Discussion: Recap and update: Settings changes on older worlds

DeletedUser

also, nice war stats, 20x their take's is an obvious reason to close the world early.

Pretty much every world that has a single tribe above 50% dominance or so has stats along these lines. That's why people get angry, because the wars are all over but you still have to log in and noble endlessly.

DeletedUser71750

Pretty much every world that has a single tribe above 50% dominance or so has stats along these lines. That's why people get angry, because the wars are all over but you still have to log in and noble endlessly.

lol, i was under the impression most worlds go dead, or enter stalemate's.

such as w29, or w36

DeletedUser

lol, i was under the impression most worlds go dead, or enter stalemate's.

such as w29, or w36

Not really, most worlds are usually one-sided (with exceptions of course, but in general) of one side slowly munching their way through the rest. It gets more and more apathetic, on both sides, so the stats don't really change.

People spend less energy attacking, but the enemy spends less energy defending, it's like watching two people fight in a retirement home. It's not fun at all.

DeletedUser

w41

I know my world has not been open anywhere near as long as some of the others. But I am curious about getting restarts finished. My tribe currently owns more then 85% of villages. As for points there is no comparison. We are below 400 players but many of these are 0 pointers or 116 point villages. This is getting to be a long slog. We are enjoying fighting the few players who have a decent amount of villages outside the tribe, but we may need to change tactics and start taking out all the small players with a single village to drop below the 300 point threshold for disabling restarts. Many of these small players on our world are still around merely because they want to delay our win.

Again I know our world has only been around for about two years but based on our world and world speed this might be the time for some decisions outside the endgame rules that have been posted. The posted rules did say:
However, we are aware that all worlds are different and so for some it would take a very long time to trigger the vote. We will also accept requests from tribe leaders for the vote to start on a case by case basis. These will be carefully considered by our team and then either accepted/declined. If declined you must wait another 3 months before sending in a request. Please do not send in a request unless your tribe or your alliance has at least 70% domination.

I wonder if a request for a slight modification for our world might be in order as far as disabling restarts is concerned.

In addition I am looking forward to 1/3 price nobles. we have had well below 500 players for a couple weeks now.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

w41 Stats

These stats take into consideration ALL tribes over 100k against Axes:

Side 1:
Tribes: AXES
Side 2:
Tribes: FRESH, |X|, =RS=, IDK.., FTRAP, PROFI, TMM, [R], PUDDI, [O], A.S, =RT=, AXdemy, BA

Timeframe: Forever

Total conquers against opposite side:

Side 1: 9,577
Side 2: 892
Difference: 8,685

chart

Points value of total conquers against opposite side:

Side 1: 88,733,304
Side 2: 8,446,415
Difference: 80,286,889

chart

DeletedUser

Well said backwards personally i wish nubz would shut their mouths when they have not felt the effects of playing a world with no more resistance and it just gets dragged out by admin. Endgame has now been announced but still we have to wait even if you have passed the 85% dominance because admin just doesnt have the time.

Even 85% doesn't look promising because I have yet to see any answers on the voting process. What if we get out-voted? What if the remaining people are just bitter and vote not to end it? Are we condemned to slog another year just to finish at 100%??

DeletedUser

You need to shut your mouth and just be happy when someone comes back to you ....... ;)

They are too busy with more important stuff.

DeletedUser

Told you their too busy . Just be gratefull the servers still running

Shadryk 01

If TW admins took the time to personally respond to every grievance posted, nothing else would get done.

After an issue's been settled, you need to tune out the noise, sit down with your "to-do" list and bang out the work. Many of us spend 10+ hours/week just running our tribes. I can't imagine the workload involved with running 57 worlds.

Also, I wonder if the Admin(s) need to run every world setting change past the InnoGames project manager(s). Depending on the level of oversight & time-zone issues, the communication between the InnoGames corporate staff and their off-site game admin staff might slow progress down.

Having said all that, I do hope they shortly review the worlds for appropriate setting changes.

...I actually have no clue how they're organized. Just some random thoughts. :p

Last edited:

DeletedUser

What Backwards is asking is an essential question which if they planned out properly should take less than a minute to reply. He isn't asking to change the rules, he is simply asking what the terms are as it was unclear. If the whole team can't respond to a simple question I don't really see the point of having discussion threads.

DeletedUser

Just be gratefull for what you get and shut your mouths , cause the TW admin people are too busy for these trivial questions. Geez I wonder how much work it is to run our W33 ? Must keep them very busy hey (Resetting the server every week) !!!

They should just close this thread as it serves no purpose. ( Never did tbh)

Oh and the changes you need to implement on W33 ( Since weve passed the 85% mark more than a week ago , you might as well leave it , at the rate you guys take to implement something we would be well on our way to 100% dominance by the time you get to implement the vote , let alone the morale penalty reversals.....

Pathetic PR to say the least.

busamad

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
I'm with backwards on this as to me it should be a simple answer.

On a slow world with no tribes fighting back there is a massive gap between the 70% needed to request a vote & 100% I would say much longer than 6 months so we are either stuck with a lets end it now option (which for us would mean nothing else needed to be done but to stop our accounts going barb)

Or a lets keep going for what could be over a year with no result.

It looks obvious that at some point there needs to be a trigger to raise the vote again.

-----------------------------------------

I'm also unsure what this means:

when all enemy opposition has been nobled out of the world

That to me is not the same as 100% of player owned villages. If it is then why not just say 100% of player owned villages.

DeletedUser

Just be gratefull for what you get and shut your mouths , cause the TW admin people are too busy for these trivial questions. Geez I wonder how much work it is to run our W33 ? Must keep them very busy hey (Resetting the server every week) !!!

They should just close this thread as it serves no purpose. ( Never did tbh)

Oh and the changes you need to implement on W33 ( Since weve passed the 85% mark more than a week ago , you might as well leave it , at the rate you guys take to implement something we would be well on our way to 100% dominance by the time you get to implement the vote , let alone the morale penalty reversals.....

Pathetic PR to say the least.

What world do you live in, ever heard the saying 'The Customer is always right'? Have you ever walked into a store and was denied the right to ask a question as to a possible fault?

On average we've payed $60 per person to play just on w.21, that amasses to $6780 for the top two tribes.

If the team can't take a minute out of their time to answer what is a crucial question they should start re-thinking how they function. They're a company, they need to be here to provide proper service. I'm sure Morthy is busy, but if not him there should be a replacement to answer these basic questions.

DeletedUser

D@mn this, we're not even making demands we're asking for clarification.

DeletedUser

Going to collate all my questions together in case it got missed.

Sean - that is possible but morale and re-starts need to go once the mopping up stage starts, which could differ from world to world. Once the stats become severely lop-sided, you're mopping up. Its as simple as that.

The more I think about it, the more I think the voting part is bad. To get a custom end-game you're asking the winners (the minority) to vote against the losers (the majority) and pray for their goodwill. We're talking potentially about people who keep re-starting just to prevent a world from ending.

Morthy are the latest updates set in stone or are you still open to what we're saying?

Still waiting for an answer...

Why must there be a voting when the winning tribe will likely be the minority in terms of player numbers? Is the voting set in stone then? Are we condemned to do 100% if the voting goes badly at 70%?

Also wondering why morale and restarts need to be removed together? When a world closes it should be the end of restarts. Morale removal can come later.

DeletedUser

@ Shtaal

I`m at my wits end with TW admin . They always seem to busy to do anything , except bring an update out every now and again. On W33 we are well on our way to 90 percent , and still not even the voting poll has been set up yet , so why even bother with this thread , as clearly they do what they want WHEN they want. We just need to keep the premium going.

Thats why I`m leaving this game as soon as we end W33 , with or without their help.

A humble player

@ Shtaal

I`m at my wits end with TW admin . They always seem to busy to do anything , except bring an update out every now and again. On W33 we are well on our way to 90 percent , and still not even the voting poll has been set up yet , so why even bother with this thread , as clearly they do what they want WHEN they want. We just need to keep the premium going.

Thats why I`m leaving this game as soon as we end W33 , with or without their help.

You should read Morthy's announcements, they said that there would be a lag time of a month or two for finalization of procedure and approval. Morthy's last update to the suggested procedure was under a month ago.

DeletedUser95913

Acid, end game has started...

Still no removal of moral yet...

Dear players,

This world has now arrived at a stage where it's clear one tribe/alliance has control of the world. The decision as to when the world should be closed is now up to you, the players.

Please go to Settings->Surveys to vote in the poll.

Note that if two tribes are attempting an allied victory together the world will still close, but the rank one tribe will be declared as the winner.

Lastly, should an alliance or tribe break up the end of the world will be delayed until a tribe/alliance has secured a sufficient majority.

For more info on the ending of worlds, please review the final section of this announcement.

Note: On some worlds the available poll options may be different due to varying circumstances.

Thanks for playing,

Jon/Morthy
Community Manager