Discussion: Attack breaks (2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

2hot2handle

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
It would be nice to have the ability to attack yourself during the break. This way players could do some winter cleaning of troops and balance things out during the break if they wanted to. This wouldn't cause other players the need to play if they wanted the break, and would give everyone else something to do... Just a thought...

What an interesting idea . I don't know if it would be possible though .

I know this has been discussed many times in previous years and I'm sorry if its already happened on this thread, but after three pages of "who at TW is a racist/relgious bigot/etc for wanting to give us a break" I got tired and jumped to the end...

I just thought I'd point out my own little edge case so I could join the people complaining :)

I get the point about not allowing farming to remove pressure from people to feel like they have to log in, but I'm just coming back to the game after taking some time off, I make a new village on a new world...and bang..no farming...now I basically am set back more as a newbie on my world since my res buildings are small and I can't even use my small band of spears to farm the barbs.....basically 2 days of player protection down the drain...

Happy <<whatever holiday or non-holiday it may be for you goes here>>!!!!

Well thats down to your bad timing . Unfortunate , but not really a good reason not to have an attack break .

Happy New Year :)

<3

Kash2Smash

meh, but seriously TW staff shoud consider us allowing to farm barbs... same case as bubbaray... i joiend W54 yesterday morning... lol farmed as much as i could and dang, no more farming

2hot2handle

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
meh, but seriously TW staff shoud consider us allowing to farm barbs... same case as bubbaray... i joiend W54 yesterday morning... lol farmed as much as i could and dang, no more farming

wow will people get over the attack breaks , I have a link I can share with you , I don't think it's appropriate to post on these forums ... but its the gamers version of AA . :icon_eek:

If people with nothing else to do really want to do something over the break , write some guides , use the time to offer something constructive to this community .

<3

Kash2Smash

wow will people get over the attack breaks , I have a link I can share with you , I don't think it's appropriate to post on these forums ... but its the gamers version of AA . :icon_eek:

If people with nothing else to do really want to do something over the break , write some guides , use the time to offer something constructive to this community .

<3

hahaha, i came back after some 6 months of 'quitting:lol:' TW... lol
and tbh, i am really pissed coz i cant organize the new years party with my friends... :(
thats why i am making a fuss bout this :icon_redface:

bubbaray97

likewise I'm coming back from taking a few months off...and no 2Hot2Handle, I wasn't using my story as a reason why there shouldn't be an attack break...just needed something to do since I couldn't farm...and I thought why not spend the time complaining on the forum :)

alright I'm done now...return to your lives

DeletedUser

What an interesting idea . I don't know if it would be possible though .

It'd be easy in the code to implement. Whatever condition they have that checks the date/time on sending an attack, or landing an attack would add the condition to check if target village owner equals the sender village owner.

A humble player

<3

Jamm's guide to quitting for the obscenely desperate?

I may write a guide now, but not a normal one, a guide to BBcodes, since no one uses the right :|

DeletedUser

firstly id like to say deal with the attack breaks and possibly do what they suggest and dont log in, that way you can build stuff when you come back.

In favour of the players, maybe tw should launch a world 6 weeks in advance of the attack breaks, so people can get a decent level of growth prior to breaks, even if they temporaily closed all worlds for new subscriptions until after the break, which isnt "fair" i admit but would stop everyone moaning.

Lastly i think that we should be thankful that the mods only make attack breaks for about 4 days, and not for every single religious festival, otherwise we really would be bored with nothing to attack.

*Flame away*

DeletedUser

Do attack breaks come around often through-out the year? I've seen that over Christmas and New Years their popular. What about Easter? I'm just curious on the matter. :icon_surprised:

DeletedUser

we should have one on the second of march!!!! :icon_eek: Afterall Community Managers don't turn 20 every day!

Status
Not open for further replies.