Discussion: Change of rules

chanevr

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Regrettable omission from the rules page

You are allowed to trick other players into trusting you and then break agreements at will.

Again TW is assuming that everyone starts the game with the knowledge that lying is an acceptable skill set.

I still do not understand why you cannot trick them into restarting, but you are allowed to break treaties and trick them into trusting you.

I still do not see this concession in the rules and it should be there so that honest guys like me can also trick others and lie to them without feeling guilty.

This is referred to as the hidden skill in the game that the co players tend to boast about.

DeletedUser105718

I still do not understand why you cannot trick them into restarting, but you are allowed to break treaties and trick them into trusting you.
Tricking someone to restart and breaking a NAP is completely different. This is a war game, besides, diplomacy has always been trust-based. Honesty is an overrated virtue when it comes to politics and propaganda.

chanevr

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Tricking someone to restart and breaking a NAP is completely different. This is a war game, besides, diplomacy has always been trust-based. Honesty is an overrated virtue when it comes to politics and propaganda.

Yeah its real different...I still trying to understand why lying is allowed in the first place.... but. Honesty is a weakness when it comes to tribal wars.

DeletedUser

You are allowed to trick other players into trusting you and then break agreements at will.

Again TW is assuming that everyone starts the game with the knowledge that lying is an acceptable skill set.

I still do not see this concession in the rules and it should be there so that honest guys like me can also trick others and lie to them without feeling guilty.

This is referred to as the hidden skill in the game that the co players tend to boast about.

The difference is diplomacy is a non binding agreement within the game but restarting is an actual function of the game.

DeletedUser105718

Yeah its real different...I still trying to understand why lying is allowed in the first place.... but. Honesty is a weakness when it comes to tribal wars.
Why wouldn't lying be allowed? How are you going to differentiate when people are lying about agreements and when they are making agreements easy to cancel? *hint* like most of the law that's made up in the real world *hint*

fidel I

Why wouldn't lying be allowed? How are you going to differentiate when people are lying about agreements and when they are making agreements easy to cancel? *hint* like most of the law that's made up in the real world *hint*
Agreed. In war times, there is always someone lying about something, and that usually creates a war... Otherwise no TW :(

chanevr

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
The difference is diplomacy is a non binding agreement within the game but restarting is an actual function of the game.

There the is truth. and I absolutely agree... but what i mean is that it should be a formal clause in the rules page.

"In game agreements and diplomacy arrangements will never be enforced by TW at any stage as deception is always an acceptable strategy "

So if you then restart based on promises then you do so at your own risk. Why make it illegal...if the fool falls for it... it is he that should have the mud on his face and not the player tricking him.

DeletedUser94483

A different way to look at it...most people who FALL for that deception are usually to new to the game to know that the community is full of players that MIGHT utilize such trickery to gain an advantage...Where as the OTHER non binding agreements usually do not make a difference until the player has had some time to adapt to the game and does not have such an IMMEDIATE impact.

fidel I

A different way to look at it...most people who FALL for that deception are usually to new to the game to know that the community is full of players that MIGHT utilize such trickery to gain an advantage...Where as the OTHER non binding agreements usually do not make a difference until the player has had some time to adapt to the game and does not have such an IMMEDIATE impact.

Some old players have been known to be fooled by simple tricks such as the restarting trick. It'd shouldn't be illegal. It's what happens in war. It isn't fair for people to be tricked into restarting but war isn't fair.

DeletedUser94483

You missed my point Fidel..yes some older players but it is MOSTLY players who have NO clue how to play the game let alone the fact they could be cheated out of their account.

fidel I

I heard what you said... They don't actually get cheated out of their account... And anyway if new players are in a tribe with at least a few good players the new players should be warned about this simple trick, and if they fall for it anyway it's their fault and that's that.