Event Discussion: Beast of the Black Mountain event

Jirki88

Administrator
Tribal Wars Team
Community Management
Reaction score

Beast of the Black Mountain

As long as they can remember the population of the nearby village of Caerbannog have plagued by the vicious beast which thrones atop the Black Mountain, in which shadow the village has been lying as long as history remembers.

For many centuries the beast had been plaguing the village, slaying cattle and pillaging the fields. But it also made sure that the village was kept alone.The fresh waters coming from the mountain peak kept the lands fertile and ensured that there always was enough foodstock for the villagers to make it through the winter. Then there also were the crystals which could be found in the mountain caverns. Gathered by those adventurous enough to dare the climb; of which many did not return. While not the most valuable commodity their rarity and the stories surrounding them made them valuable enough to bring moderate prosperity to the village.

But as the war came life became more desperate. Now the village no longer only had to support their own population but pay their share for the war efforts too. As the stockpile and supply of crystals ceased, the livestock became more thin and the fields were exploited the beast was seen more of a burden to the survival of the village. With time it became more aggressive and desperate, attacking warehouses and caravans trying to leave or enter the village. In these dark times the village elders decided, that the beast could no longer be tolerated.

With all that was remaining of their previous wealth the elders send out a call for the most daring adventurer.

One who would dare to climb the mountain and slay the beast.

The Event

Dear players,
welcome to our new event called "Beast of the Black Mountain". In this event you will be tasked to take control of a brave adventurer and guide him on his way to the peak of the Black Mountain and slay a beast. The event will start on the 13th of September and run for 14 days.

Start: 13.09.2017
End: 27.09.2017
Worlds: All except classic and speed

A Hero's Journey

The hero starts of at the bottom of the mountain and can decide which path to take to the top. Every icon represents a challenge the hero has to overcome. Each challenge requires a certain amount of stamina to be able to progress. Once your hero has mastered a challenge he can continue his journey by taking up one of the adjacent icons. Each challenge will reward the hero with crystals that he finds on his way.
Crystals can be spend in the event shop for powerful rewards. The hero can also find new pieces of equipment which will make it easier for him to fulfill his quest. If the hero reaches the top and slays the beast he will get crystals as a reward and the mountain will reset. The hero will be presented with a new mountain with new and harder encounters but keep the equipment he has found so far.

The wise adventurer has to decide if he wants to go straight for the top to get higher rewards faster or spend more time searching for better equipment before starting a new set of challenges.

botbm_challenge01_125px.png
botbm_challenge02_125px.png
botbm_challenge03_125px.png
botbm_challenge04_125px.png

Powerful Equipment

The equipment of less fortunate adventurers can be found throughout the mountain. On every mountain all pieces of equipment can be found. There are six pieces of equipment: sword, helmet, armor, gauntlet, belt and boots. Each of these can be found in four levels of rarity. This is displayed by the colors blue, green, red and purple, indicating the increasing rarity. Equipment pieces of higher rarity can only be found if the hero already possesses the previous tier.

Carrying equipment of higher rarity will make new encounters easier, but finding all pieces of equipment will also take more time. The number below the equipment list will show the bonus the hero will get in fighting the next encounter. While a hero can face several encounters at the same time, the bonus will only be applied when a new encounter is started.

botbm_helmet_blue.png
botbm_chest_red.png
botbm_gauntlet_green.png
botbm_sword_purple.png
botbm_belt_red.png
botbm_boots_blue.png

Marvelous Crystals

The crystals that the hero finds during his adventure can be exchanged in the event shop in return for powerful items to fuel your war efforts. The items exchanged for crystals during the event will remain in your inventory when the event ends. Once the event ends, you will still have 24 hours to access the event shop and use your remaining crystals. After that time, the event screen will be inaccessible, the crystals removed and the event shop closed. Please note that when you transfer to a casual world your crystals and event progress will not be transferred to the casual world.

botbm_mountain_400x100.png

Now go forth and slay the beast!

Your Tribal Wars Team​

busamad

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Like the idea so far still unsure if its best to look around or go direct.

I like the War Commander would not mind seeing some of the rewards from the games pop up in the daily bonus now & again.

DeletedUser120081

For mid/late game the prices are actually nowhere near good take for example the mini warchest only generates 25% of your village limit wouldn't even buy it normally
No warehouse packages
Only thing i would find worthy would be lc/axe booster or barracks speed
Like the idea of War Commander though ( if it applies to nobleman ) it could be really useful late game

Varomnia

The rewards with the latest event were too expensive to gain with PP. Free players were able to get 1 war chest if I remember correctly, pp users were able to get 5 with $80?

Math is likely grossly off, but, this event was perfect when it originally first came out, everyone got a lot of great rewards, and way more so with spending money. Just feel the mechanics and cost to rewards were nerfed hard.

Minto107

wtf is this game mode all about? Its so pay2win, Im a returning player with nothing(thanks for deleting my account) so imagine what I can do in this mode.

EmperorFluff

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
3 days seem a bit short to actually get anything I"m not even going to be able to afford the most expensive thing, wish it could of run a bit longer so we can get a few things

FoE2022

Reaction score
Dear players,
welcome to our new event called "Beast of the Black Mountain". In this event you will be tasked to take control of a brave adventurer and guide him on his way to the peak of the Black Mountain and slay a beast. The event will start on the 13th of September and run for 14 days.

Did not realize we are still in 2017 .. I must be living on wrong planet:)
.. but I am 2 years younger.. that's fine with me;)

V

DeletedUser123853

Why is this event already over? It states that it runs for 14 days, that it ends on September 27th... yet its over after 3 days?

JawJaw

Awesomest CM Ever
Reaction score
Dear players,

Did not realize we are still in 2017 .. I must be living on wrong planet:)
.. but I am 2 years younger.. that's fine with me;)

V

Thanks, but this is a feedback topic. The topic in the initial post is a copy from the announcement of 2 years ago, not the new announcement which you can find here:

Beast of the Black Mountain

As long as they can remember the population of the nearby village of Caerbannog have plagued by the vicious beast which thrones atop the Black Mountain, in which shadow the village has been lying as long as history remembers.

For many centuries the beast had been plaguing the village, slaying cattle and pillaging the fields. But it also made sure that the village was kept alone.The fresh waters coming from the mountain peak kept the lands fertile and ensured that there always was enough foodstock for the villagers to make it through the winter. Then there also were the crystals which could be found in the mountain caverns. Gathered by those adventurous enough to dare the climb; of which many did not return. While not the most valuable commodity their rarity and the stories surrounding them made them valuable enough to bring moderate prosperity to the village.

But as the war came life became more desperate. Now the village no longer only had to support their own population but pay their share for the war efforts too. As the stockpile and supply of crystals ceased, the livestock became more thin and the fields were exploited the beast was seen more of a burden to the survival of the village. With time it became more aggressive and desperate, attacking warehouses and caravans trying to leave or enter the village. In these dark times the village elders decided, that the beast could no longer be tolerated.

With all that was remaining of their previous wealth the elders send out a call for the most daring adventurer.

One who would dare to climb the mountain and slay the beast.

The Event

Dear players,
welcome back to our event "Beast of the Black Mountain". In this event you will be tasked to take control of a brave adventurer and guide him on his way to the peak of the Black Mountain and slay a beast. The event will start on the 12th of September and run for 3 days.

Start: 12.09.2019, 2pm
End: 15.09.2019, 2pm

Please note that we made some changes to the event since it last ran. Most importantly the equipment you can find does now yield more crystals and no longer reduces the stamina of encounters. You will also gain additional crystals when finding pieces of equipment. We also implemented a ranking that will give you additional rewards each day.

A Hero's Journey

The hero starts of at the bottom of the mountain and can decide which path to take to the top. Every icon represents a challenge the hero has to overcome. Each challenge requires a certain amount of stamina to be able to progress. Once your hero has mastered a challenge he can continue his journey by taking up one of the adjacent icons. Each challenge will reward the hero with crystals that he finds on his way.
Crystals can be spend in the event shop for powerful rewards. The hero can also find new pieces of equipment which will allow him to find better rewards. If the hero reaches the top and slays the beast he will get crystals as a reward and the mountain will reset. The hero will be presented with a new mountain with new and harder encounters but keep the equipment he has found so far.

The wise adventurer has to decide if he wants to go straight for the top to get higher rewards faster or spend more time searching for better equipment before starting a new set of challenges.

botbm_challenge01_125px.png
botbm_challenge02_125px.png
botbm_challenge03_125px.png
botbm_challenge04_125px.png

Powerful Equipment

The equipment of less fortunate adventurers can be found throughout the mountain. On every mountain all pieces of equipment can be found but this will of course require solving more encounters than are required to reach the top. There are six pieces of equipment: Sword, Helmet, Armor, Gauntlet, Belt and Boots. Each of these can be found in four levels of rarity. Carrying equipment of higher rarity will yield more crystals for your hero, but finding all pieces of equipment will also take more time. The rarity of the equipment is displayed by the colors green, blue, red and purple to indicate the increasing rarity. Equipment pieces of higher rarity can only be found if the hero possesses the previous tier. The number below all the equipment will show the bonus the hero will get when finishing an encounter.

botbm_helmet_blue.png
botbm_chest_red.png
botbm_gauntlet_green.png
botbm_sword_purple.png
botbm_belt_red.png
botbm_boots_blue.png

Marvelous Crystals

The crystals that the hero finds during his adventure can be exchanged in the event shop in return for powerful items to fuel your war efforts. The items exchanged for crystals during the event will remain in your inventory when the event ends. Once the event ends, you will still have 24 hours to access the event shop and use your remaining crystals. After that time, the event screen will be inaccessible, the crystals removed and the event shop closed. Please note that when you transfer to a casual world your crystals and event progress will not be transferred to the casual world.

botbm_mountain_400x100.png

Now go forth and slay the beast!

We are looking forward to your feedback, which you can leave in this thread.

Your Tribal Wars Team​

We still gather feedback in a centralized topic so we can see the evolution of feedback. For this reason it is very important that you check for announcements in the announcements section and not the feedback section, and keep track of the post dates in these topics. As you can see, Jirki made this topic 2 years ago (Sept 10, 2017) .

Last edited:

Ragestyles

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
here is my feedback:

reduce the price of most items by literally 50%. This is one of the worst events in the game currently that give you any kind of award for playing it. Here is why:
If i want to buy a growing crops from purely pp then i have to pay 5500 crystals.

Spending 200PP gets me 24 stamina, which is basically 100 crystals for every 4 stamina. So spending 200 PP gets me 600 crystals. That is 1833 pp that i need to spend in order to get 5500 Crystals, or 1 Growing crops.
Now there are ways to get additional crystals. 100 for every item found. 2x reward for slaying the beast.( eg. 4 stamina get you 200 crystals instead of 100) and gear. max. 24% for a full legendary hero.

But in order to get a full legendary hero you already have to spend multiple thousands of pp and completely grind out the first few mountains to even get the 24% bonus for each encounter.

If you have the 24% bonus, which I had. Then we are looking at 600 crystals *1.24 for every 200pp = 744 crystals = 1478 pp for 1 growing crops
now, if you already looted all items to get a full legendary hero, u can no longer find any new items, so no new chances for another bonus 100 crystals anymore.

If I compare that now to that amazing event that you guys recently introduced into this game (Anvil of the Mercenary King) It took 3 rare materials to get one of the super valuable rewards. 1 rare material did cost me 80 pp. So in the best case in that event it took 240 pp to get a crowing crops each day (only once per day at this rate), at the worst case scenario it would took you 480pp each day to get a Growing crops (if you have a bad recipe for it)

so lets take the worst case scenario 480pp and compare it too the BEST case scenario of this event: 1478pp for 1 GC

you might aswell reduce the cost of these items in the shop by literally 66% to be even comparable at this point. if you dont spend any pp on the beast of the black mountain event you can buy yourself 1 30% res package (5000 crystals) and thats it, VERY underwhelming.
I could also compare Beast of the Black Mountain event to the Attack of the Horde event, both a 3 day event, similar reward structure. There i need to spend approximately 570pp to get myself a Growing crops from purely only spending pp from buying new attack plans. That is close to 1/3 of the price of what we have to pay here.

This Event is flawed in general as others already have stated ingame or on skype, WITHOUT spending premium you cant even get CLOSE to get the gold achievement from this event which is killing the beast 5 times. you have to fix that one too, REALLY bad

maybe make that event either last alot longer and reduce the price of items or B introduce new ways to get stamina so your hero isnt stuck at the second mountain after playing that event for 3 days until its over + rebalancing the item cost from the shop. I mean you should atleast be able to get all the achievements from any event by not having to spend any pp, or in this case, having to spend ridiculous amounts of pp (10k+ for the 5 mountain achievement)

And while I am ranting about that. You can also NOT get in any way possible the golden achievement of the Noblemen's fair event. "spin the wheel X amount of times" I think from that event if you dont spend any pp you can get maximum 8 free spins during that entire event (2 spins each day , event last for 4 days). To get even the silver achievement you already have to spin the wheel atleast 10 times , if i recall correctly. So I would like you guys to fix that too, give us alot more free spins during that event.

Fix the item shops in general. Many rewards in there are very unbalanced(pretty sure others can give examples of that too: examples. 30% respacks and flag boosters are too cheap, other items like growing crops, large warchest, Privilege, effective workers are way to expensive. They are basically a big noob trap if you ever buy those.) aswell as these item shops only offer a very vague amount of items. There are so many cool and different items in the game. Many of which we players almost never ever get to see. For example Royal Streamer. Or other way more basic items: On archer worlds its very rare to be able to get archer boosters, (archer and mounted archer). Are there any ram booster items in the game? I have never seen those.

Anyway, too much talk, but there is alot of fixing needed. And i think many other players agree with me on this.

Jonhil

Reaction score
Only three days for this event this time was WAY too short. Looking back at Ragestyles feedback from last year, we all realize that it is a challenging event at 15 days. Personally, I'm alright with "challenging," but this short is downright impossible to achieve anything without a lot of PP.

I am a moderately conservative PP spender. I use PA and LA quite a bit, but I also will spend some on events to accomplish a quest or achievement. When you make it this impossible to get anywhere, I don't bother at all.

Goldenmask

Reaction score
The event shop is not loading correctly. It loads too far to the left of the screen so that items cannot be seen. Same for me on all worlds. Same for some others I have spoken. Needs to be repositioned?

PowerofGod.

Reaction score
Glad it wasnt just me, You can find a way around this using the mobile app and accessing the game or on a mobile browser aswell possibly.