Discussion: Annual Awards 2017

Discussion in 'Discussion and Community Feedback' started by Aliyah, Dec 30, 2017.

Share This Page

1. OTDDeathAwaits

OTDDeathAwaits Master Commander 2015 & 2017

Brilliant :D

2. Hello guys, normally I wouldn't bother posting this but I find it incredibly amusing so rather than going directly through the official channels, I'll post it here.

If you look at two of the most recent votes, you will see that they are done by two new members: mhm-mhm and Duo Versisque. Their accounts were clearly made to vote on this annual awards. Tribal Wars does promote this in-game, so it is fair for people to create accounts for this, but something struck me off about these two particular accounts. Normally I check the forums before I go to bed, just have a look at the new posts and I had a gander at mhm-mhm's original nominations for his annual awards.

Now I understand he has changed his vote. People seem to like to completely edit their posts around 40 minutes after they make them when they realised they've messed up nowadays, can't really understand it.

[​IMG]

But here's the thing, I swear his nomination originally looked a bit like this:

Actually, I'd be tempted to say and willing to put good money that it looked EXACTLY like this down to the letter. I cannot confirm anything, but I'd not be too surprised if perhaps there is a third or even fourth person in the thread that is really just one person. Best have a check around.

Anyways, just trying to help :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2018
    DisplayOnly likes this.
  3. DisplayOnly

DisplayOnly Forum Personality 2015

I noticed that post before it got edited out too. Wonder what the reason was for why someone would remove such a thought out post.

Edit:

Oh I see what you're saying. Duo straight up took what mhm mhm originally wrote but edited out for some reason. Haha. Strange.

4. Duo Versisque

Duo Versisque New Member

I'm new to forums, and play w80 with DVBBS. I never post on forums but wanted to make a nomination because I know how hard the TreX account has been working recently, how formidable and opponent the RDT account was, and how much thought Fleezus puts in to his posts. Unfortunately I didn't know how it worked and logged in with the wrong account, made it with a useless account and wanted to use Duo as it is a well respected and known account and I wanted the people I am voting for to get the credit they deserve.

I understand the confusion, also wanted to nominate GT and h0lly so thought I would use my mistaken posts to do that because I have absolutely no idea how to delete posts. Also as a side note you are technically allowed unlimited nominations. I hope that clears up any confusion, I thought I might cause issues with this mistake but hope that fixed it

Last edited: Jan 22, 2018
    DisplayOnly likes this.
  5. Fair enough, I care only for the legality of the general process. It has been the case in the past that players have created a multitude of accounts to cast fraudulent votes as Tribal Wars allows players to do this easily.

6. Duo Versisque

Duo Versisque New Member

Totally appreciate that and understand that my mess up could easily make it look like I'm doing something dodgy but it was an honest mistake so glad we're all cleared up now

7. Ultimatum X

Ultimatum X Contributing Poster

Kinda funny when people are nominating someone for forum personality when I have to "show ignored content" to see their posts because their 'personality' stinks

#Learn2ShitPostBro

8. Gwaihir aka Bluetomahawk

Gwaihir aka Bluetomahawk Non-stop Poster

Have i missed winner announcement or someone forgot about them? o_O

9. Jirki88

Jirki88 Administrator Tribal Wars Team Community Management

No and no. They've been a bit delayed, but will be sorted out soon.

10. dinosaur killers

dinosaur killers Non-stop Poster

to me with things like these awards everyone should get 1 nomination, not per forum account they own but one per IP address that way the votes are fairer for the mods and admin to count and there will be less likeliness of cheating just to get a forum award especially with premium involved

11. Jirki88

Jirki88 Administrator Tribal Wars Team Community Management

The quality of the nominations are more important than the quantity of nominations though, as is also stated in the contest post.

Fleezus Clyde likes this.