Discussion: Castle Assault returns!

DeletedUser656

Castle Assault Returns!

Dear players,

The castle is back!

Even though you raided multiple castles the last time, these pesky neighbours decided to rebuild it once more! It's time to send mercenaries again to show them that their defending skills still need improvement, and to gather precious medals for new prizes! This time around, your tribe might even get a bonus out of the fray.

CAlogo.png
Event start: 24.11.15

Event end: 08.12.15

This event will be active on all standard and casual worlds.

Joining the Assault

The castle and the besieging army will appear on the event screen once the event starts.
You can access the event screen via the village overview or the burning castle icon on the top right corner

CAicon.PNG

You will then be able to see the map of the event, with different sections available to reinforce for your mercenaries

CAmapnew.PNG

Reinforcing

The assault contains 3 categories:

-Assault: when the progress bar is full, 1 to 5 damage (plus bombardment bonus) will be dealt to the castle.
-Naval Supply: when the progress bar is full, it adds 50% of completion to the Assault and Bombardment bar.
-Bombardment: when the progress bar is full, it deals 1 point of damage to the castle and raise the damage dealt by Assault by 3 points

The way to have these progress bars fill is to reinforce it by sending mercenaries to it

CAmercenary.PNG

Mercenaries will be used then and you will receive new ones every 30 minutes, to a maximum of 16.
Your mercenaries have improved from last time, and don't require a cooldown anymore, meaning you can use them directly without waiting on the different areas.
Reinforcing each area adds 4 points to the this area's progress bar.
The different sections also now require a different amount of mercenaries to activate, with Naval Supply having the shortest progress bar and Assault the highest.

Destroying the Castle

Once the castle reaches 0 HP, it is destroyed. The medals contained inside the castle are distributed equally among all participating players and a new castle replaces it, with more medals inside.

You will also get medals depending on your ranking in the 3 different categories. The more you contribute to one category, the more chances you have to get more medals!

When a castle is below 10 HP, you have a possibility to raid it. It will deal 1 damage to it and grant extra medals (premium worlds only)

Helping your Tribe

If you are part of a tribe, each medal that you earn will be counted toward the general Tribe Progress. Once the amount of medals gathered by your tribe reach a defined amount, a bonus for the whole tribe activates for 48 hours!
You can also contribute once a day directly to the gauge. This medals are only added to the gauge and not to your medal total (premium worlds only)
CAtribe.PNG

Using your Medals

Your hard earned medals can be used in our event shop, where they can be exchanged for interesting items.

CAshop.PNG

Like last time, the items exchanged for medals during the event will remain in your inventory when the event ends. So you can keep some for future use
We removed some items, and inserted some brand new ones compared to last time!

The following items are available:

-Growing Crops: Permanently increase the maximum population of the current village by 10%
-Flag Booster: Double the effectiveness of the current flag for 48 hours. Changing the flag ends the boost. It can not be used on the Population capacity flag. (not available on non flag worlds)
-Resource Package: Adds 10% of your Warehouse capacity in resources to all of your villages.
-War Footing: this will improve your recruitment times by 25%. However, wood, iron and clay production will be reduced by 10%. Lasts 48 hours
-Noble Booster: this will increase the loyalty loss of successful noble attacks by 5 for 48 hours.
-Sigil of Distress: this will make support sent to a specific village travel 30% faster for 48 hours.
-War Chest: this will grant you a number of coins/packages equal to the number of villages you own.
-Attack Booster (2 levels): Give an attack power boost to Axemen and Light Cavalry for 24 hours.
-Defense Booster (2 levels): Give a defense power boost to Swordsmen and Spearmen for 24 hours.
-Raid Booster : this will grants a 25% bonus to your haul capacity for 48 hours (not available on non haul worlds)

Notes about the event:
Activity and achievement quests are available for the event
In the area's ranking, you can see the name of the players 1 rank above and below you
Players are generally divided in groups of 50 (it is possible to be less)
Transferring to casual won't transfer any medals or items related to the event

Once the event ends, you will still have 48 hours to access the event shop and use your medal, via the event screen. After that delay, the event screen will be removed, the medals taken and the access to the event shop won't be accessible. You will keep all the items in your inventory!

You can see more of the event in this Youtube video

Return to the castle and assault it for medals!

DeletedUser118341

I've got a question with regards to the pop bonus effect.

Can you apply this to bonus villages, and can you stack it? Or is it one time thing per 'normal' village?

Also, with regards to the haul bonus award. I assume, like haul flags. This will change your 'C' farming when using Farming Assist?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I've got a question with regards to the pop bonus effect.

Can you apply this to bonus villages, and can you stack it? Or is it one time thing per 'normal' village?

You can apply it to a bonus village, you cannot stack it.

Also, with regards to the haul bonus award. I assume, like haul flags. This will change your 'C' farming when using Farming Assist?

Yes.

DeletedUser6215

Rubbish. Inno should stop pushing gameplay-affecting events into everybody's face.

I would be pretty pissed if I was a paying customer on one of the pay2win servers.

DeletedUser112079

So can give a population bonus 20% (or some other number depending what way you work out the added effects) extra pop rather than the 10% it usually gets?

DeletedUser

So can give a population bonus 20% (or some other number depending what way you work out the added effects) extra pop rather than the 10% it usually gets?

Yeah, is it 20% total or 10% more of the 10% thats already on it. Pretty much a difference of 240 pop between the two.

DeletedUser

Yeah, is it 20% total or 10% more of the 10% thats already on it. Pretty much a difference of 240 pop between the two.

Still would like the answer to this.

Also, when a castle is at, lets say 1 HP, and the assault bar becomes filled, what happens to the points in Naval Supply and Bombardment? Do they carry over, are the ended and medals are given out, or do the points just go to waste, and vanish?

Another question: When you use the 10% bonus on a village, when it's nobled does the effect remain? or only when you own it? If so, what happens if you recap the village, does the effect remain or stay? And is the an indicator (like bonus village) to show others that it's a 10% bonus village. Or does it remain a little secret?

pokemonEX.co.UK

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
after looking carefully at the tribe section of it.

so as a tribe of say 30 members they need the same amount of medals as someone with 1 member.

seems a bit unfair. cause i am never gonna earn 500k flags by the 8th of December, its impossible for me to do it.

W74

[spoil]

6a4f9bcda631130d9062fe863ebca2a8.png

[/spoil]

but as a larger tribe on cas 1 we can collect less medals for the same award.

[spoil]

b3727782ff92e65df78c0dd561a2bd28.png

[/spoil]

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Not a huge fan of it.
It feels like I'm just farming.
There is no game-play in it, nor any joy.

But since the bonuses can be quite significant you "have to do it".

DeletedUser44347

what happens if i use the 10% permanent population increase item and then my village gets nobled? will the item effect stay even if another player controls the village?

Time-

what happens if i use the 10% permanent population increase item and then my village gets nobled? will the item effect stay even if another player controls the village?
I've been told yes.

DeletedUser118341

Yes, I got a unexpected bonus village the other day because of this :)

DeletedUser

I'v redeemed medals for 3-4 things at the event shop so far,last one was War chest but i don't know where are those gold coins.. Any help would be appreciated :icon_wink:..

DeletedUser

I'v redeemed medals for 3-4 things at the event shop so far,last one was War chest but i don't know where are those gold coins.. Any help would be appreciated :icon_wink:..

Activating War Chest adds coins to your Academy

DeletedUser

I still have mine from this event. Question for clarification: If I used a "Growing Crops" on a bonus population village, what would happen? Are they treated as separate effects? Or would it count as trying to stack and then fail?