Discussion: Attack breaks (2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Barbs

I wish that you folks would make it so we could still farm the Barbs so that some of us who sit here during the break could still have those to work on. Maybe for some of us the holiday is a break to get to play on.:lol::lol::lol:

DeletedUser

Just to clarify you might want to look at my previous post on the previous page to see that I think the suggestion that Tribal wars and their staff are being racist is absolutely ridiculous.

However, with regards to your question of how can this be racial hatred/discrimination when it revolves around a religion, here is a reference of the UN and the English definition of racial discrimination;

[SPOIL]The UN does not define "racism", however it does define "racial discrimination": according to the United Nations Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Racial Discrimination

the term "racial discrimination" shall mean any distinction, exclusion, restriction or preference based on race, colour, descent, or national or ethnic origin which has the purpose or effect of nullifying or impairing the recognition, enjoyment or exercise, on an equal footing, of human rights and fundamental freedoms in the political, economic, social, cultural or any other field of public life.[5]

This definition does not make any difference between discrimination based on ethnicity and race, in part because the distinction between the two remains debatable among anthropologists.[6] Similarly, in British law the phrase racial group means "any group of people who are defined by reference to their race, colour, nationality (including citizenship) or ethnic or national origin".[/SPOIL]

So if something was to discriminate based on religion/ethnicity then it could be considered racial discrimination.

However as I said before, Christmas is a NATIONAL holiday celebrated by people of all sorts of ethnic backgrounds, so in that light it cannot be consider racial discrimination.

race does not equal ethnicity and the un quote has no mention of religion; however people of a particular ethnic group may share the same religious beliefs. just saying.

DeletedUser

I already responded to a post just like this one in a post shortly after that one, perhaps take the time to read that one to save me repeating myself.

Many Thanks.

CodaAlFine

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
Didn't you get the 3 day bonus on premium like everyone else? (both premium & non premium members?)

I'm talking about this with regard to the idea of freezing the server altogether (hypothetical). You were saying that people would complain that premium would be wasted for the time they can't log in/play. Well is there a way to also freeze premium use? That's all.

Just saying, because I think the idea is good, and really paying for premium during attack breaks for many people would also amount to just a waste.

DeletedUser

I'm talking about this with regard to the idea of freezing the server altogether (hypothetical). You were saying that people would complain that premium would be wasted for the time they can't log in/play. Well is there a way to also freeze premium use? That's all.

Just saying, because I think the idea is good, and really paying for premium during attack breaks for many people would also amount to just a waste.

but you already are not paying for premium over attack breaks. :icon_razz: non-premium players get 3 days premium, and premium get their extended by 3 days.

CodaAlFine

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
have it your way. But don't call it "free" premium or "extra", if it's just there to cover a non-playable period. And I'm not a guy. Do I look like a guy?

DeletedUser

have it your way. But don't call it "free" premium or "extra", if it's just there to cover a non-playable period. And I'm not a guy. Do I look like a guy?

You look a bit like Pulsar FTW to me. :icon_wink:

Oh and, while I didn't call it free, isn't "covering a non-playable period" what you were talking about in your last 3 posts? yeaaahh...

CodaAlFine

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
yeah - so therefore, (if the server was frozen) still more free premium would need to be added - or otherwise people are going to complain that they have lost something...

DeletedUser

yeah - so therefore, (if the server was frozen) still more free premium would need to be added - or otherwise people are going to complain that they have lost something...

but they already don't lose anything since their premium over the attack breaks is not used up.... :icon_neutral:

DeletedUser45372

also, attacking isn't the only use of premium. There are other things you can (and probably will) do over the attack breaks, such as mass recruiting, mass minting, taking care of a multi million point account, etc...

2hot2handle

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
but you already are not paying for premium over attack breaks. :icon_razz: non-premium players get 3 days premium, and premium get their extended by 3 days.

You look like the turin shroud with a santa hat on . :p
I love how people argue about this every year . They should be called Viscous Circle attack breaks .

<3

Baroness Janice

Arrggh dont you love the peace and goodwill.

The Chinese in fact also celebrate Christmas although they do not take time off. Their shops are filled with Christmas trees and decorations and Christmas music and they know all the songs. But it does not appear to have any religious significance to them whatsoever. it is a day of peace and goodwill. They give beautifully wrapped apples to one another. Why an apple? Because for them an apple is a symbol of peace.

Now could we have a bit of peace and quiet in this thread, please?
BJ

DeletedUser

New Years

Does this mean that during the New Years Speed special you will not be able to attack anyone at all?
Thanks

killasama

:( Just about time for me to lose my favorite game to break again. Do we really need a new years break? Oh well time to go stare at the walls in my house

Kash2Smash

why?!?!?
i understand attack breaks= no attacks on players..
but why cant we attack barbs?!?!?!/ WHY?!? my farming... :(

DeletedUser

It would be nice to have the ability to attack yourself during the break. This way players could do some winter cleaning of troops and balance things out during the break if they wanted to. This wouldn't cause other players the need to play if they wanted the break, and would give everyone else something to do... Just a thought...

DeletedUser

It would be nice to have the ability to attack yourself during the break. This way players could do some winter cleaning of troops and balance things out during the break if they wanted to. This wouldn't cause other players the need to play if they wanted the break, and would give everyone else something to do... Just a thought...

I agree 100% :).

bubbaray97

a comment on farming

I know this has been discussed many times in previous years and I'm sorry if its already happened on this thread, but after three pages of "who at TW is a racist/relgious bigot/etc for wanting to give us a break" I got tired and jumped to the end...

I just thought I'd point out my own little edge case so I could join the people complaining :)

I get the point about not allowing farming to remove pressure from people to feel like they have to log in, but I'm just coming back to the game after taking some time off, I make a new village on a new world...and bang..no farming...now I basically am set back more as a newbie on my world since my res buildings are small and I can't even use my small band of spears to farm the barbs.....basically 2 days of player protection down the drain...

Happy <<whatever holiday or non-holiday it may be for you goes here>>!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.