Discussion: Annual Awards 2017

OTDDeathAwaits

So sad that people need to ask to get nominated.

a0ce71c11df4cd589b96a16d3296a686.png

Brilliant :D

DeletedUser

Hello guys, normally I wouldn't bother posting this but I find it incredibly amusing so rather than going directly through the official channels, I'll post it here.

If you look at two of the most recent votes, you will see that they are done by two new members: mhm-mhm and Duo Versisque. Their accounts were clearly made to vote on this annual awards. Tribal Wars does promote this in-game, so it is fair for people to create accounts for this, but something struck me off about these two particular accounts. Normally I check the forums before I go to bed, just have a look at the new posts and I had a gander at mhm-mhm's original nominations for his annual awards.

Now I understand he has changed his vote. People seem to like to completely edit their posts around 40 minutes after they make them when they realised they've messed up nowadays, can't really understand it.

rAk0ZTR.png

But here's the thing, I swear his nomination originally looked a bit like this:

Tribe Mate of the Year: TreX (Jake/TreX)
In my opinion this award can only go to Jake and TreX. Anyone who doubts this should look at their commitment on w96. They have taken account sit after account sit for anyone who couldn't defend themselves for any reason to keep every village they can within their tribe with unwavering commitment. They could easily be nominated for skilled soldier, but I think this award is better suited to them for the amount of time they commit to the game, and not even for their own account. I wouldn't like to guess how much time they both must spend sitting, but it's a hell of a lot more than I or anyone else I know could ever commit to someone else's account and for that I think they deserve respect.

Skilled Soldier: RealDonaldTrump

The perfect example for this account would be w92. Where the rest of the tribe failed to make progress initially, nothing stopped this account. Wiping out an inactive account that was perma-sat by some of the best snipers in the enemy tribe first, they then went on to become a pretty unstoppable force, taking down account after account so that the rest of their tribe could make progress too. With such a huge lead over the rank 2 account they can gift villages without risk of losing rank 1, and reaching it with very few internals and an endless list of war caps they definitely deserve this award. You know they're a skilled account when they have such sweet timings so consistently that they get accused of botting by the other tribes they're facing, because the players aren't used to the level of skill. These guys make up a one man army, and if you let them do their thing they could easily win you a world.

Forum Personality of the Year: Fleezus Clyde
I personally think that Fleezus deserves this award over anyone. He is one of the top posters of the forums across all worlds, especially those worlds he is playing actively. I find that more than anyone else that posts on forums, Fleezus manages to find a perfect balance between serious posts and humour. He posts in equal measure what appears to be the main 2 things everyone wants from the forums - analyses and humour. Whilst funny contribution to roasts and gif threads keep the mood of the forums light, he ensures that he posts an analysis of worlds he plays at various intervals, giving a rounded view with a considerable amount less bias than I have seen from other forum posters. For examples on this look at his w97 posts - informative without any cattiness and little bias.

Some say that Fleezus gets too drawn into petty fights on forums. I think that this would not be a good reason to not give him an award that he truly deserves. Anyone can be drawn into fights and for someone that posts so consistently and is received so well, people who are trying to drag him into fights at this stage with mocking posts should chill out. He's a very passionate guy and his contributions and commitment to keeping the forums alive should not be overlooked, especially considering there are many posters who post a lot of rubbish and make every thread about them. For any that are unsure if his posts are actually welcome, just look at his likes - over 1800 like received on his messages is not something to be sniffed at, and with the most likes on the forums of any active poster and a lead of nearly 500 likes, this award can simply go to no one else.

I'm relatively new to forums, but in the short time I've seen Fleezus posting, he seems to constantly be striving to improve both his content and his maturity, and with over a 2:1 ratio of likes: posts it appears that there are a lot of others that feel the same way about his brilliant contributions to the forums, especially looking at the comments on his threads. The fact that in 10 short months he has over 800 posts is not something to gawk at. I don't think anyone has contributed more this year than Fleezus.

Actually, I'd be tempted to say and willing to put good money that it looked EXACTLY like this down to the letter. I cannot confirm anything, but I'd not be too surprised if perhaps there is a third or even fourth person in the thread that is really just one person. Best have a check around.

Anyways, just trying to help :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I noticed that post before it got edited out too. Wonder what the reason was for why someone would remove such a thought out post.

Edit:

Oh I see what you're saying. Duo straight up took what mhm mhm originally wrote but edited out for some reason. Haha. Strange.

Duo Versisque

I'm new to forums, and play w80 with DVBBS. I never post on forums but wanted to make a nomination because I know how hard the TreX account has been working recently, how formidable and opponent the RDT account was, and how much thought Fleezus puts in to his posts. Unfortunately I didn't know how it worked and logged in with the wrong account, made it with a useless account and wanted to use Duo as it is a well respected and known account and I wanted the people I am voting for to get the credit they deserve.

I understand the confusion, also wanted to nominate GT and h0lly so thought I would use my mistaken posts to do that because I have absolutely no idea how to delete posts. Also as a side note you are technically allowed unlimited nominations. I hope that clears up any confusion, I thought I might cause issues with this mistake but hope that fixed it

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Fair enough, I care only for the legality of the general process. It has been the case in the past that players have created a multitude of accounts to cast fraudulent votes as Tribal Wars allows players to do this easily.

Duo Versisque

Totally appreciate that and understand that my mess up could easily make it look like I'm doing something dodgy but it was an honest mistake so glad we're all cleared up now

DeletedUser79609

Kinda funny when people are nominating someone for forum personality when I have to "show ignored content" to see their posts because their 'personality' stinks

#Learn2ShitPostBro

Gwaihir aka Bluetomahawk

Have i missed winner announcement or someone forgot about them? o_O

DeletedUser107233

to me with things like these awards everyone should get 1 nomination, not per forum account they own but one per IP address that way the votes are fairer for the mods and admin to count and there will be less likeliness of cheating just to get a forum award especially with premium involved

Jirki88

Administrator
Tribal Wars Team
Community Management
Reaction score
to me with things like these awards everyone should get 1 nomination, not per forum account they own but one per IP address that way the votes are fairer for the mods and admin to count and there will be less likeliness of cheating just to get a forum award especially with premium involved
The quality of the nominations are more important than the quantity of nominations though, as is also stated in the contest post.