Discussion: No hauls world

DeletedUser

Good job putting your foot in your mouths trying to argue for the sake of arguement.

Why are mods sitting here argueing technicalities with customers in the first place?

You guys are stressing over teh technicalities... Sure, technically speaking HP is free if you are of teh first 5000 the get into the world... The world is coming to it's end and there is still 4,581 players according to TWStats... So your "I don't believe" statement is pretty ridiculous, Morthy. I got the message myself when I tried to join and so did my friend Felix and my friend Steve. Try another technicality? :p

Oh, Charmander.. Great attempt.. So, my new friends that came here should join worlds 40 - 55 right? Worlds that are over 4 months old ? That's what you recommend for a beginner?

I'll say it again... You mods do whatever you want to do.. Anybody that says anything otherwise you'll jump all over them... So how is this working for you and the community here, mods? Why is the member-base being gutted almost daily? What's that, 300,000 lost users in 2 years since I joined now? ^_^

You sure it's not your arguementative attitudes towards customer complaints? Do you think if I went into Wal-Mart to complain abotu a cashier clerk, that I'd have to file my complaint in private at the back of the store to some hyped up manager who gets in a tit-for-tat arguement with me over the issue? I think it's about time you people start acting a little professional, 'cause we pay for this service. Maybe you should start treating us that way and not as though it's a priviledge to be here, because it's not. ^_^

//mpw

You could probably read the comments above, the mods did not have an argumentative attitude. We simply responded to your complaints. If you don't like that then honestly I have no idea what to say.

Look, we can't please everybody. If you wish to believe that you are the only person who plays TW, then continue to think so. But don't get mad at the mods because of it.
If you don't like the settings of W56 then join another world. There are plenty of open ones. To suggest there are no alternatives to W56 is quite frankly absurd.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser94483

wolf i think he was referring to the lack of NEW world options out there for new beginners the release of worlds i understand is probably slower then when i first joined because of certain reasons but...because of the way most of the players left on the open worlds are playing on any world that is not new or you do not already have a set up protector on is more then just difficult and not friendly to new players that wish to learn the game.

DeletedUser

Better to join a 4 month old world for a beginner than a 1 week old world. Have you ever played this game?

After 4 months rim grows so slow, that you easely can join at the spot, where your neighbours are already weeks ahead. That is not fair even for experienced player, not speaking about newcomers.

As for the "forcing" people into it without other options what are you talking about. No-one is forced to join anything.

I am sure he meant "providing no alternative" under "forcing". If I understood Morphy correctly, he see W56 as a kind of experment, which will not become a rule in the nearest future, so we will be waiting longer time for a second "no haul" world. All this time W56 will be the only alternative if you want to play instead of working as farming robot.

mattcurr

After 4 months rim grows so slow, that you easely can join at the spot, where your neighbours are already weeks ahead. That is not fair even for experienced player, not speaking about newcomers.

Much of the rim on w55 is inactive and not as you just described
http://en55.tribalwars.net/guest.php?screen=map

I am sure he meant "providing no alternative" under "forcing". If I understood Morphy correctly, he see W56 as a kind of experment, which will not become a rule in the nearest future, so we will be waiting longer time for a second "no haul" world. All this time W56 will be the only alternative if you want to play instead of working as farming robot.
I provided a counter argument for this statement already. You actually misunderstood what he said and reversed what his argument was:icon_redface:

Previous counter argument V
[spoil]Now try this logic on for size! You hate this no hauls. Well I hate packets. So should I bitch every time a packet world is released with no alternative coin world released. No because that is ass-backwards dumb. They cant released 200 worlds at the same time. Or are you a special costumer and they should always just pander to you specifically![/spoil]

DeletedUser

You actually misunderstood what he said and reversed what his argument was:icon_redface:

No, actually, he understood and reiterated my arguement perfectly fine.

World 56 was opened by itself. In that way, we had no viable alternative and were "forced" into joining it. HP did reach the limit, at least to the extent that two of my friends could not join it without the premium points so I could really care less what Morthy has to say about the matter.. Reality is, that blocked 2 brand new players from joining this community. Good job, Morthy. Instead of actually looking into the matter once again you blindly argue with the customer.

To the Troll who wants to be a mod:
It's over.. Sorry you missed your chance to come swooping in to the Mod's defense.. Nobody cares anymore. I've already given up on this community. Whatever the mods desire is what will happen, they have even stated that quite clearly themselves, in fact I could quote Morthy if I gave a care.. Why should I, though? If you want the quote, go find it: It was in the discussion about rule changes and the requests for clarifications to rules (So hotheaded mods like Morthy couldn't ban people simply because he was losing a debate with them..)

Message to the almighty Mods: Why should wesit here and defend a legitimate complaint made by numerous players, multiple times? You guys need to give your head a shake, in my personal opinion and stop arguing with the customers.

mattcurr

To the Troll who wants to be a mod:
It's over.. Sorry you missed your chance to come swooping in to the Mod's defense.. Nobody cares anymore. I've already given up on this community. Whatever the mods desire is what will happen, they have even stated that quite clearly themselves, in fact I could quote Morthy if I gave a care.. Why should I, though? If you want the quote, go find it: It was in the discussion about rule changes and the requests for clarifications to rules (So hotheaded mods like Morthy couldn't ban people simply because he was losing a debate with them..)

Was a mod, I quit. I would never want to be one again, for my own personal reasons, and i disagree with a lot of what the mods do. Fact is you are not very bright. And I proved why in a multitude of ways you failed to read. I dont need to like or agree with the mods to realize you're an idiot. Also a troll is someone who starts arguments, you started an argument, I just shut down everything you said with sound reasoning you have no counter for. It is the reason you did not quote my original post and did not counter any actual point I made. Pointing out that someone is wrong does not make you a troll. Continuing to argue when you are clearly wrong does make you a troll

World 56 was opened by itself. In that way, we had no viable alternative and were "forced" into joining it

Again by this logic a new player is always forced to join a specific rule type, and game settings. Your argument is null and void, you only take issue with it because it is a specific rule type you did not like:icon_neutral:

A fact you have yet to counter.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Fact is you are not very bright. I dont need to like or agree with the mods to realize you're an idiot.

Wow.. And I'm the one that's not very bright? :icon_rolleyes:

mattcurr said:
Again by this logic a new player is always forced to join a specific rule type, and game settings.

My arguement, in a nutshell (I'll try to speak slowly and not use so many words, Matt..) was that world 56 was opened all by itself and used settings that a lot of players did not want.

I suggested, as did others, that the world should have been opened alongside a more traditional world. This would not have alienated your core base of customers so much. In fact, a number of alternative approaches were suggested. Shame it all went over your head, Matt.

mattcurr said:
I just shut down everything you said with sound reasoning you have no counter for
No, you really didn't. YOu missed the entire point I made, 'cause you couldn't understand the basic english I was using. That's not my fault, Matt. Go back to your rock.. You are the troll, as I was clearly taking a shot at the mods.

They replied, I gave up... Then you tried to beat the dead horse with a stick.

I don't even have to reply, really, but it's just too funny. You basically put your own foot in your mouth for me. Just felt it would be nice to point it out.

mattcurr said:
Was a mod, I quit.

This fact really re-enforced my point about where your head was stuffed and provides motive for your blind defense of the current mods :icon_redface:

//mpw

mattcurr

No, you really didn't. YOu missed the entire point I made, 'cause you couldn't understand the basic english I was using. That's not my fault, Matt. Go back to your rock.. You are the troll, as I was clearly taking a shot at the mods.

I realize you were taking a shot at the mods, but you did it illogically. You were wrong. It doesnt matter who it was about you are still wrong.
I don't even have to reply, really, but it's just too funny. You basically put your own foot in your mouth for me. Just felt it would be nice to point it out.
Please show where I put my foot in my mouth. I showed why they no longer release multiple worlds at a time. I showed why your argument was illogical. I showed basically that you are an angry kid with a key board and you failed to disprove any of it. Just stating my foot is in my mouth is not a counter argument you just look very dumb.

//mpw[/QUOTE]
Also, nice point about being an ex-mod.. It really re-enforced my point about where your head was stuffed and provides motive for your blind defense of the current mods :icon_redface:
Not if you had actually read what I said. You can ask morthy, we do not see eye to eye on anything, I loathe of most of the mods. It countermands your point not support it.

I suggested, as did others, that the world should have been opened alongside a more traditional world. This would not have alienated your core base of customers so much. In fact, a number of alternative approaches were suggested. Shame it all went over your head, Matt.

Again as previously stated, they used to release 2 worlds at a time. There was an outrage by the community to stop it. So basically they listened to the opinions of the people and now you fault them for it?

Are you pretending to be this dumb or is it an act.

Last edited:

2hot2handle

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Also, nice point about being an ex-mod.. It really re-enforced my point about where your head was stuffed and provides motive for your blind defense of the current mods :icon_redface:

//mpw

I read this page and there was a lot to reply too , then I read this and just couldn't stop laughing .

<3

A humble player

Wow.. And I'm the one that's not very bright? :icon_rolleyes:
Ad hominim
My arguement, in a nutshell (I'll try to speak slowly and not use so many words, Matt..)
Ad hominim
was that world 56 was opened all by itself and used settings that a lot of players did not want.
Argumentum ad populum (and a bad one at that)
Mind Projection Fallacy
I suggested, as did others, that the world should have been opened alongside a more traditional world.
Appeal to authority
This would not have alienated your core base of customers so much.
Straw man
Mind Projection Fallacy
Wishful thinking fallacy
In fact, a number of alternative approaches were suggested. Shame it all went over your head, Matt.
ad hominim
mind projection fallacy
ad hominim
straw man
They replied, I gave up... Then you tried to beat the dead horse with a stick.
mind projection fallacy
This one deserved more than pointing out the fallacies though. You posted, he responded (with no posts in between), this was repeated with one post by another person, then you said this. I see no giving up or even them replying, especially since your last post toward morthy began with "Good job putting your foot in your mouths trying to argue for the sake of arguement."
ad hominim
straw man
This fact really re-enforced my point about where your head was stuffed and provides motive for your blind defense of the current mods :icon_redface:

//mpw
Fallacy of quoting out of context
straw man

DeletedUser

[SPOIL]Ad hominim

Ad hominim

Argumentum ad populum (and a bad one at that)
Mind Projection Fallacy

Appeal to authority

Straw man
Mind Projection Fallacy
Wishful thinking fallacy

ad hominim
mind projection fallacy

ad hominim
straw man

mind projection fallacy
This one deserved more than pointing out the fallacies though. You posted, he responded (with no posts in between), this was repeated with one post by another person, then you said this. I see no giving up or even them replying, especially since your last post toward morthy began with "Good job putting your foot in your mouths trying to argue for the sake of arguement."

ad hominim
straw man

Fallacy of quoting out of context
straw man[/SPOIL]

Arguing with someone who says "lol": -10 points.

Wallam

Well I just joined, and its very nice not to have to farm.

I will say this however, if you get people to send you ress/troops (I have both :icon_redface:) you will utterly cream your area, just because the other people without contacts do not have an alternative (farming) to get the ress from a different source. Maybe you should put a restriction on receiving ress when you join the world/restart on the rim just to even it up a bit?

Just a thought.

DeletedUser93439

Do you mean a no free trading that is player time based as the BP is?

DeletedUser

lawl Zard. Except for the fact it's actually "ad hominem" that was a pretty funny post.

DeletedUser93439

Do you mean a no free trading that is player time based as the BP is?

DeletedUser98234

dunno if anyone posted already but I think it would be a good idea to have a high speed no haul world

it would make the world relatively fast and everyone wouldn't have to worry about farming and activity as much as strategy and tactical gameplay

let me know guys if you agree!

DeletedUser

dunno if anyone posted already but I think it would be a good idea to have a high speed no haul world

it would make the world relatively fast and everyone wouldn't have to worry about farming and activity as much as strategy and tactical gameplay

let me know guys if you agree!

That really makes no sense... why would you have high speed, something that requires more activity, mixed with no hauls, something that requires less activity. Go with one or the other but they really don't mix, it ends up requiring a similar amount of activity.