Discussion: Merchant event

frugi

ah thanks. so much clutter on my desk blocking the lower part of my screen, it was infront of my face the whole time. facepalm.

DeletedUser

I just need 300 gems for a spin... that's 3k resources. Not bad I think.

DeletedUser95593

Oh right. You can pay to spin?

No wonder you need so many gems to spin. Why earn the gems when you can pay for it instead.

amirite guys?

amirite?

DeletedUser49459

62 million gems for one spin! Wish i saw that before sending any resources, of course the pop up that said that didnt appear before i had collected over 3million gems. I wish i could get my resources back.

The feedback from the winter event was taken into consideration and changes made.

You should be able to plunder event locations during this event.

The cost of spinning will be different for each player.

DeletedUser98637

OMG!!! What a complete rip off for just a spin for a prize that won't even be worth it. Even if I got anything like 25% of my storage capacity as a prize it wouldn't cover the cost for the pin on the wheel. Every 1000 resource is worth 100 gems. What a complete rip off. Wish I had sent less now than the 6k in resources to find that out :( what a useless and overpriced feature :(

Gorth Kirgar

For me it's already paying off.....
Only costs me 20.000 rez for a spin, so even the 10% resource gain is already a bonus with a single warehouse of 22 or over.

And is there no gain in plundering? I have no clue what the defensive stats of the mercenaries and the merchant guards are.
Does anyone know?

btw. in my area there are only 400 mercenaries or guards in the merchant vills. Is that the same in every region?
Just got a scout report back and answered my own question....difference per area is quite big.

DeletedUser105718

Derpderpderp.

This is such a silly event, especially if you get the Overburdance lvl 3 award, which is 40% of resources of the wh. If that happened, I'd probably up all my wh to at least 27-29 before clicking on it. That's 258 262,8 resources total for each village, it's extremely unfair, especially in no-hauls.

DeletedUser

Why does the quest Mobilization need to be completed first?? Are you telling me that I need troops sitting at home in order to send a merchant to another village?

DeletedUser

so yea, i echo the sentiments of most people on here that this thing is pretty lame...
I only need 493000 gems for one spin... much less than some, but still prohibitive. Not just the resources but the time. I suppose someone could make a script to send 1 merchant out at a time, but damn... pretty pretty pretty pretty stupid. Especially for a buff that I may not even want.

Yahko

I'm playing on Casual 2. It costs me 35,000 of resources to spin. Considering I just have one village that is 4500 points. I dont know how the spin factor is determined but my Warehouse is about 115K, so even if I'll get the 10% resources payoff it will barely cover the 35K spent. That if I'lll get the 10% resources, If i'll get something like LC attacking 10%+ I wont be able to do much with it. So I dont know how it will work, I'll see how it pans out and keep you updated.

Edit: The spin gave me +ATT 10% for Lc and Axes. My gems went up from 3500 to 3600. I did noble a village in the process and built in it pits from 0 to 6. I wonder how the gem factor is calculated.

Last edited:

Asylum Escapee

just need 7 billion resources for one spin, what a bargain!

DeletedUser

This event is alright - events bring a temporary new aspect to the game which can be good. I must say, the Royalty event though was something I did enjoy as well as many others I knew were onboard with it.

DeletedUser

Seems my cost went down slightly from 250kgems... to 245k.... and I got a free spin.

Thanks for the effort, really. However, I was hoping for a more dramatic cost reduction like from 250k, to 150k...

Yahko

My gems went up after the first spin from 3500 to 3600, after 6 hours it went up to 3800. I do build a new village, I do farm so I don't know the factors that contribute to the gem cost.

I know that the 10 hour increase in attacks didn't help me at all since I'm a small player. It would make sense of you have a lot of villages and planing an attack that will land in 10 hours or so and will happen in the next 20 days.

For bigger players to spent 1mil in resources might be OK. For me to spent 30k is costly and unless I get a guaranteed return of resources with a bonus of 5% which would push me to continue using it, otherwise its really non practical for smaller players.

DeletedUser15694

Why would I waste 20 MILLION resources to gain enough gems for ONE Spin that might gain me something close to useLess??

If you are going to make inGame Games...

Try to make something worthwhile.

DeletedUser

Why does the quest Mobilization need to be completed first?? Are you telling me that I need troops sitting at home in order to send a merchant to another village?

would still like to see this answered.

DeletedUser15694

100% of the people I have spoke with..

thinks this game is an absolute waste of time.

Considering that anyone active in any decently played world has to spend MILLION's of resources to get ONE spin. (yes millions.. 20, 50, 100 MILLION)

LOL.

Gorth Kirgar

The only way this is worth your while is in a case like mine:
I have a 4k vill on the rim with an insane amount of offensive troops. The vills in my area are guarded by only 400 troops, so I can basically just send out my axes with only 100 losses to get the 85k back from the villages nearby.
In any other case, it's not even worth considering attacking those vills.

Spins alone would only be worthwhile if you could choose between a the commons, uncommons and rares.

I could very well be the only player who has actually gotten the award for looting 5 of those vills.

On a side note:
The cost of spins increased for me from 2000 to 3500 when I reached 4000 points. But I also just upgraded my claypit at that time. So, it might have something to do with your rez levels.

Also:
General D for merchant guard is 31.6 (or close to)
General D for mercenaries is 40
Haven't been able to establish the cav D yet.

Last edited:

Yahko

I'm playing both 73 and casual 2 worlds.

In my Casual 2 I have a 5K village and a 0.5K village. I'm surrounded mostly by 100 barbs so getting cash from them is hard work. My gem limit is 3800 now, I have a feeling that after a spin it will spike to 4300 or something. Its not really worth my time to send close to 40,000 resources to get a ATT 10% for LC and Axe for 10 hours when I barely have like 500 LC and 400 Axes.

In my 73W, I have a 300 point villa from scratch and the barbs around me are 1.5K in size. I need only 300 gems to spin. So my 1 hour loot run bring is close to 7000 in resources. Now that's a worthy investment. I already had 11 spins in the past few days. And I can have now almost 2-3 spins a day. The general payout is not that much of a big deal. I had like 4 Overabundance 10%, my warehouse is at 7K so I get 700 in cash from it but I have to wait 24 hours. I go on a barb loot run and get 7000 in cash within one hour. As far as a small player I'm not really attacking anyone or anyone is attacking me. I'm surrounded by 40K-150K players. They wont even spit into a 300 point direction. Its a fun game and I can probably try and get the Gold Achievement of 100 spins. It will be a challenge to do in the next 17 days. But then again its only possible for players who literaly start from a scratch with a 26 point villa.