Discussion: Game update - version 7.0b

DeletedUser98879

Take this into consideration:

you "buy" 20 lvls of wall for 10PP each, meaning you just used 200 PP for getting your wall to lvl 20. (200 PP being a MONTH of PA btw).

Boom, you're nuked, bye bye wall, bye bye 200PP.

rince and repeat for ANY building.

Want to hurt someone who has PA? Hit ALL his buildings. If he's stupid enough to use PP on buildings, he will soon either give up halving his building times, or he will just pay more and more and more. All gains to Innogames of course.

That's why for W56 the tuturiol won't give you 5 free spears.. it will give you 200 free cats... and the players using the half build times will be highlighted on your map so you know where to use them...

It gives such a small advantage and unless you've got unlimited cash you ain't going to use it for very long...

You've got 20 villages, you get op'd by another tribe and lose your walls in every village... 20*20*10 PP = feck loads more cash than the average person is going to spend...

It's a joke.. and even if it isn't it won't give many people much of an advantage and when someone gets rimmed.. They've got the perfect excuse... as the only way someone can rim someone else is if they used the half building times...

DeletedUser

Mancunia;5859169 It's a joke.. and even if it isn't it won't give many people much of an advantage and when someone gets rimmed.. They've got the perfect excuse... as the only way someone can rim someone else is if they used the half building times...[/QUOTE said:
did you bother reading further? Grepolis (also by Innogames, and much like tribalwars) has the feature up and running already since the beginning of the game. I don't see any reason why this is a joke yet.

My point wasn't that people would use it for long, I myself used it a short time in grepolis before turning away from it. The main problem I have with it is that other people can litterally attack someone financially by destroying/capturing something a player has invested REAL MONEY into. with the current Premium, even if you lose villages/buildings, you technicly don't lose anything you paid for.

and obviously, everyone paying premium would use it for getting their first village up faster, first village being the most vulnerable for getting nobled by others.

I truly hope it's a joke, I'm affraid it won't be.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser98879

did you bother reading further? Grepolis (also by Innogames, and much like tribalwars) has the feature up and running already since the beginning of the game. I don't see any reason why this is a joke yet.

My point wasn't that people would use it for long, I myself used it a short time in grepolis before turning away from it. The main problem I have with it is that other people can litterally attack someone financially by destroying/capturing something a player has invested REAL MONEY into. with the current Premium, even if you lose villages/buildings, you technicly don't lose anything you paid for.

and obviously, everyone paying premium would use it for getting their first village up faster, first village being the most vulnerable for getting nobled by others.

I truly hope it's a joke, I'm affraid it won't be.

I did read further but to be honest only replied to the relevent points...

But hey ho...

If you choose to spend your hard earnt cash on halving your buildings time, thats your choice, you do it knowing that if you get attacked by cats your building will be destroyed and your money therefore "wasted"... though I can argue if you wish that the money isn't actually wasted as if it makes the difference between defending with a lvl 20 wall or a lvl 10 wall and therefore gives you a better chance of defending, a better chance of reducing troops loss, and a better chance of not being rimmed...

And obviously everyone paying premium won't use it.. the same as everyone playing Grepolis doesn't use it... and it has existed in Grepolis since the game started and people still play the game without paying extra to half building times and still manage to do well in the game.. why would you think that it would be any different on TW?...

It's like saying that on normal worlds as co-played accounts have an advantage at start up as they can farm 24/7 no one will play an account solo...

It's a joke, but I like a rant in the morning as much as the next guy...

DeletedUser80534

Take this into consideration:

you "buy" 20 lvls of wall for 10PP each, meaning you just used 200 PP for getting your wall to lvl 20. (200 PP being a MONTH of PA btw).

Boom, you're nuked, bye bye wall, bye bye 200PP.

rince and repeat for ANY building.

Want to hurt someone who has PA? Hit ALL his buildings. If he's stupid enough to use PP on buildings, he will soon either give up halving his building times, or he will just pay more and more and more. All gains to Innogames of course.

I do not believe this is an april's fool, since Innogames other game called Grepolis has this feature.

I'd sure use it a lot during those last 4 smithy builds at start up. It would be a dream, since those last four smithy builds usually push my troop build q's into oblivion build time, haha. Well, depending how much I feel like farming ;p.

And at that point, probably no-one on the continent will be able to contest me as I take village after village, well, unless they also purchase their last few smithies and academy. The chances that someone would be able to cat me, is likely, however I tend to eliminate threats before they acquire cats.

I don't think I'd use it later in the game though, unless there is an emergency situation in which I'd be able to stop someone from nobling one of my villages by upgrading a building (lol, which is just ridiculous).

DeletedUser98879

I'd sure use it a lot during those last 4 smithy builds at start up. It would be a dream, since those last four smithy builds usually push my troop build q's into oblivion build time, haha. Well, depending how much I feel like farming ;p.

And at that point, probably no-one on the continent will be able to contest me as I take village after village, well, unless they also purchase their last few smithies and academy. The chances that someone would be able to cat me, is likely, however I tend to eliminate threats before they acquire cats.

I don't think I'd use it later in the game though, unless there is an emergency situation in which I'd be able to stop someone from nobling one of my villages by upgrading a building (lol, which is just ridiculous).

But your missing the point.. this is a no haul world so it's not like you've got your warehouse overflowing due to the build times...

So yeah, you could finish your smithy faster than the next guy.. but you've still got to wait the same time as the next guy (presuming your pits are the same level) for the resources to do anything with a maxed smithy...

And it's a joke...

DeletedUser80534

But your missing the point.. this is a no haul world so it's not like you've got your warehouse overflowing due to the build times...

So yeah, you could finish your smithy faster than the next guy.. but you've still got to wait the same time as the next guy (presuming your pits are the same level) for the resources to do anything with a maxed smithy...

And it's a joke...

Oh lool. I understood it as being implemented on all worlds. Anyhoo, don't spoil my fun. I am just considering the possibilities. There is no way I would use that function on a no-haul world (unless I get free PP).

DeletedUser

Wohoo!

Dear players,

If you logged in within the last 12 hours or so you will have received an announcement stating that farming was no longer enabled on any world and that World 56 would allow you to purchase build time reductions for premium points.

As many of you figured out, both of these were of course April fools' jokes. Your troops were able to farm resources as normal. World 56, which will be starting just a few minutes after this mail is sent, will not include any new form of premium system.

Hope this clears up any lingering worries / thoughts!

The Tribal Wars team

DeletedUser98879

Little rich boy worried he isn't going to win now :icon_rolleyes:

I'll still win.. just haven't decided what yet...

And if you have any ideas what I can do with these 1,000,000 PP's I'd be gratefull...

DeletedUser

When it began it was April 1st for some. Stop thinking yours is the only timezone in the world ;)

Slayde Demise

Hey morthy, think you could make that screen flip a perminant option in the settings? ;)

DeletedUser

The halven building time is REALLY available on slovenian tw (vojnaplemen.si) and we mainly use it to build a wall fast, in a village you just conquered, and coordinated a stack on it in the middle of an enemy territory.

And BTW you can halven times as much as you wish, meaning you can spend 200 PP on one building, for instance i made a level 30 farm in 20 seconds. but its not worth it.
Its only worth when you are starting the game with only 1 village, later you cant pay that much money for halvening.

And yeah, nice apiril fools joke, better than last year :icon_biggrin::icon_rolleyes: