troop return, incoming, and so forth for two of my three tribes (different worlds). I can look at screens for only one of my tribes.

I would like a way to turn on notifications for all tribes and a way to switch between them when using the ap.

Varomnia

On the Android app, when viewing someone's villages I have scouted or attacked, more times than not, I will get a report not found message quickly pop up on the screen and be redirected back to my village overview, and when this happens, it can be replicated. Still a few other bugs, but are more minor complaints more than anything else. Fix this first and i'll start getting more picky. :)