Discussion: Clarifying our intentions

DeletedUser53562

I think this is great. Everyone hates change initially, it's human nature. Absolutely agree with the need to make things more friendly for newer players as well. I have no problem with any of the changes, it's just a matter of adapting and we've been doing that for the past 8 years and tbh, I can't say I miss much.

I do think world settings can be used more strategically to keep current/better players happy as well as cater for the newer/noobier crowd. Your point with tediousness is a good one too and I think the introduction of no-hauls worlds addressed that in a setting-specific manner. Some people hate or don't have the time to farm and were catered for on these worlds which is great, yet people who like to farm are still kept happy in other worlds! Similar things can be done with future worlds to keep both new and existing players happy.

I remember when two worlds were opened at the same time. I imagine this is a lot more work for people on the back end, but it gave the players choices. W25 and 26 were great examples. W26 was classic settings and attracted some brilliant oldschool players whereas W25 was pally and archers and simple tech and attracted speed players and newer players. Both worlds had their benefits and both proved very successful. Coming out at the same time meant they catered to everyone and as any good Mama will tell you, giving the children a choice results in a lot less whining! ;) I think there's plenty of ways to keep both parties happy, it's just a matter of thinking outside the box a bit.

Just a few thoughts anyhoo. Overall I think the updates are great and people are going to whine no matter what, but they will adapt and then there will be something new to whine about! :p Keep up the good work! :)

euclassy

Inno needs to be careful they don't make the mistakes a lot of other online games make with too many changes to the game. If you need an example of this, just look at runescape. It's not even the same game and they lost almost their entire gaming community with one update.

Change is good yes, for example being mainly a solo player, it would be great if something was added that I wouldn't be forced to spend sleepless nights tagging thousands of fakes or quitting, that would be freakin awesome! Just worried that all these changes will go down like a lot of other games and destroy the community.

darkaniken2

Keyboard shortcuts, LA improvements, and dynamic groups are some of the best updates we've had in years, and the only problem I had is it took so long for us to get them. Each of the changes that lessens the amount of time we actually have to spend in front of the computer on this game, and returns it to being a game of strategy and tactics rather than just logging in and being willing to send and tag tens of thousands of attacks, I feel the game grows closer to what it was meant to be.

I look forward to more changes to make this game less of a timesink, and more of what most of us originally signed up for.

DeletedUser

Its more time consuming now than it was last year. I play fake limits. Now, you have to be online to accurately tag in game. You have to spend massive amounts more time to do day to day tasks such as balancing. It is making the game more user friendly, for newcomers. It is also pissing on the long term loyal players. In game stockpile, is still way off of being up to par with the manual balancing tool.

darkaniken2

Its more time consuming now than it was last year. I play fake limits. Now, you have to be online to accurately tag in game. You have to spend massive amounts more time to do day to day tasks such as balancing. It is making the game more user friendly, for newcomers. It is also pissing on the long term loyal players. In game stockpile, is still way off of being up to par with the manual balancing tool.

Anyone with a smartphone can tag from anywhere they are, instantly. Balancing is done automatically by the stockpile distributor, though I will admit it's not yet as optimal as it could be.

Your post reads as someone who is mad that they can no longer lord their tools over newer players, tools I doubt you created yourself. The game is more balanced, and quite frankly, takes far less time than it did even a few months ago.

DeletedUser

Anyone with a phone 'who doesn't sleep' can tag instantly.Balancing is done badly with the stockpile distributor, sure you agree.

My post is my opinion, if you have a problem with that you can kindly go and..

You do make me laugh :)

DeletedUser55560

I have a lot to say about this, and maybe I will later, criticsm and such as well, or really, care, I want TW to live and not die out like so many other games killed themselves. but mostly I just want to thank TWstaff for this announcement which was great and the thought behind+promise to do it more, I love it :) and the staff in this discussion topic as well have been very open and honest, Thanks ^^ And many people saying great things btw :D

A few things, I totally agree some of the recent changes have helped, dynamic groups, quite a few more things that would make them more awesome but they help a lot already.
I really dislike that Farm Assistant name was changed, farming has been farming for as long as anyone can remember, the word farming is an inherent part of TW to me. to step away from that I think is terrible. Old players can adjust, but so can new players, we always have.
As was said above, any change that allows us to spend less time is friking awesome :D
Integrating vital scripts/tools functionalities into the game is great, but until it is as good as scripts, they should be supported still imo.
I don't know about the opera functionality, but since it slow and stuff I don't use it for player, just for T-trains, as long as thats doable its fine by me, and indeed, its opera's fault, not inno's, but T-train is vital part of TW unless you just wanna change the entire way the game work and get rid of milliseconds, coz having milliseconds but no t-train means people's finger clicking skills and internet connections are gonna determine their succes.