Discussion: Merchant event

DeletedUser

Hi Guys,

Anyone has any info/experience on the stats of the mercenary/guard units stationed in these camps?

Zalinor

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
I thought the trade was 1:1 luckily I tested it on a small world I'm actually quitting not one of my bigger ones no chance i'm spending so much per spin. Not worth it at all

Yahko

So I just finished the challenge and got 100 spins. I spent 284,000 in resources in total. The first 5 or so spins cost me 100 and the others were all 300 each. I started from scratch in W73 and was lucky that I had about 4 farms that had close to 1Mil in resources split between the 4 of them. I went all crazy on the spears and LC to have the most haul. My village is 638 points. If I were in another world that has 26 point barbs I would never be able to win the challenge.

Overall it was ok of a challenge because I could do it within 3-4 days. The highest prize was Spears and Swords with 19. Then -20% build time with like 14. A few rare prizes with 2-3 each. The uncommon ones were about 9-8-5. It was alot of work sending resources. I dont know how many market actions one person needs to do that has 100,000 points. Its as almost as sending fakes for an hour. Same with sending resources. The payout is relative to the world, relative to your size, relative to your situation (war or peace). If you are at war and need an extra 10% boost to your troops maybe its worth sending the resources away and not letting the enemy get it. In my regular world I need to spend 5800 gems now for a spin, and I just dont have the money to throw around which wont give me the prize that I want.

Edit: The only major issue I see with the merchant event is that a small players with market of 10 can send 10K and get 2-4 spins out of it. Larger players dont usually have the markets maxed out to 25 just so they can save on farm space, so a bigger player that has 200K or resources to send out will not bother doing it 5 times a day with a market at 15 level. I think its no about saving resources which can be used for coins but about the market levels as well which were kept low by most players in most worlds.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

would still like to see this answered.

Still nothing on this at all.. Also, why did the post eat my ressy's? If it filled up, why didn't I get the excess back, this is not fair at all.

f337c5030545df7e310410d49237f1dc.png

Deleted User - 832139

I knida liked it ... got rid of a lot of excess resources I did not need or would have traded. The only down side for me is the returns are not high enough.

Has any one got a list of how long these last?

DeletedUser

I knida liked it ... got rid of a lot of excess resources I did not need or would have traded. The only down side for me is the returns are not high enough.

I agree with you, like many others, that the rewards just didn't outweigh what we had to give up for the bonuses. However, I am very upset with TW that I couldn't get a couple simple questions answered. I saw other people have their comments and questions responded to, the update thread gets answers, but nothing here. So either TW support can't help me (and if you can't then AT LEAST say SOMETHING) or they really don't care about this event and/or what people think about it. So TW, you tell me, cuz your silence on a couple questions makes it seem like you don't care right now.

DeletedUser

Still nothing on this at all..

The factors to be considered in determining a point where partaking in the event is viable is not limited to just having merchants.

How long what lasts ?

I agree with you, like many others, that the rewards just didn't outweigh what we had to give up for the bonuses. However, I am very upset with TW that I couldn't get a couple simple questions answered. I saw other people have their comments and questions responded to, the update thread gets answers, but nothing here. So either TW support can't help me (and if you can't then AT LEAST say SOMETHING) or they really don't care about this event and/or what people think about it. So TW, you tell me, cuz your silence on a couple questions makes it seem like you don't care right now.

You should have had your resources returned. No-one else is reporting such an issue but if you send in a support ticket we'll look into it.

Deleted User - 832139

How long these event last?

I see 10 hrs a few times .. is this the standard time across each prize event?

DeletedUser

Overabundance prizes provide a one-time effect, all other prizes have an effect for 10 hours.

The whole event lasts until 2014-12-02 11:00 at which point you can no longer activate buffs and current buffs will expire.

DeletedUser109837

The Merchant even has totally ruined W78, but guess you don't care about that aslong as you get your money. Extremly stupid to enable the merchant event on a newly started world......

Lesson for the future.

Last edited by a moderator:

True GOAT

The Merchant even has totally ruined W78, but guess you don't care about that aslong as you get your money. Extremly stupid to enable the merchant event on a newly started world......

Lesson for the future.

Damn tell me about it.

Yahko

I find it that the Merchant event is good for anyone starting a flag world because they can get Red,Yellow and Green flags quite easily. Imagine you play 3-4 flag worlds and you can scratch a good 3 green, 3 yellow and 3 red flags. Thats a good payoff without spending a single premium point. So money wise its like buying 3 flags for 100 points so here you saved yourself 300 premium points or about 7-8$. Which in reality is REALLY nothing if you need the flags so you can spend like 10$ or so which isnt that much.

DeletedUser

Having this during startup on w78 was possibly the most unintelligent idea you've had in a while, TW devs. Sure, you can make a tonne of money out of the small handful of people who are willing to spend to abuse it, but ultimately it just discourages people from playing that world. A bit of p2w isn't really a huge issue to a lot of players, but when you can noble a village before you're even out of beginners protection by abusing the merchant event, I think it is going to turn a lot of people off of joining the world.

Maths tells me you would make more money from having a greater number of players joining your p2w world. Allowing something like this that gives a small number of players who are willing to spend ridiculous quantities of PP on the game a massive early game advantage that even the most skilled of players would have trouble catching up to seems counter intuitive to me, on the getting more people to join front. Perhaps getting a lot of money from a couple people rather than a little from a lot is a better business model for you now, though I sincerely doubt it.