Discussion: Rescue the Royalty!

DeletedUser656

Rescue the Royalty!

Dear players,

The Royalty needs you!

All across the land rumors spread that strange monsters have captured princes and princesses of various kingdoms, and are holding them captive in secluded caves.
The royal family members need heroes to come and save them, they will show their gratitude to their rescuers!

RtR2015banner.png

Event start: 26.05.15

Event end: 09.06.15

This event will be active on all standard and casual worlds.

Exploring and fighting the monsters

The caves where the monsters hide with their hostages will appear on the event screen once the event starts.
You can access the event screen via the village overview or the crown icon on the top right corner

RtR2015icon.PNG

You can explore each type of cave to find out what type of monster is hiding inside. It will take some time, as will fighting the monsters.

RtR2015cave.PNG

But be warned! Monsters cannot be defeated by any type of unit. You will need to find the proper kind to defeat the monster in a one on one battle. You first need to explore the cave, identify the monster hiding inside and then send the correct unit to defeat it. Follow the hints to be successful!

RtR2015monster1.png

Once you have sent the appropriate hero and slain the monster, you can bring the prince or princess back to your village.

Taking care of the Royalty

Your villages contain rooms to receive these important guests, and you can have your freshly rescued princes and princesses wait in those rooms until you require their service.

RtR2015rooms.PNG

The different princes and princesses grant different kind of bonuses, and they will provide you with these bonuses to show their gratitude if you decide to activate them.
You can only have one active Royalty at any time. If you are not interested by the service procured by a royal member, you can dismiss it to leave more room for a more interesting one. You can also dismiss an active Royalty if you no longer need it or found a better one.

RtR2015Royalty.PNG

Once you activate a prince or princess, they will provide their bonus for 8 hours.
You can also decide to extend their service, or strengthen their bonus.

To do so, you can use a new currency only available for the event: silver.
You will receive a small amount every day, but you can also earn silver by doing the daily quests related to the event.

RtR2015silver.PNG

Once the event ends all royalty members will leave their rooms, all the active royalty effects will end.

You can see more of the event in this YouTube video

Go rescue the Royalty!

Ignoramus of the Law

This has to be the dumbest Royal family ever. Not too long time ago we saved them again from all kind of monsters. Now, they are in that exact situation again.

Stay inside. It is not like you have to go out and work the fields!

d4m0

It's buggy on my mobile device, I explored a cave (from my pc) and found an elephant but now i'm trying to send the right troop at it and the button just won't work :( i'm not using the app, just the mobile version.

Edit: oh, now i see, i was in an off village with no spears... well there's still a bug in the sense that a warning message didn't pop up as i expect it would on the full version.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Anyone having this trouble?

http://gyazo.com/1c9b39479e63829c8575a924f1ab9245

These creatures are smart
They stand in front of the attack button so I can't kill them

But seriously could you guys but a bit of effort into the events
I am managing to kill the creatures by clicking on a specific pixel which is different in every villa

DeletedUser

Maybe I want to use this version of opera for a reason

You shouldn't blame peoples choice of browser

If your game doesn't work with the browser thats your problem

DeletedUser656

Maybe I want to use this version of opera for a reason

You shouldn't blame peoples choice of browser

If your game doesn't work with the browser thats your problem

You use whatever browser you want, but if you use a version that was originally released in 2010 then don't expect websites to work for you. That's on you. The last security update for your version was over 3 years ago which means you're probably vulnerable to nearly every exploit in use today.

MR.MR

Today's quest asks you to spend some of your silver on upgrading your Prince/Princess - I had already used my silver, as a +32% recruit bonus in the middle of war time is too good to not renew... On an even world, you can spend PP to achieve this half of the quest, even if you have zero silver. Sadly, on an odd world, you are stuck sitting on your hands for up to 5 days as you collect the 100 silver/day bonus until you have enough to complete the quest. Just tossing that info out there for anyone who was wary of spending the PP to not get the quest.

1PP = 4 Silver, so 500Silver = 125 PP and 1000 silver = 250PP

Justifi3d

Today's quest asks you to spend some of your silver on upgrading your Prince/Princess - I had already used my silver, as a +32% recruit bonus in the middle of war time is too good to not renew... On an even world, you can spend PP to achieve this half of the quest, even if you have zero silver. Sadly, on an odd world, you are stuck sitting on your hands for up to 5 days as you collect the 100 silver/day bonus until you have enough to complete the quest. Just tossing that info out there for anyone who was wary of spending the PP to not get the quest.

1PP = 4 Silver, so 500Silver = 125 PP and 1000 silver = 250PP

Ahh I had wondered about that, thanks for clearing it up tall and handsome :p

MR.MR

I was thinking about why this thread has had almost no attention, when all other event threads get multiple pages of discussion...

Its because Inno nailed it this year.

This is the most sound event that Inno has given us, and since there is nothing wrong with it, nobody bothers to come and post because, god forbid, anyone admit that 'those lousy corporate p2w sellouts" did something right.

There have been no bugs thusfar. There is no advantage given to size - all players get the same 3 caves to explore. The event requires 2 logins 12 hours apart to provide 24 hours worth of buffs (explore & fight) - the only advantage to activity is getting better/specific royalty, and even if you are on 24/7, you are capped to 11 possible royalty per day, and you can only keep 6 + 1 active. On even worlds, it costs 250PP to extend, and 125pp to upgrade - thats a months worth of PA and FA blown in 8 hours... its cost prohibitive to abuse the extend/upgrade system.

For those who like to take a bit of strategy out of the events, you are covered too - do some extra royalty farming to increase your odds of getting multiple recruit/attack royalty, and plan your op cycles around 24-32 hour blocks of princess guinevere (recruit)... bonus points coordinate with adding/removing rec/attack flags, with a rare Princess G + green recruit flag you cut your recruit times in half!

The quests provide you with a new thing daily to remind you of the event, draw you in. The silver payouts are enough to do the occasional upgrade to enjoy some added bonus.

They even have an award going for the most monsters killed on each world. The overachievers have a reason to be excited about the event, as theres another shiny activity award to pin to your lapel.

So thank you, Inno. This event has been engineered to be fun, mildly strategic, and fair to players of all sizes. There is a cap on how much of an advantage all-day activity provides. This is your best all-around event to date. Its too bad that people only flock to these threads for negativity. Good job, thank you, keep it up.

DeletedUser1082

Ah, so finally today the moneygrabbing nonsensical PP abusing agenda was revealed! I wondered where it'd gone.

DeletedUser111133

Free silver when buying PP ?

Is the offer where you get free silver when you buy PP still valid?
I couldn't find any reference to it any more..