Discussion: Merchant event

DeletedUser656

Merchant event

Merchant_event_logo_200x200_2.png

Dear players,

Travelling merchants are planning to set up camp near your land, hoping to trade their
Merchant_gems.png
gems for wood, clay and iron. They're also offering a variety of services to local lords as prizes for participating in their tombola.

Merchant_location.PNG

Start of the event

Event start: 11.11.14

Last Merchant spawn: 30.11.14

Event end: 02.12.14 After this time it will no longer be possible to use the tombola with gems, or activate prizes, and all existing prizes will disappear.

This event will be active on all standard and casual worlds.

Once the event start, you will receive a notification. You will also be granted a quest, explaining the requirements and how to interact with the merchants

Merchant_quest.PNG

Trading with the merchants

The merchants posts will appear on the map once the event starts. The visitors come with peaceful intentions, they want to trade their precious gems with you!
You can click on a merchant encampment near your village on the map, and then go to "Village information"

Merchant_post.PNG

You will then have the option to send resources to the Merchants, directly on this screen. Once the trade is concluded, you will receive gems!
Each Merchant post has a resource limit. Once they reach it, they will leave your neighborhood to go back to where they came from. A new merchant will then appear at a different location.

Merchant_resources.PNG

Attacking the merchants

If trading peacefully doesn't fit your style, you can try to attack the merchants instead. You would have to select the option "send troops" on the Merchant post screen.
Warning ! The merchants are prepared against this eventuality and have brought units to protect their camp. It won't be an easy fight and coordinating the attacks with friends or tribe mates is probably a good idea.
If you manage to win the fight, you will be able to plunder the resources other players sent to the merchants.
You won't be able to obtain gems that way, as the merchants hide it from attacks and only trading allows you to gain it.
Once a Merchant post has been plundered, you only have two hours to try to get the resources. After that time, the merchants will leave your neighborhood, convinced that no good business can be conducted in this area!

Using the tombola

The merchants are not only bringing gems with them. They also possess a tombola in their camp, where you can obtain interesting prizes.

They will let you spin the wheel of the tombola in exchange for gems, and you will obtain a prize, with different outcomes possible.

Merchant_tombola.PNG

The prizes have different effects: some boost your production, some boost your units. You can also gain a resource boost (that can be activated only once a day)

It also possible to receive free spins from time to time!

You can only have one prize active at a time.

At the bottom of event screen are two countdowns: the first shows the deadline after which no new Merchant posts will appear. The second countdown marks the end of the event – after this time it will no longer be possible to use the tombola, or activate prizes, and all existing prizes will disappear.

So get ready to trade gems and profit of the nice offers from the merchants!

The Tribal Wars Team

DeletedUser105718

Is this going to be another event that's completely useless? Because as far as I remember, the last few had benefits that were outwayed by the fact of how much stuff you lost to get them (unless you use premium to do it)

Anyways, how much is one gem? Or how much do you get by sending a thousand resources?

DeletedUser

I take it the attacking and looting option will not be there on W77? Since it's no hauls. You guys never specify on any of these events. How much does it cost to spin as well? 1k gems? I highly doubt this next one, but just to make sure, these villages popping up won't be like the secrets on 75 right? Where there's a whole entire K of NOTHING.

DeletedUser94483

I have to say I liked the royalty event..It was actually interesting fast paced and did not involve smashing all of my armies on one village.

DeletedUser

Is this going to be another event that's completely useless? Because as far as I remember, the last few had benefits that were outwayed by the fact of how much stuff you lost to get them (unless you use premium to do it)

Anyways, how much is one gem? Or how much do you get by sending a thousand resources?

The feedback from the winter event was taken into consideration and changes made.

I take it the attacking and looting option will not be there on W77? Since it's no hauls. You guys never specify on any of these events. How much does it cost to spin as well? 1k gems? I highly doubt this next one, but just to make sure, these villages popping up won't be like the secrets on 75 right? Where there's a whole entire K of NOTHING.

You should be able to plunder event locations during this event.

The cost of spinning will be different for each player.

DeletedUser95593

It says I need 143k gems to do a spin. That's 1.4m res.

Why would I do that, on a no hauls world?

In fact, why would you bring out the same event across all the worlds? I can't plunder a village so that's half the event made pointless straight away.

Was the feedback from the winter event all positive, so the changes have been made to reflect that? I.e, little to none.

Why am I asking you so many questions? I'm perplexed Aliyah, too damn perplexed.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser102425

That does seem rather high on a no hauls world, even with the potential advantages.
Even on other worlds, the amount of gems required makes this event not as accessible as players would desire...

I can't plunder a village so that's half the event made pointless straight away.

You should be able to plunder event locations during this event.

DeletedUser95593

So, they've just made my no hauls world no longer no hauls?

I explicitly joined this no hauls world so that I wouldn't have to farm, and so that those who have the time or inclination to farm couldn't gain that advantage.

I feel like tw has abandoned me and some sort of petition needs to be made to truly express how upset I am at all of you.

Citles.of.AH

In fact, why would you bring out the same event across all the worlds? I can't plunder a village so that's half the event made pointless straight away.

Was the feedback from the winter event all positive, so the changes have been made to reflect that? I.e, little to none.

Why am I asking you so many questions? I'm perplexed Aliyah, too damn perplexed.

LOL no kidding, there is hauls on my world (Casual -retired) but due to point limitations they're nearly impossible. That aside, it says I need 4,307,000 gems for one spin... if it really is 1000 resources per ten gems (your ratio) that's 430,700,000 resources. Half a Billion. Yea; that's not going to happen. Even if those buffs were worth it, which they absolutely aren't... the time it would take to send that many resources to their camps makes it useless by itself. Even a 1:1 trade, 1 resource for 1 gem, is still a lot of time spent sending a ridiculous amount of resources to the camps.

DeletedUser113814

23,500 gems? and only a gem per 100 resources? On a no haul world to!!! Try again TW lol try again. No disrespect but you failed miserably. Try maybe 10,000 gems a spin. Or even 15,000 due to the fact they are great bonuses. Also why try attacking these merchants and wasting maybe two full nukes to clear it...when its a no haul world?

Basically its something pretty to look at on the map. Thanks.....i guess:icon_neutral:

Last edited:

DeletedUser

I have to echo the sentiments of everybody else here... this is an absolutely pointless event on no-hauls.

DeletedUser80610

It's just 5.5k gems for me but again with that I think I will only be using it one time.

I was never around for the other events and I dont recall events ever being done a few years ago.

DeletedUser

Farming 2.5-3m res for a 10 hour bonus is absurd. Go back to the drawing board please. I understand not wanting to make it easy. I don't understand making it so overtly useless that any person with a brain is going to say "(Insert insult) Not doing this crap"

Also, why aren't HC included in the defense award... cmon like seriously? Not everyone likes the slow Spear/Sword build.

malteseowl

Pointless in extreme

LOL no kidding, there is hauls on my world (Casual -retired) but due to point limitations they're nearly impossible. That aside, it says I need 4,307,000 gems for one spin... if it really is 1000 resources per ten gems (your ratio) that's 430,700,000 resources. Half a Billion. Yea; that's not going to happen. Even if those buffs were worth it, which they absolutely aren't... the time it would take to send that many resources to their camps makes it useless by itself. Even a 1:1 trade, 1 resource for 1 gem, is still a lot of time spent sending a ridiculous amount of resources to the camps.

You're favoured - I need 9.937.000 gems for one spin, the amount of resources to get that 9.937.000 is equally if not even more ridiculous.

Who dreams up these ridiculous, and totally game-stopping amounts/ratios. Makes the whole thing a pointless exercise for all concerned. Count me out of this one.

DeletedUser113454

3,112,000 gems for one spin here. Totally ridiculous. I have to say though that I'm not in favour of this type of event even if the cost made it worth it. I like tribal wars the way it is, it's what's kept me playing since W8. I want to spend my time fighting, not participating in some lame event.

This isn't the first such event and I seem to remember it getting flamed pretty hard last time. Why are we having it imposed on us again? Could it be the devs aren't listening?

frugi

where is the tombola to spin anyway? I went to the merchant village overview, its not there.......where is it? losing interest at the fact that I cant even find the wheel, I want to try to participate, but it is sooo hard to even find what should be really easy to find.

DeletedUser

where is the tombola to spin anyway? I went to the merchant village overview, its not there.......where is it? losing interest at the fact that I cant even find the wheel, I want to try to participate, but it is sooo hard to even find what should be really easy to find.

If you go to your village overview and open the event.

Iput2hH.png

On this page you receive the option to spin the tombola.

pbGoU3r.png