[Discussion] Experience Vs Adaptabilty + W30's Settings

DeletedUser22924

well what i think is, Experience and adaptability work together, like 2 sides of the same coin.

without experience you can not adapt, without adaptability u can't use ur experience to ur advantage.

@pajuno, maybe many w6 players are coming over here =D

Child in time

I only read the first big lettered line and i want to so:

The only real way to gain experience in fighting is by adapting to every move made by the other tribes, or am i wrong here? So in other words, are your 2 points not unbelievably contradicting?

DeletedUser

Well, I am experienced... And adaptable. With a certain level of success, without anyone accussing me of being "ELITE". I tend to become disenchanted with a world when all my original friends are all gone.

Anyone who has been here since back when we had to move noble packs to the villages where we wanted to build nobles has been through so many changes that adaptablity is a prerequisite to playing long term, unless you just stay on in the same world forever.

The changes that came when we moved to w6 were HUGE! A way bigger change than we see here in w30.

Successful adaptation is experience. Multi-world experience is adaptation.

Child in time

Tbh Zalt, i never really adapted to any world. I think i got stuck on the old german/begin .net style of playing. You can see this in my builds, but still i think i can also can make pretty good use of archers, mounted archers, the no-tech levels system and pallies.

DeletedUser

nice thread... *claps to OP* :)

But if I get it right (hope I did) you say excperiance means very little on this world... beg the difrence... adaptability is just one of the factors and goes on every world... mixed with excperiance you will do great things no matter the settings...

Still if you played this game and get over 500k (random) and got into real fights and excperianced all and so on you will be good on every world... like me :)

DeletedUser

Tbh Zalt, i never really adapted to any world. I think i got stuck on the old german/begin .net style of playing. You can see this in my builds, but still i think i can also can make pretty good use of archers, mounted archers, the no-tech levels system and pallies.

Imo, that is the problem with the majority of experienced players. People may think they adapt well, but old idea's get lodged in their heads. Thats why I never play worlds without minting coins etc, just can't get used to it. Don't think I've met a player who have truely been able to master more then one different type of settings, but I've met quite a few who have mastered a specific set.

DeletedUser51749

You need the will to win, have no life, some experience, loads of premium points,good infrastructure, communication, loads of luck, good start and some adaptability...then you PWN!

DeletedUser

Experience surely helps alot with adaptability to your enviornment because it also gives you a better undrestanding the game

Ripfin

Imo, that is the problem with the majority of experienced players. People may think they adapt well, but old idea's get lodged in their heads. Thats why I never play worlds without minting coins etc, just can't get used to it. Don't think I've met a player who have truely been able to master more then one different type of settings, but I've met quite a few who have mastered a specific set.

I've done rather well at both types of settings.
whether packets or coins all the same to me except coins cost more.

DeletedUser22924

i tried the package system once in w2, but i never got used to it, so i stuck with minting coins in w6 =D

DeletedUser

Experience is definitely important. You have to know what this game is and how it works to do well. General games mechanics, and previous knowledge gained from your past mistakes is paramount. Everyone started at the bottom, and they all had to learn the hard way. No amount of guide reading can make you a good player.

That said, Adaptability is also important. Being able to analyze a situation and tactically decide the best course of action can be the most useful tool to a player.

Where experience gives you skills such as timing, splitting noble trains, defending, attacking, village builds, troop builds, etc. Adaptability gives you diplomacy, creativity, leadership, charisma, and so much more.

You may be the best attacker out there, but if I can convince you to leave me alone for a week and I get all the tribes around you to attack you, who is better then?

I don't necessarily think one is Much more important than the other, but they definitely compliment and supplement each other.

In the end, being a good diplomat is useless if everyone just wants to attack. And being a great attacker and experienced player won't get you far if you can't convince everyone to back off for a while.

So in conclusion, I think that the best player is a player that can strike a fine balance between the two.

DeletedUser

I consider adaptability to be the highest level of skill in tw. Any noob can learn to farm, send noble trains, snipe, and be active. Generally thats all enough to be high in the rankings and get to 1m+ points in an uncompetitive area. But with adaptability then you're going to be able to adjust to any situation and get alot higher in the rankings/stay alive longer than without.

There's a reason why there's several players that do well in pretty much every world they play provided they're active. People like Thar, Russki etc are always in the top 20 on every world they play because they can adapt to their situation.

I personally just tend to "wing it" on every world and just do what seems right and I guess I've adapated well as I always seem to do alright.

Also learning from your experiences is wat defines "experienced". There's still world one payers who are terrible at the game because they may of played alot, but they have no experience.

DeletedUser

it really depends on if the player is experienced abou new worlds

i come from world 1 and i joined w20 when it came out an i didnt have a clue how people grew so much in such a short amount of time

but i wanted to learn the skill and i alsmost have :p i think n e way...

but an experienced player unless used to new worlds will fail first time round

DeletedUser

Carol's morning star:
Increases the damage caused by rams by 100%. Additionally, the wall will be more damaged during the first phase

im assuming the first phase means the wall will fall prior to the attack??if so that would be great and you would have alot less losses id imagine

ive always like he morning star in other worlds. only takes about 125 at times to knock a wall from 20 to zero using it.

i did some diging and it took me awhile to find an old report

Attacker: thewall4588
Village: 002 OH NO SMURFZ ARE COMING!!!! (117|555) K51

Quantity: 0 0 5500 0 10 2000 0 0 150 20 1 1
Losses: 0 0 915 0 10 366 0 0 25 3 0 0

Defender: bigbunny
Village: 006 OH NO SMURFZ ARE COMING!!!! (132|554) K51

Quantity: 1233 600 1101 361 142 955 50 70 20 0 0 0
Losses: 1233 600 1101 361 142 955 50 70 20 0 0 0

Haul: 6.074 351 1.316 7741/176670
Damage by rams: The wall has been damaged and downgraded from level 20 to level 0
Damage by catapult bombardment: The Rally point has been damaged and downgraded from level1 to level0
Change of Loyalty Loyalty loss from 100 to 78

(ftw yea thats a small nuke but at the time it wassent it was a larger one :icon_twisted:)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

putting a common nuke against a common defense i use with the morning star

Attacker Units: 0 0 7000 0 0 2150 1000 0 150 0 1 0 983.770 555.020 997.540 21.360
Losses: 0 0 7000 0 0 2150 1000 0 150 0 1 0 983.770 555.020 997.540 21.360

Defender Units: 6500 6500 0 6500 500 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1.195.000 610.000 920.000 20.500
Losses: 4866 4866 0 4866 374 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 894.580 456.640 688.720 15.346
Damage by rams: The wall has been damaged and downgraded from level 20 to level 10

now putting the same force against one another this time witha level 0 wall from start

Simulator
Neighboring villages

Attacker Units: 0 0 7000 0 0 2150 1000 0 150 0 1 0 983.770 555.020 997.540 21.360
Losses: 0 0 7000 0 0 2055 574 0 150 0 1 0 865.395 502.920 909.890 18.850

Defender Units: 6500 6500 0 6500 500 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1.195.000 610.000 920.000 20.500
Losses: 6500 6500 0 6500 500 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1.195.000 610.000 920.000 20.500

ok the morning star did make a difference but still didnt get the job done.

so my question remains what is the differnce the morning star actually makes in this world??

DeletedUser

You need to know how rams work first. There's 5 stages of an attack:

Stage 1: scouts.
Stage 2: rams lower the defending troops defensive multiplier (from the wall) for the battle.
Stage 3: Archers attack the village with a "pre-battle" attack that does a little damage.
Stage 4: The main battle takes place where everything takes part including the rams/cats with their pitiful attack, this is where the wall is lowered I beleive. This is divided into different rounds of attacks but I won't go into further detail.
Stage 5: the remaining Rams do further damage to the wall.

Thats more or less what I remember,haven't actually looked at this since W5 so it may be a little off. I'm sure there's some info on it somewhere on the forums.

DeletedUser

aah i wasnt aware of that lol thanks for that :icon_rolleyes:

DeletedUser

You need to know how rams work first. There's 5 stages of an attack:

Stage 1: scouts.
Stage 2: rams lower the defending troops defensive multiplier (from the wall) for the battle.
Stage 3: Archers attack the village with a "pre-battle" attack that does a little damage.
Stage 4: The main battle takes place where everything takes part including the rams/cats with their pitiful attack, this is where the wall is lowered I beleive. This is divided into different rounds of attacks but I won't go into further detail.
Stage 5: the remaining Rams do further damage to the wall.

Thats more or less what I remember,haven't actually looked at this since W5 so it may be a little off. I'm sure there's some info on it somewhere on the forums.

Scouts are last.

DeletedUser476

This is a five star post, and I have too many opinions to vent on the topic now. I'll make a good go at it later when I have two hours to write you an essay.

Very good, well done optimus. You're what this game needs.

DeletedUser

Neither XP nor adaptibility are excluisve to each other. You can have both. The debate should be between the old school formula player and the new people.

If you stick to the same plan on every world it will only work sometimes. This is not the first time they have changed the setting of the world. The smart player that understand the mechanics of the game will easily come up with a usable strategy.

Some early world player might have problems but I doubt it. They have probably acquired the research and planning skills necessary. While people just joining are unfamilar with the most basic of tactics.