Discussion: No hauls world

DeletedUser98234

That really makes no sense... why would you have high speed, something that requires more activity, mixed with no hauls, something that requires less activity. Go with one or the other but they really don't mix, it ends up requiring a similar amount of activity.

It actually makes more sense than with farming

you don't depend on farming but how you build your village and with high speed it goes faster meaning you need to be active, not to farm but to build your village smarter than the others

of course later when nobody usually farms in normal worlds it gets very active with lots of resources so thats the only problem I found in this theory

DeletedUser

hate packets.. thats all what I can say. ha ha

Coincidently, in response to the recent survey, I came here to express my unwillingness to play packet/tier tech worlds. However, I would give another no haul world a go. That makes it difficult to answer the survey:
Yes, I prefer no hauls worlds
Yes, because I'll play any world
No, I don't like not being able to farm
No, I'm not planning on playing any more worlds

DeletedUser

It actually makes more sense than with farming

you don't depend on farming but how you build your village and with high speed it goes faster meaning you need to be active, not to farm but to build your village smarter than the others

of course later when nobody usually farms in normal worlds it gets very active with lots of resources so thats the only problem I found in this theory

The problem with this is that World 56 was billed as a world for people who were less active, because there was no farming. In practice, this has actually turned out to be the opposite (At least in my experience).

If you are less active, you don't grow your village as quickly, and therefore do not have the resources to compete, because you can't login for 10 minutes, send out a few farming runs and get some much needed resources.

Having played this world from day 1... I can honestly say that I am much more active on this world than I am on any others I have played, simply because I have to be active in order to grow my resources, instead of farm them.

Furthermore, I have to be even more active because I am much more likely to be nobled now, since other players can't farm for resources, the only thing they can do to get more, is noble villages.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

For the record, I have mucked around in W56 to check on the concept of a no hauls world, & I'd have to say that the other settings certainly complicate the question of whether a no hauls world is worthwhile.

In basic terms - it's really expensive.

The 10 tech system (rather than simple tech) & packets (rather than coins) have made W56 somewhat more complex & when you add the speed setting I would contest the claim that W56 is a low activity world.

Currently pretty much everybody has too much clay (if the 99 pages of offers within 24 hours of me is any indicator) as they lose troops & cannot then farm & mint to establish some balance.

Barb nobling is actually more common on this world than most others, as barbarian villages have zero value to players.

Whilst it has been an interesting experiment, (& perhaps a later world with different settings might be successful) I'd suggest that for now W56 is likely to be the only no hauls world for quite some time.

DeletedUser

I personally am having a lot of fun with w56. I hate farming, it is tedious and mindless after you have a 30x30 of pretty much dead villages around you and you're sending out 100 groups of lcav around the clock. I would rather eat sand, but it's basically what you have to do to get an optimal start for your first few villages. But it is mindless and horrible.

I like w56 because I can just sit back and do my stuff, then come back when I have the resources to do more. It takes a lot of the grind out of this game.

DeletedUser

farming should on auto.. like an ability to mark a village as farm, once you have actually farmed the village (for barbs only), and you automaticly get the res from the village ;op

DeletedUser

I really liked W56.

What enternainment you get, while farming barbarians. It is pointless.
I haul world the most important part is farming, and farming require activity.

So in haul orld activity become an esential part.

DeletedUser

I really want to do another now haul world. Its really fun. Or at least minimal haul.

DeletedUser

I would be willing to do another No Haul but maybe with different Tech setup. The rest is fine.

DeletedUser

another no haul world would be excellent for those of us who enjoyed 56 but no longer play it.

DeletedUser

another no haul world would be excellent for those of us who enjoyed 56 but no longer play it.

I agree.

And farming is too time consuming. The fact that it is generally an imperative in the 'formula' for success often discourages many new players from continuing playing.

I would love to see another remake of W56, with similar or possibly faster settings..

DeletedUser

If they made another no hauls world, i would like it to be without bonus villages.

monsterbro

i would love other no haul world not this stupid limit haul thing. I want no haul

DeletedUser

I don't think it's fair to attack a player, kill their troops, lose troops of your own in the process, for a null benefit. I mean, in my opinion, maybe the answer is to generate resources from killing units?

So, you have a zero hauls world, but, as the attacker, if your attack survives, you gain resources from all the units you killed. Would make farming pointless, but attacking very lucrative.

DeletedUser

I don't think it's fair to attack a player, kill their troops, lose troops of your own in the process, for a null benefit. I mean, in my opinion, maybe the answer is to generate resources from killing units?

So, you have a zero hauls world, but, as the attacker, if your attack survives, you gain resources from all the units you killed. Would make farming pointless, but attacking very lucrative.

So it'd be like you steal the equipment from their bodies or something? Not a bad idea, actually. Make a suggestion thread for it.

DeletedUser

That's actually a good idea! Would definitely make the early game more competitive, and filled with more wars!

DeletedUser104399

Would make newbies leave, and every one would be offensive.

DeletedUser

I don't have an issue with everyone being offensive, just means more/faster nobling, more action, isn't that what we all look for in a world?