Discussion: Improvements to the Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser40473

just make noble group for that 1

would like to see feature where unable to attack eat/internal tribeys,this would make later game more fun when players drop away as would have to kick a player before starting to eat and will able outsiders to have a nibble

Jhncanson

I played during w6 and w22.

I havent done any research on this but its just a feeling of mine that any recent worlds or new worlds to come has become much smaller.

Therefore it isnt so friendly to new players or solo players because it is almost guaranteed that you will spawn in the territory of a premade tribe with co-played accounts therefore its pointless for new players or solo players to invest their time into the game when in the end they'll just be devoured.

No new players or solo players can win this game without any connection to pre-existing tribes but my point basically is back then worlds weren't dominated by veterans or co played accounts.

It would balance it out if the worlds were bigger and if there was a fair distribution of players and please don't cram them in such a small space, itd even more emphasize the game is for vets or co played accounts only if halfway through the world most new players are already nobled out.

DeletedUser50733

1. Bring out a world every so often like they used to be - no Pay To Win - PP only used for premium account, acc manager and loot assistant. Some people like that way of playing a lot more.

2. Worlds are a lot smaller nowadays - find some way to fix this. Makes it a lot more fun and competitive.

DeletedUser118322

Stop realising offers you can buy resources with.

Or, cap the amount of purchases you can make on said offers to keep a world relatively balanced.

Agreed...
At the least a cap on how many offers you can purchase.

sashko98

Instead of changing the whole game why don't you open servers with old settings not much 2-3 with different settings and see what players really want. That way you will save yourself the whole reading process and you can just look at the numbers.

DeletedUser76645

How about a world with 1 account to 1 person (no co-playing) , and no premium points , call it a level playing field for the old school players (us lazy old gets, and don't say casual lmfao)

Scrap account sitting entirely, call it instead holiday mode. The player handing to a sitter must state how long their holiday is, either 3 days, one week, two weeks or a month. Then when set make it impossible to end it during the selected time period. And to ensure that it isnt being misused fix a maximum annual usage check, ie 3 days holiday 4 times a year. one week at three times, fortnights at twice and monthly at once, with no back to back usage (ie minimum 48 hours gap). Yes it could still be abused to a degree but it would mean it was far less prevalent. It would certainly terminate multiple players co-playing a single account which unbalances the game. People like me (and you) who have to sleep are put at a disadvantage by the account sitting mode.

This change also prevents cyber-bully leaders from forcing new tribe members/players to let them sit their account to check that they are who they say they are when they join their tribe. In all things political whether in gaming or real life their will always be spies. We are told not to let others sit our accounts unless we trust them implicitly, when you have just spoken with someone you cant know them to trust, so they shouldnt be asking/forcing account sitting on others and those who do should be banned for cyber-bullying.

Interested to hear your opinion on this so I will check back later.

DeletedUser

Instead of changing the whole game why don't you open servers with old settings not much 2-3 with different settings and see what players really want. That way you will save yourself the whole reading process and you can just look at the numbers.

The settings of the current worlds are already dictated by the numbers, which reflect what the majority of players prefer.

DeletedUser120117

Make it possible to sit someone from the app. 90% of the time I play on my phone, so I cant really sit anyone. Currently when I log in to an account that im sitting I get transferred to safari and can't switch to the app.

DeletedUser119927

Idea 1: Giving barbarian/bonus villages the ability to develop troops and send attacks. This means all of them should get a random blueprint when created to work toward, effectively creating NPC types.

Idea 2:
I'd like the ability to search for certain villages on the map, having checkboxes for things like points, having an owner, bonus effects.

DeletedUser118835

I think it's pretty good, lots of improvements have come over the years, however I do have a few suggestions.

1) Get rid of the stupid holiday break. I get to play when I'm at HOME...which is either evenings and weekends, or over the holidays. I realize some people go away, can't login, etc...but there's more of us who are just sitting around twiddling our thumbs looking for something to do...that have to go away all week and work and can't login all day...almost every day.

2) Get rid of all the "assistants" (at least on one world). Make the players actually work for a win, instead of letting the computer do all the work for them. Personally, I can barely afford to play the game with Premium points occasionally...let alone waste them on the account managers, etc. I realize they help automate the tedious stuff...but it's really hard to play a game when you're playing 90% against a computer that is online 24/7.

3) End the worlds faster. The casual world I'm on, we're basically stalemated. There's very little action or movement. There's a clear dominant tribal group, and we'd like to move on to something new...but can't because we feel stuck in that world from all the time we committed to playing it.

That's about it. I've been playing for years...so I do like lots of the improvements. I even like the ideas of the account manager, etc., but they are way to expensive, and make playing against players who have lots of money to waste on them boring and not fun.

dodru

One suggestion could be to level the playing field , I am tired of playing a game where whomever spends the most money wins. some people do not have the funds to buy 6 villages before most can get their second village.

getting nobled 3 times in the first 3 weeks is no fun for anyone especially when it comes from someone who is spending stupid amounts to win

as for the person who wanted the account sitting holiday mode , just make a sleep and vacation mode max 5 days on the vacation (for emergencies) and only usable once a year... sleep mode up to 100 k points , meaning you select the time you will be sleeping and you cannot attack or be attacked during that time each day (only from the beginning of the world to the 100k point mark because you will eventually have to fight someone from a different time zone)

as for new people having a chance to play ...make it a requirement that each tribe has to recruit 2-5 new players , this can be represented by a flag on the new player making it obvious to tribes. the new player must join a tribe within 15 days and cannot be attacked or attack players but can attack barbs during this time as long as the flag is up...the tribes can recruit the new player any time during the 15 days..the player then can be attacked or attack as long as it is after the 15 days.(this does not give an advantage because the new players are , well....new, however the earlier the tribe picks the new player up the more time they will have to train them.

Mintyfresh

Skilled Soldier 18 & Master Commander 21 & 22
Reaction score
ideas.png

Tribal Warriors!

The time has come again where we would like YOU to share your ideas for improvements to the game.

Please contribute your ideas as precisely as you can, offering reasons for the change you are suggesting.

Please use this thread to positively contribute your ideas and not bash out arguments about removing premium features or co-playing as there are already threads extensively discussing such issues, please search the forum if you wish to contribute to those, we would like to focus this thread on New ideas for the future. So please be informed any such discussions will be moved or deleted in order to clearly focus on suggestions given for game improvement.

Please be aware contribution to the thread is not a guarantee of your suggestion being implemented, however we are looking forward to your awesome ideas and passing them on to the Development Team!

Thanks in advance!

Can't wait to read them!

Tribal Wars NET Team.

Okay i'll bite because i dont have much else to do right now during the attack break (same as most people i'd imagine). I feel like its quite difficult to answer this question as i have no idea what innogames are aiming at. Example, if you're looking to increase the playerbase again then the improvements to the game would probably cater to making the game more accessible because in my experience flat out the more time you put in the more likely you are to succeed (no guarantee). This time involvement i'd imagine puts a lot of starting players off and when you combine with the fact that even if you do put in lots of hours you can fail anyway its actually quite a brutal and un-friendly game for people new to the genre.

TW is sort of like chess in that its easy to get the hang of at a very basic level (i.e bishops move diagonals = high level production buildings get you more troops) but the difference between a 'master' and a beginner is truly staggering. If player A is new to the game and just by RNG happens to spawn near player B who has played the game for many years then quite frankly player A is relying on the goodwill of player B to survive 90% of the time ignoring external factors. You can say that the fault here is with player B for not taking the time to befriend and encourage player A but i feel that is a very naive viewpoint as really whats in it for player B in the long run? In theory anybody can succeed with the right coaching and support but its a real commitment on behalf of player B and what happens if you spend your time helping player A and then they quit? Or something else happens that player B has no control over? You feel like your time has been wasted and you are less likely to help the next player C who might be new and ready to learn. 99% of people who are reliably good at this game (multiple world wins) have spent YEARS practicing and playing. Its a lot to ask for that group of experienced veterans to take on fresh newbie over another experienced veteran especially when the vast majority of time you will see no tangible results.

So here are my (very basic) suggestions to improve the game providing that increasing the playerbase is the goal:

1) Greatly expand the mentoring system. Its a nice idea but i feel in its current form its basically useless 99% of the time. If you want people to actually help new players into the game then you're going to have to realistically bribe them to do so. For every player that you assist who reach x points or y points you get a real tangible reward (boosts/pp/whatever). The mentoring badge/achivement thingy is quite frankly pretty farcical and insulting considering the amount of effort it takes to teach people to be actually good at this game.

2) Implement a "recruit a noob system" for tribes. Currently a lot of tribes dont recruit newbies because of several limits (future noblings/no spots left/points) and again there is no real incentive. So how about encouraging new players to fill out a form saying "hello i'd like to learn and play real good" or whatever then once a month allocate them at random (or closest location maybe?) to a top 5 tribe. These players would not count towards tribal space cap or anything they just have the tag and can see tribal forums or whatever. They would not be attackable by their tribe and at the end of the month they fill out another short form saying "yes this tribe helped me they are really good" or "no they ignored me". If a tribe gets a positive review then maybe that can be displayed by a badge or something somewhere and again an actual tangible reward for players in said tribe.

3) Have a "baby" world that runs with very bog-standard settings that resets once a month. I understand that casual worlds were implemented to allow new players space to work out what to do but quite frankly (imo) they're fairly poorly done as players are utterly left to their own devices and nobody helps them there either. These baby worlds would have 'advanced' tutorials maybe as the current ones although do a good job of getting someone actually started up to 500 points they sort of taper off after a while. The advanced tutorials could be more detail/goals. You could also implement a buddy system where when people sign up for a world they could indicate they are happy to assist a newbie and they spawn near a buddy and assist them and guide them through the world for the next month. Personally i'd actually be okay with doing something like that, not every month but a few times a year where i know there is no real pressure to succeed and you can just make friends with new people.

These ideas are just ones that i've thought about on the spot so there is a lot of potential adjustment/improvement but i think if these ideas (or something along those lines) could be implemented then that would be a massive step forward to increasing the active playerbase.

Now on the other hand if the goal of innogames is to improve player experience for their playerbase that already exists then there are some radically different changes i could suggest as these would not be particularly noob friendly but would certainly make the game more interesting for people who play actively and consistently. And who knows it may encourage ex-players (of which there are probably millions) to restart again:

1) Artificially increase world sizes. Several ways you could do this, increase distances between people who start up or greatly increase barb spawns or allow someone to relocate their village on the same world once they have been nobled provided it is below x points (maybe 3k?). Although im not too sure about that last idea as it could be exploited but its an option certainly if its done properly

2) Improve the mobile app to give you larger options and more similar to desktop version. Now i understand that is probably not very easy (i dont think most people appreciate how expensive/difficult it is to make a GOOD phone app) but it would certainly help player experience, im sure everyone has been frustrated at the app at some point although i will say it is a fantastic thing in general

3) I dont feel like we really need more units/buildings but perhaps you can change the effectiveness slightly per world? Im not talking anything drastic but example you could say that world 95 is in a "hilly/woody region" and therefore cavalry effectiveness (all round) drops by 10%. Or that in world 96 infantry can carry double the amount of resources that they normally would. I think stuff like that would be quite exciting and would open up new strategies. Im not talking huge changes but things that if you know what you're doing you can exploit them to their fullest potential and gain an edge.

4) I think there are a lot of active players out there who are consistently mediocre and manage to get to 5/10/20 vils each world they play but then dont really know how to play beyond that. There are hundreds of players like this each world and it wouldnt take much guidance for them to make the step from being average to good so how about encouraging official 'advanced' guides. I know there is a guide section but that is often out of date and often (imo) relatively basic. I'd suggest to pay people (pp) who can prove that they've succeeded multiple times to write guides that teach people how to go beyond the intermidate stage. Then pay them more to keep these guides fresh and up to date with the latest changes. Then display these guides prominently and really encourage people to read them and maybe contact author/others for questions/advice.

All suggestions above are just rough ideas that i've contemplated today. I understand that some might not be feasible but i think some might be worth a shot or at least further/more considered discussion.

TLDR: Basically there are many parts of the game that i feel that innogames dont really put enough effort into and rely on the community goodwill (basically helping new players). If innogames actually dedicated virtual resources towards current players with the design that they help new players than i really feel that would be the best way to improve the game overall.

(p.s) Really really, please dont listen to people who moan and say "the game was better before pp/old skool is cool!!!!!" then ask for retarded changes to take the game back to how it was when their nostalgia tinted brain thought it was better because it was less intricate. You guys remind me of trump's "Make America Great Again" or whatever it is, its embarrassing to read how people actually think they can revert progress and go back to their comfort zone of previous times.

Last edited:

DeletedUser120120

Once you've maxed your farm and have posted the recruitment flag, reward with an option to use an additional flag.

Allow nobles created in another village to restationed.

DeletedUser

The main thing is the game becomes uninteresting once you start expanding into multiple villages. the management of villages becomes quickly overwhelming. solutions might be...
  1. auto build feature for villages you dont want to manage. so priority might be resources, infrastructure, defensive troops, offensive troops. you could then come back and take over manually at any time.
  2. forcing players to attack each other by making barb vills non nobleable. or perhaps non nobleable inside an allied church radius.
thats the main issue...now for the little things.
  1. hiding place needs more relevance
  2. church needs more relevance
  3. market needs more relevance

DeletedUser119404

I would like to have he ability to capture flags when I noble a village that is flying one.

skyhook001

Reaction score
Limit a player's pp at the beginning of a world. Unlimited pp at the beginning of a world allows a player to be unfairly powerful to those around them. Buying your way to the top is not in the best interest of this game.

DeletedUser

Why was my comment removed?
Please read the first post.
This thread is for new ideas to improve the game. You did not post a new idea.
If you have any further questions please PM me.

Thanks everyone for your contributions so far.
Please be sure to remember this thread is for new ideas.
Keep them coming :)

DarkInk

Maybe you should have 1 material every 3-6 secs because I think it feels boring to wait so long just to get 1k I have to wait almost the whole day to fill my storage which is only 2k!

Status
Not open for further replies.