Discussion: No hauls world

DeletedUser

I'm not looking for a world without defense, my statement was in direct response to nordulv above me who is concerned everyone would play offensive, if they offered resources for attacking on a no hauls world.

I personally could do with more attacking as a result of being able to gain loot from killed defending troops on a no haul world. I've never seen you as the type who'd prefer sim barb type worlds Muldie, where everyone runs around nobling barbs, and shies away from actual wars? Or did I interpret your response wrong?

DeletedUser

For the record, I have mucked around in W56 to check on the concept of a no hauls world, & I'd have to say that the other settings certainly complicate the question of whether a no hauls world is worthwhile.

In basic terms - it's really expensive.

The 10 tech system (rather than simple tech) & packets (rather than coins) have made W56 somewhat more complex & when you add the speed setting I would contest the claim that W56 is a low activity world.

Currently pretty much everybody has too much clay (if the 99 pages of offers within 24 hours of me is any indicator) as they lose troops & cannot then farm & mint to establish some balance.

Barb nobling is actually more common on this world than most others, as barbarian villages have zero value to players.

Whilst it has been an interesting experiment, (& perhaps a later world with different settings might be successful) I'd suggest that for now W56 is likely to be the only no hauls world for quite some time.

w56 player here and whatever you said are WRONG. :)

first error is you think Packets are more expensive than coins. so wrong even in normal worlds...in w56 its SO MUCH cheaper cause we started with half price packets.

W56 has the most activity between the rest of 5x worlds.

everyone begs for clay here for sake of packing. barb nobling is not as half common as it is in so many other worlds. like 22 , like w50 like 13 like 44 becuz they growth to 600-700points only.

the only thing that annoy me is high speed. you build and kill troops so fast. and without farming you obviously meet hard times replacing them fast enough. so what tw did in w61 was kinda wise to have extra 33% production without really speeding up the world.

Last edited by a moderator:

Muldie325

I personally could do with more attacking as a result of being able to gain loot from killed defending troops on a no haul world. I've never seen you as the type who'd prefer sim barb type worlds Muldie, where everyone runs around nobling barbs, and shies away from actual wars? Or did I interpret your response wrong?

No I just don't have the activity to manage that kind of thing any more. I prefer .5 speed worlds.. and no/limited haul worlds mostly. :)

This idea sounds like it would make the game really intense and I could see it doing well on a high performance world.. but in an actual world it'd probably just make most people quit fast when they lose their O and can't recover. Leaving you with huge seas of grey. So as a result for trying to make for more action, you'd still end up with quite a quiet world (after the first couple of weeks).

DeletedUser

If you end up using that rule for a server, could you at least put some premium in my bank? Rofl :p (worth a try)

DeletedUser

No I just don't have the activity to manage that kind of thing any more. I prefer .5 speed worlds.. and no/limited haul worlds mostly. :)

This idea sounds like it would make the game really intense and I could see it doing well on a high performance world.. but in an actual world it'd probably just make most people quit fast when they lose their O and can't recover. Leaving you with huge seas of grey. So as a result for trying to make for more action, you'd still end up with quite a quiet world (after the first couple of weeks).

That's a solid point as well, enough people already quit when they hit a snag, this could in some ways speed up that issue.

DeletedUser

You necrobumped a thread after 10 months to say that you like a world that's 20 months old?

diegoelgrande

w56 player here and whatever you said are WRONG. :)

first error is you think Packets are more expensive than coins. so wrong even in normal worlds...in w56 its SO MUCH cheaper cause we started with half price packets.

W56 has the most activity between the rest of 5x worlds.

everyone begs for clay here for sake of packing. barb nobling is not as half common as it is in so many other worlds. like 22 , like w50 like 13 like 44 becuz they growth to 600-700points only.

the only thing that annoy me is high speed. you build and kill troops so fast. and without farming you obviously meet hard times replacing them fast enough. so what tw did in w61 was kinda wise to have extra 33% production without really speeding up the world.

Agree with you in everything.

Packets system equilibrates the need of iron to recruiting troops and the need of clay to storage, making the market a very important part of your village.

No haul world allow people with less time to farm the whole day to be competitive. In No Haul worlds (NHW) I find that fighting is the only way you have to grow fast. In other world you can farm a lot, noble barbs and keep growing fast (IMO of course).

And the extra resources are perfect is NHW, otherwise, as you said before, it would be very hard. :)

Thanks for your attention, and I wish a new NHW open soon. :D

DeletedUser

It took you nearly two years to decide whether or not you liked it?

MR.MR

and theres no guarantee that it wont be til w79 that there is a no haul. They won't do a haul-world on an even numbered world due to the vast unfairness of being able to buy extra resources on a world that wouldn't otherwise allow you to have any more resurces than your mine produce, so W77, W79, or W81 will likely be a no-haul world...