Discussion: New account manager

DeletedUser80784

my age should not matter, and i do not spend endless hours playing either.
it has taken me a long time to get as good as i have gotten, and what i hold over 99% of players is the organization i put into my account.

this update has made the game more for new and lazy players, who can not organize or take care of their account.

I would much rather win by skill than win with a bunch of people who only know how to click a button to manage their account.

further more, I'll add to the fact that, before this came out.. i nobled over 300 barbs under 500 points each.. on a world that 0.75 speed..
and i spent the time to send resources to them to build them... now all it will be is a button click..
(they have all been built up to the size in need them now)
so as i said before.. for LAZY people.

i can tell you right now.
TW is losing me as a player once my world ends, because you will not persuade me to believe this is of any use but to unskilled players.

so as an average player.. i'll say it again. for the LAZY players.. this is for you.

DeletedUser

I would much rather win by skill than win with a bunch of people who only know how to click a button to manage their account.

further more, I'll add to the fact that, before this came out.. i nobled over 300 barbs under 500 points each.. on a world that 0.75 speed..
and i spent the time to send resources to them to build them... now all it will be is a button click..

Thats not skill it's just having massive amount of time to micromanage, a lot of people would rather skip the building bit and spend their time attacking other players, rather than lazily noble small barbs and spend ages building them up.

DeletedUser80784

if you could not read,
I do not have massive amounts of time on my hands,
and as I previously stated, I'm good at detail and organization, which are 2 huge factors to success.

and if you don't.. that lazily nobling barbs and building them got me more villages to attack me enemy with.

and not to mention that at least half of them went into becoming catting villages which have become nearly useless now.
in a game where the life of the world out lasts the interest of the player, you know there's something wrong.
and a big factor in making players quit was knowing they weren't going to rebuild after they were mass catted, because they were LAZY, and would not give a damn about rebuilding and just would quit.
and the irony of this is that they just released a whole bunch of new end world rules.. well don;t expect to be getting there any time soon, when you no longer can get players to quit because of laziness, because you were skillful enough to coordinate with tribes mates to mass cat some one to dust.. they now have invented the "NO NEED TO FEAR, CLICK HERE!" and everything will be fine button.. so if you want to win, and were expecting it sometime soon, wave those hopes goodbye because you won't be seeing it for at least 10 fold now.

so now that we have gotten rid of the use of cats, why even bother having them? or rams, cuz you don't even have to be active now to play.
why not just make this tribal hugs? there's no skill involved there either.

A humble player

if you could not read,
I do not have massive amounts of time on my hands,
and as I previously stated, I'm good at detail and organization, which are 2 huge factors to success.

and if you don't.. that lazily nobling barbs and building them got me more villages to attack me enemy with.

and not to mention that at least half of them went into becoming catting villages which have become nearly useless now.
in a game where the life of the world out lasts the interest of the player, you know there's something wrong.
and a big factor in making players quit was knowing they weren't going to rebuild after they were mass catted, because they were LAZY, and would not give a damn about rebuilding and just would quit.
and the irony of this is that they just released a whole bunch of new end world rules.. well don;t expect to be getting there any time soon, when you no longer can get players to quit because of laziness, because you were skillful enough to coordinate with tribes mates to mass cat some one to dust.. they now have invented the "NO NEED TO FEAR, CLICK HERE!" and everything will be fine button.. so if you want to win, and were expecting it sometime soon, wave those hopes goodbye because you won't be seeing it for at least 10 fold now.

so now that we have gotten rid of the use of cats, why even bother having them? or rams, cuz you don't even have to be active now to play.
I must say, you really overestimate what AM can do (and I tested it)

DeletedUser

SailAnAsIsihT had a very good reply for you. People who only noble small barbs are often seen as useless or bad players, you need to noble front villages and preferable from the enemy.
People who only waste time on small barbs are often seen as a disapointment.

if you could not read,
I do not have massive amounts of time on my hands,-Right
and as I previously stated, I'm good at detail and organization, which are 2 huge factors to success.-What're your doing in your tribe?

and if you don't.. that lazily nobling barbs and building them got me more villages to attack me enemy with.-I made good operations and nobled enemy villages, I was satisfied enough.

and not to mention that at least half of them went into becoming catting villages which have become nearly useless now. -Catting enemies isn't useless, is still cost a nightmare of time to rebuild everything at larger cat attacks. Many of us would stack ourself against any kind of attack, even deep-in and it wouldn't be an issue to do so. It's a pain in the ass for enemies to have half of their front catted when players starts to noble their villages. That I can assure you.
in a game where the life of the world out lasts the interest of the player, you know there's something wrong. -Yes, the game takes time which is the issue and it's completely boring. It became boring after a year, then I were bored. However I planned to win, and I rarely give up. You often see people who want to quit in old worlds. We wont bother with new worlds either, Tw can never become interesting as we're bored and lost the taste for these kind of games. However we can safe time and Tw can gather more players as there's other games ahead of Tw.
-Yes if certain players delete, one side gains a lot. Some are tired with the game and don't want to keep up with the shit, so they delete. I want to quit, so I don't blame them.
-End game world should be specific per world, I want to win by domination, unless it'll cost me an unforeseen amount of time.

-Already answered. Cats are always useful, but nothing beats a fight at front-lines. And there's a hell lot more skilled if TW can raise the activity level in worlds by just a few features, the question is if you can keep up with the rest?

And questioning if rams are useful makes you lose any good points at all. Rams will always be needed to bring down walls, there's no use of attacking without rams. Some build close to pure ram nukes just to remove walls.

By this post I take it as you're around 14 and goes to school, this means that you got an unimaginable amount of time available. I'm 22, at your age I rarely understood how much time I really had compared to last years. You haven't worked yet either it seems. Try to lead a tribe with 7-9 hours days before new year, Easter and a longer period on the summer. I had to work since young age, it cost me time. But with time I made money, I'm will to spend money to gain time. Unfortunately I didn't sit at a computer or a chair all day. We all get different kind of works, at some we got more free time, and others give less.

With an education which took time I'll look for a job which is preferable better, however I don't plan to stay on the lower stage in all of my life. So I'll have to spend time in the job I get. As I work I get money and can spend money for the Account Manager feature. I already can, but no work means always in red.

However as you're in school and possible doesn't work, I understand that you won't be able to pay. But if you get a work, then you can. I worked around your age.

Make money, save time on the game.
Spend time, and don't make money.
You'll simply have to choice what you prefer.

And here for the best argument.
Innogames wants to make money. They got ideas of a new feature for their product, with a few more improvements I'll without question pay for it. It do however need improvements, or I wont pay for it permanently after my villages are sorted out. Building and demolishing scripts are illegal after all.
Innogames will prefer more money over less, so they'll hopefully or likely add more improvements.

Now don't get angry, this reality. Some of us just seek Yes/No replies with a reason, which save time. Being nice do unfortunately take time, time which is better spent elsewhere.

I'll be looking forward to what the features we'll get in the account manager, it's still money. The features have to be worth it, since I'm already paying premium for half a tribe.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser80784

well first of all.
your completely wrong. you can add about 5 years to that "guess" you call, and another year from when October comes round.
and like i said. i do not have infinite time, i ORGANIZE, but like i said most people don't understand what it means, take yourself for example.
and second of all, i do work, quite a bit actually, so going back to.. "i do not have infinite time"
third of all. you took the taking troops out way too seriously, i was trying to make a point by picking things apart, that was all, so of course cats and rams will always be of use and it would be rather stupid of someone not to use them effectively.
fourthly, i have quite a few front line villages, and in the last week got 53 awards (all from attacking the enemy)
fifthly, i do have the money to spend on it, but like i said, i will refuse to pay for it, as it'll will be a complete waste of time and money for me, as per previously mentioned where my account is always organized and i am not LAZY, and just so you know, i spend like 10 minutes, and looking after my account is done for the day, that's how organized it is.

and just for your comment on being a disappointment, i'll state the fact that i have seen the behind the scenes and know what it takes to run a tribe, i have done it, and i am currently seen as one of the best players in my tribe. so like i previously stated, the barbs = more villages = more troops = more attack force = more taking villages from the enemy.. so some players may be a disappointment for taking small barb, but i am that exception., the always so rare elusive one. lol

DeletedUser

53 awards, first day of activity? It's called daily awards, you get one or a few different awards per day. 53, is a lot. You could possible have received some rewards by never have been active before.

19 then, now you just got university. And sure organising time works, when there is time available. When there isn't time available, then one thing will get less time. So it isn't just to organise time and hope that everything works out. Either spend time or don't. I should know what it mean, I made priorities as in winning. What you aimed for in life is something that I don't plan to guess.

10 minutes per day and my tribe would have fallen apart as it would be the same like that of an inactive. Good players are active and always keep an eye on their worlds, to do so, we need a good management. If you're on a front-line then it isn't strange if someone mass scout and then speed noble several of your front villages by force. 10 minutes on a front-line is not enough, if you're leading a tribe then none would want to stay in it. The reason why you don't need to be active is because you aren't barely doing anything at all. Of course it wont take much of your time.

Nobling many 100 pointers isn't impressive, and being large isn't either. You don't sound as a good player, I can't just see you as one.
On that third note, it didn't seem as it in the slightest, unless I and surely many others got a hard time to read what you're writing. You didn't make a point at all, or didn't just succeed to.

Your organisation is not impressive at all. It seems as you're either inactive, easily replaceable, unimportant or just doesn't have any responsibilities to take care about in your tribe.
You aren't an exception and you haven't likely had any larger experience with running better tribes. Everyone can start and run tribes, however very few outlast the rest. Whatever you say, I can't see you as one who outlast someone else.
Unless all the work was dumped on others.

And are you seriously 19?
No, you're max around 16.

Even if you don't need to save time, a hell lot of more player do and it'll likely stop players from quitting due to micro-management. We're willing to pay for it as well, since it saves us time. If you don't want to pay, then you don't need too. However don't complain when others improve their fighting ability and activity, while you fall behind.

DeletedUser80784

you're not taking anything seriously,
therefor i need no further posts to prove anything to you.

I'd also like to add.
yes I'm a noob,
I hope you feel all powerful and manly for demoralizing me.

please spend the rest of your days knowing that insulting others is the only way to make yourself feel better about yourself

Last edited:

ramz fan

I have a question. Once the troop manager recruits all possible troops, is the template removed from the village? Because I noticed the template I added to villages that had full builds removed itself.

Does anyone have an answer to this, please?

DeletedUser

Of course I'm not taking you seriously (how could?), it's a given.

The only thing I feel better about, is to getting rid of your replies. Hopefully I'll receive a good picture about the kind of features, that we'll be getting with the Account Manager. Hopefully some of my own ideas will be used, as I could personally use the improvements I mentioned. If my ideas aren't good enough, then perhaps another version of them is. I wouldn't have posted here if I didn't see use of improvements, so that I could save time.

DeletedUser

Yes, the template will be removed from the specific village. The account manager will also be sending a message that building/recruiting is done per village. So if a village is done, then the template will be removed after a while, not right away. So when you add a template to several villages, they'll be added even if the village already is done by the template. It'll be removed shortly after.

You add templates per village, once that is done, the queue is filled with everything. You'll see the template as remove, unless it stays until everything is completely built.
I suggested that templates would be attached to groups, because troops recruiting goes quicker with scripts.

The village templates could be attached to groups as well, when selecting "use", it'll go way quicker to manage the account manager. It'll surely get more features, and it'll be boring like hell to make the same moves constantly, specially the same ones, that scripts will likely be made for. That defeats the purpose of this account manager if we have to use scripts over it, to improve it ourselves, scripts with our predefined settings.

It isn't about making the game easier, but rather more manageable. Being able to do much more in less time, that'll improve a lot.

busamad

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Thats odd then I would have liked it to be set up with groups.

I can kill 100 nukes a day no problem plus the constant top up of D thats killed recruiting the odd ram fake thats killed how will this save time if I have to keep adding the template back in the village.

I may as well keep with a recruit script.

How does the building part work. I do not have my villages the same build it is not set up via groups either.
I follow a basic guide when I take a village:
If a market is below 15 I upgrade it to 15 if its above 20 I knock it down to 20
If the academy is more than L2 I knock it down to L2 other than that it stays the same.
The rest of the building are a constant.

Would the above work with the manager or is it not worth getting?

I do like the idea of a drip feed for the market idea & will help with build up newly taken front line villages but bookmarks can soon do that for me so that in itself does not justify buying it.

As for the attack part so what don't have an internet phone anyway.

DeletedUser

The village manager will not downgrade the Hiding place it says build manager complete loyalty is 100% it builds upwards so it seems but not downwards.

DeletedUser

something missing in villagemanager

I was trying some things out and made a buildingtemplate myself. Wasn't what i wanted and deleted it.

The problem now is that the faults that are in it still are being carried out. In over 1500 villages of mine are extra levels of HQ build and 5 levels of baracks demolished... crap.
There should be a button with: cancel all building row. Now have to delete these manually.

DeletedUser

The account manager will both downgrade and upgrade.
But you need to copy the system templates and make your own, as the system templates can't be edited.

The templates allows you to plan how a village would be built up and in which order, you can specify which level that should be upgraded when. You don't specify downgrades, they're made by auto as levels aren't listed to be built and it works. But remember that you can't edit the templates that comes from the system.

The thing that takes time, is that you got to add this script every time to a list of villages. If you got 2000-3000+, then it's a pain in the ass to make the same move over and over again. With this, people would make building and demolishing scripts and just run over or just run in any case. That they would be illegal isn't scary since there's a legal way for it.

If you're large, then there will be no use ones you have sorted out your villages. It might take two weeks, then you wont use the account manager again. The reason for that, is because most large players, including myself, never had the time to make a perfect build for groups. The updated building overview would help new players, but large ones would often just ignore it.

The troop/recruiting part will be useful for new players who don't know how to use scripts. However we who know, can recruit way quicker with what we got. We only get issues once upgrades appear. So the case would be that they'll likely make a change, or I hope they do, that make you attach a troop template per group.

That would be a very useful option as you would only have to click on a button called "Use" or something in that way. It'll help a lot when it comes to sitting, some players got different recruiting scripts for several of their groups, which aren't made in your own personal way. As leading a tribe, you have to sit a lot of players now and then. You don't spend an hour on the sat account, you want to be in and out under less than a few minutes.

Another possible improvement would be that one who have the account manager could possible get more features when sitting one who don't. Everyone who sits people often would want it, if recruiting and building/demolishing when smooth. A lot of players will surely save up for the account manager and help several other players to do the work for them, meaning that less would pay for the feature. The question is if they would have paid for it in any case if they didn't before.

And another note.
When you got a lot of villages, 2000+. You'll either have tons of groups, or large ones. 500 villages per page and doing the same movement for several pages wasn't fun. People with slower computers/connection might split villages per page around 250. So even if we save time and improve our accounts, we all might see it as just too boring to do.

And yes, you got to save the template each time and allow demolishing. It's not hard to do, but even I forgot it several times. A lot of players will surely make the same mistake where a "Cancel all constructions/demolishing" function would help. Some players will make the same mistake over and over again and the question about what happened will always be answered, but never understood.

Good to hear Typhlosionrulez.
Every idea taken note of, will save myself and many others a great deal of time. At least they'll likely make several situations more manageable, once they're finished.

DeletedUser71750

My personal opinion is that this was a terrible/ awesome update.. i agree with some of the thing's you've included, such as the script which is the equivalent to a mass recruitment script.

what im not a fan of is barb farming.. i may aswell go back to playing Medieval total war if this game is just going to be people with pp blitzkrieging, people without, this has simply set another roadblock in between veteran and new player's.

what's next? an auto snipe manager which snipe's trains for you, come on tw bring back the value of the "player" not the "premium"

DeletedUser

I have to admit that when I first heard about the account manager, I was skeptical. Then I realized that it would make it easier for me to get my old W2 account up to scratch, as I've been seriously neglecting it for the last couple of years. Honestly, I'm sure I have more than 1 000 villages without walls in it. There's a fairly decent chance this will get me active there again, so horray for that. Think of me as an example, sort of proving Jezuz' point about this making people not quit. Admittedly, I wouldn't delete it, but no premium kinda equals uselessness at that stage.

What I would wish for is for a research manager. I can seem to find one, and I don't think it's been suggested yet, unless Jezuz put it in the last two thirds of his wall of text - sorry, it was just so darned long! Especially on worlds with three levels per unit, that would come in handy.

Now, I find myself vaguely amused by Greenshell's comments, as he makes me out to be a bad and lazy player. I can actually live with the lazy part, though having built up two accounts from scratch to 20+ mill might be a slight contradiction to that claim. The bad part... well, everything is relative, I suppose. Anyhow, when someone who doesn't seem to have done all that much fighting, and lives on inactives and greys claims such things about me it makes me all warm and fuzzy on the inside. Seriously, I hope he comments on this, so I'll also get to share in the glory that is Greenshell-bashing.

Though, does me having one rather messy account make me a bad player? I'd say not. It's my first account, so I've gone through most of the phases on it. Learned a lot, but without the new overviews changing set-ups is time-consuming, so you can ( could ) actually see layers of time, depending on when I conquered the villages. Newbieness, slightly less newbieness, averageness, pretty goodness and then neglect with sporadic bouts of activity.

DeletedUser

My basic complaint is that this is no longer the same game as it was when I joined W40.

Unless innogames agrees to freeze worlds with the same conditions as at the start for the entirety of a world, then W40 will be my last real active world & I will cease to be a customer.

Being forced to relearn major aspects of gameplay every few months is totally ridiculous & an insult to those of us who have spent so much time developing a particular strategy, only to have to change during the course of a war.

In general I think the changes will be well received by most but that has not been my argument over time.

I believe I've been consistent in my criticism of the implementation (very poor) of recent updates that have had a number of initial bugs, disabled well established scripts, & have had no information in the game's own help section (eg there is still NO explanation of how the 3 options in the mass recruit page are supposed to work in the so called "Help" section).

Whilst development of the game is a necessary step to stem the flow of customers going elsewhere, I believe that you are going about it in totally the wrong way & trying to level the playing field instead of allowing the cream to rise.

Having to suddenly re-learn basic aspects of gameplay during a war means that there is a pause, & those who are active on the frontlines are disadvantaged compared with the turtles on the backlines who can take their time to learn the new systems.
This in effect punishes the aggressive players & rewards the sim-city players.

This is supposed to be a war game & I believe that current policies regarding updates on established worlds are detrimental to that.

DeletedUser

Just a simple Question.

In troops Manager i created two templates with my offense and defense nukes.
I add the templates to my offense and defensive villages.

How the manager works.
Cause testing it i saw that it added actually no same times for each to be created even it had the res to do so. What i mean with this.
It added

50 axes that needed 1,25hrs to be finish
20 LC that needed 1,1hrs to be finish
10 rams that needed 2,25hrs to be finish.

The ration of total numbers ofc was now 50:20:10.
My nuke was 6400 axes/3000 LC so its actually 128/150.

Any ideas what i do wrong, or how it works in action?

Sorry for my English.