Discussion: Changes to Account Sitting Rules

DeletedUser

Dear players,

We would like to inform you of some important changes to our current rules regarding Account Sitting.

In the time since the last change of the rules we've made several in-game improvements to help protect your account, such as the restrictions on what an account sitter can or cannot do.

ASPermissions.png

It is a player's responsibility to only set someone they trust as their account sitter. If you have any doubt, the account sitting restrictions should be activated. However, please be aware that even with all the restrictions set your account cannot be completely protected from abuse.

There are some notable differences with the new rules:

• Passing along information regarding an account you are sitting is no longer a breach of rules, because we are unable to enforce this fairly.
  • If an account sitter causes damage to your account we will not be able to revert this. This includes if you lose villages.
  • If an account has been sat for longer than 60 days, we will now end the account sitting.
  • Account Sitters will still be punished for breaking the rules.

The new rules are effective immediately. Any previous cases or breaches of rules will not be reviewed again.

Please read the new Account Sitting rules here and feel free to ask any questions.

Best Regards,

Tribal Wars Team.

ALessonInPointWhoring

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
"Passing along information regarding an account you are sitting is no longer a breach of rules, because we are unable to enforce this fairly."

Glad to see this part removed. Not that I had anything against the spirit of the rule, but I agree that objective rules are superior to subjective rules where it's difficult to enforce fairly.

mike62

I am assuming the 60 day rule means continuous sitting as 60 days on a shared account will be ran in no time.