Discussion: Capture the Crests

DeletedUser656

Really?
So I wonder how the simulator happens to know the unspecified defenders troops bonus amounts when your doing a simulation?

As I said, the simulator uses your current bonuses. The defending troops have no bonus.

Asylum Escapee

Really?
So I wonder how the simulator happens to know the unspecified defenders troops bonus amounts when your doing a simulation?

While I wait for my tribe mate to duplicate his simulation of my simple test attack that I made after earning my attack bonus I'll invite anyone else to duplicate the same simple attack on their own simulator:

The attack consists of 3511 LCav with a 100% battle strength and a 7% Attack strength flag verses a defense of 1000 Axes, 200 Scouts, and 385 HCav behind a level 20 wall, with 100% battle strength, morale: 100%, and no flag.
Note: there is no possibility of a defensive troop strength bonus since the defensive player would have needed a collection of 5 or 6 flags to earn a buff that affects any of these defensive troops and I know they didn't have any flags within an hour of the end of the event as I had challenged them all;-)

So the question is what does your simulator tell you my LCav casualties should be for this attack and what is your LCav +??% attack power buff from this event at the time that you do your simulation of this attack?

i lost 38 LC with +100% bonus and no luck.

I think you'll find that it works like Morthy says, though, I've definitely noticed an increase in my clearing power.

SirCharles40

Reaction score
You can only lock crests on worlds with additional premium features active.

How does one use their premium points they paid for to lock certain crests when they haven't received their points yet?

DeletedUser112872

The biggest thing I don't like about the Crests is that it penalizes successful players. I'm the largest in my area, with several villages. The Crest starts my attacks from "the center of my power" - but apparently that is NOT the destination from attackers.

So EVERY player I try to send to can send back at me in a fraction of the time it takes my Champions to reach them.

I play diligently, hard....but I'm destroyed at this.

Not a fair Qwest

big092701

First rd I was getting used to how it worked. Finished with 1 crest. 2nd rd I thought I had it figured out.. kept champs home when inbound were coming. .send out to close ones when I had time in between. Spent some pp to lock a few crests, even instantly created my 5th champ to save some time. Finished 2nd rd with none. The is no way to play this and win without luck, and even thats broken.

I could collect 400 crests, and all it takes is someone closer, who can attk you faster than you can him, to drain you (speaking from first hand knowledge) ..and if the people close to you are not active, and don't collect crests for you to take, your screwed.

Only thing you can do is time out your champs to land in the last minute of the round and hope for the bast.

Very disappointed with this event, and the replys/decision from the game staff to keep it going. Fix it, then 're roll it out Imo. Give every one the same bonus for the next week, and some pp in good faith.

DeletedUser

Please can someone update this crest thing so we can filter out the reports we get from it? I'm sorry but I am only here to play TW, as it should be played and have no interest in this, any tombola or any other extra thing that in my personal opinion spoils the game for me. Yet I still get pestered by constant reports from others challenging me. If there could be an opt out option so we could choose whether or not to even take part in this in the first place that would be great.

DeletedUser

"Thanks for pointing out how much we screwed up. Enjoy 2 more weeks of this nonsense because we can't be bothered to fix it"

Yeah you're right there, not to mention that they don't really care because they're still getting extra money from getting people to spend out on extra pp. This game used to be so good but it is gradually getting worse and worse. I personally don't care about all this extra crap, I'm only here to play TW. I'm actually on the verge of quitting TW entirely because of all this stuff plus a couple other reasons which aren't relevant here.

gn0me

Meh
Only people who can benefit from this are the ones online just before the event finishes. It's a timezone bonus - or sleep deprival bonus if you don't live in the favoured zone and care to compete.
But all in all its an unashamed grab at your wallet and pp - pay to win is the future for TW creators, its what earns them their bread.
They said the game will always be free, but that only ever works on small accounts. Having said that, due to pp trading worlds other people now pay all my premium in exchange for farming for them in the first month of startup - o_O does that make me an accomplice? :icon_twisted:

DeletedUser

I am getting always dragons when they start a new round or when I receive a new champion. I dont want dragons.

chanevr

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
The extra 2 champions... is not true.... I only got 2 extra I was hoping round 3 would see me off with 3+2+2 = 7. Now that woulda been grand.

DeletedUser656

Dear players,

Thank you for your feedback so far! We've prepared some changes for the event based on what you've told us and our observations.

Challenge durations

Old system: The old challenge times were calculated based on the distance between your "center of power" (roughly speaking, the location where you had the most points) and other players' closest villages. This produced unequal challenge times between two players. Generally, a smaller player will have had a shorter challenge times to a large player than the other way around, giving the smaller player the advantage.
In some cases, this led to the smaller players being able to relatively easily and continuously win crests from larger players without the larger players being able to retaliate effectively.

New system: The new challenge times are based on the distance between the average of all a players' coordinates.
This will produce equal travel times, placing players of all sizes on equal footing when challenging each other.

Additionally, we've made it so that challenge times will no longer change within a round.

Please note that this change for challenge time means that your "Nearby players" list may change.

Reward stacking

Starting this round, limitations are now in place for how high crest-set rewards can reach.
Sets of 1, 2 and 3 crests can stack to a maximum of 10, and sets of 4, 5 and 6 crests max out at 5.

If you happen to be very successful and reach the maximum that a reward can stack, any further sets of crests that would have qualified for that set will be used for lower sets instead.

Example:
You have 11 Ravens, 11 Dragons and 11 Panthers
- Previously, this would be worth 11 sets of the 3-crest set reward called "Rally 'round the flag".
- Now, it will be worth 10 sets (the maximum) of "Rally 'round the flag", 1 set of the 2-crest set reward "Midnight Oil" and 1 set of the 1-crest set reward "Finders, keepers".

These limitations were added because we saw that the most successful players from previous rounds were acquiring higher crest-set bonuses than expected, which could potentially lead to issues with world balance.

--

Thanks again for your feedback! We'll continue reading what you're writing and monitoring the event's results.

See you on the tournament field!
Your Tribal Wars team

twenty-five

Seeing as I've been quite critical of this, can I just say thanks for actually making a change. I wasn't expecting one so you surprised me greatly.

DeletedUser

Seems the annoying things are fixed. I guess we can enjoy now!

Thanks ...

bubbaray97

I'd still like to be able to pick my prizes. I had recently restarted on a world and while I'm having no problem collecting lots of crests, I don't actually care to get "Epitome of Chivalry" or "Fire and Brimstone" (both of which are active for me at the moment) .... instead picking 5 more "Midnight Oil" would have been a LOT better...

Anyway I still like the event...but since you're taking feedback :)

DeletedUser

Seeing as I've been quite critical of this, can I just say thanks for actually making a change. I wasn't expecting one so you surprised me greatly.

Seconded, I was quite critical initially too, and have to say surprised that this has been fixed. Could have been avoided at the start but well done for fixing it.

zakipoo

af6f62a3243e716cf0c2390d11ca95d6.png

99ec8deb7f4a1a663d929d03e4fa3853.png

pretty much... i kinda like it. been farming crests

Last edited:

chanevr

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
I still like it more than the game itself.... its a super great fun thing. Please next round can i have 3+2+2 = 7 champions to start. Thanks.

DeletedUser

after the first round it was the best. I had a +520% haul capacity bonus. It was truly amazing :)

zakipoo

Honestly, that was a good way for me to burn up all the available PP i had put on my account.
Been looking for few ways to quit the stupid game for once. it was fun before, not anymore.