Discussion: Rule change May 2011

mattcurr

You own a theme park? I worked at one and kicking of people is usually the most fun part... all the stupid reasons they can come up with.

No lol. My dad owns an engineering firm I work for a theme park as an employee :icon_razz:

A humble player

Apparently he does, because that's what he's doing. And I'm not ranting about anything. I've been here discussing Morthy's and innogames' poor record on customer service and how their actions do not match up with their claims to be interested in "protecting" their customers. Meanwhile Humble keeps ranting about frivolous tangents, seemingly more interested in provoking a personal flamefest that has no bearing on this discussion. Why you want to come here and defend him on it, I don't know.

Because you are acting like a fool, and taking the discussion away from what is useful to semantics (and yes, however much you claim to not be arguing semantics, you are), that do not actually add anything to what is being discussed.

DeletedUser

Are you going to ever get on topic? Stop being so childish.

:icon_biggrin: Sorry but I think I will save this as a "facepalm fail pic" for further examples of hypocrisy.

Apparently he does, because that's what he's doing. And I'm not ranting about anything. I've been here discussing Morthy's and innogames' poor record on customer service and how their actions do not match up with their claims to be interested in "protecting" their customers. Meanwhile Humble keeps ranting about frivolous tangents, seemingly more interested in provoking a personal flamefest that has no bearing on this discussion. Why you want to come here and defend him on it, I don't know.

Poor customer service record? According to whom, a few people complaining on the forums (who if you have noticed, are the same people who complain in every thread about everything)? Show me how many complaints have been filed with a "Fair Trade" committee, if you are going to slander a business you have to have some kind of proof, not just "a couple of guys were trolling a forum about it."

DeletedUser

Does anyone know besides me that morthy is only like 19 maybe 20 years old, i mean cmon. A game being lead by a kid, thats pretty sad

DeletedUser

Does anyone know besides me that morthy is only like 19 maybe 20 years old, i mean cmon. A game being lead by a kid, thats pretty sad

Would you rather it be someone who is 14, or maybe someone who is 75? He's proven capable of managing it, and effectively, so what difference does his age make? I bet he's older than you anyway.

DeletedUser

Because you are acting like a fool, and taking the discussion away from what is useful to semantics (and yes, however much you claim to not be arguing semantics, you are), that do not actually add anything to what is being discussed.

Are you going to say something on topic? Or are you just going to sit here and continue name calling and lying?

DeletedUser

:icon_biggrin: Sorry but I think I will save this as a "facepalm fail pic" for further examples of hypocrisy.

What are you talking about? Get on topic and on with the actual conversation at hand, or just stay quiet.

Poor customer service record? According to whom, a few people complaining on the forums (who if you have noticed, are the same people who complain in every thread about everything)? Show me how many complaints have been filed with a "Fair Trade" committee, if you are going to slander a business you have to have some kind of proof, not just "a couple of guys were trolling a forum about it."

Really? You want evidence of complaints filed with a fair trade committee? This shows how much you have nothing to say. Customers of the business are issuing complaints, and that is apparently not sufficient evidence that complaints have been issued, because those complaints apparently just don't count. Instead, you want evidence of complaints filed with some hypothetical committee, because apparently those are the only "valid" complaints? I'm not sure what's worse. Your arguments, or the possibility that you might actually believe this nonsense that you're saying.

DeletedUser

It was significantly shorter than your post. Stop arguing semantics.

Stop making accusations that aren't true. If you're not going to actually discuss the topic at hand, then just go away. All you've done here is hijack the thread and used it as one of your ever so frequent tirades and bully attempts.

Oh, and sine you posted, you said TW customer service sucks, 3 people have told you you are wrong. Even the "proof" you have in complaints is outnumbered.
Again, just like your little friend, you seem to suffer from confirmation bias. You only take heed of those who agree with you, and you ignore anything that weighs against your claims. Some people have said here that they think the customer service is good. Some people have said they think it's bad. You're trying to show only half the picture, specifically, your half.

Aside from my replies to the tangents you've created, point to a single post I've made here that is off topic. I'll wait.

DeletedUser

What are you talking about? Get on topic and on with the actual conversation at hand, or just stay quiet.

Your hypocrisy knows no bounds.

Really? You want evidence of complaints filed with a fair trade committee? This shows how much you have nothing to say. Customers of the business are issuing complaints, and that is apparently not sufficient evidence that complaints have been issued, because those complaints apparently just don't count. Instead, you want evidence of complaints filed with some hypothetical committee, because apparently those are the only "valid" complaints? I'm not sure what's worse. Your arguments, or the possibility that you might actually believe this nonsense that you're saying.

You are clearly not paying any attention to this forum, otherwise you would realize that half the people who complain are the people who complain about everything related to game changes without even giving it thought. Both me and humble have been around for long enough to know that but it seems you haven't. If you had any idea, you would realize that you can't take, what, 4 people on the forums complaining as a "global outrage". If they don't care enough to even send in a support ticket, or file a full complaint, then obviously they don't seriously care about it or they would try and change it, but most are just complaining for the sake of complaining, like you. You aren't even against the rule change are you, so what are you trying to prove/disprove? That you think Morthy sucks? And you think that is something that... Is anything? Has any relevance to rule changes?.

All you've done here is hijack the thread

Take a look in this mirror for a sec will you?

Again, just like your little friend, you seem to suffer from confirmation bias. You only take heed of those who agree with you, and you ignore anything that weighs against your claims. Some people have said here that they think the customer service is good. Some people have said they think it's bad. You're trying to show only half the picture, specifically, your half.

I don't even need to explain the hypocrisy and contradiction there, but just in-case you missed is (seeing as you did post it):

If some are for and some are against, what makes the people "against" more important than the people "for"?

Because you are against it and the world revolves around you?

DeletedUser

Your hypocrisy knows no bounds.

What, because I've bothered to reply to your unfounded attacks against me?

You are clearly not paying any attention to this forum, otherwise you would realize that half the people who complain are the people who complain about everything related to game changes without even giving it thought. Both me and humble have been around for long enough to know that but it seems you haven't. If you had any idea, you would realize that you can't take, what, 4 people on the forums complaining as a "global outrage". If they don't care enough to even send in a support ticket, or file a full complaint, then obviously they don't seriously care about it or they would try and change it, but most are just complaining for the sake of complaining, like you. You aren't even against the rule change are you, so what are you trying to prove/disprove? That you think Morthy sucks? And you think that is something that... Is anything? Has any relevance to rule changes?.
Well, I guess it's a good thing that I never said anything about a "global outrage." Not even close. So, stop arguing against things that I never said. And again, you're on about this filing of complaints with some hypothetical committee. Where did you even get that nonsense from?

And, since you obviously haven't been paying attention, I clearly said some time ago that I am against the rule change, regarding the restart mail rule. I'm not one to send restart mails. I'm not good at it, and most the time I just can't be bothered because I'm too busy farming. But I object to the rule because it's vague and can only operate based on the subjective interpretations and because it can only serve to punish people for being skilled and successful at some aspect of the game.

Now, where did I ever say that "Morthy sucks"? Again, you're arguing against things that I never said. I said that Morthy, as an individual, and innogames, as a company, continually demonstrate poor customer service, and that their claims that they are trying to "protect" their customers is not compatible with their history of actions which often hinder their customers as if to punish them for success in the game, as well as other practices and policies that seem to imply that the company is intentionally relying on predatory business practices to fleece their customers.

Take a look in this mirror for a sec will you?
Again, why? Because responding to your attacks against me somehow makes me responsible for you and Humble's thread hijack?

I don't even need to explain the hypocrisy and contradiction there, but just in-case you missed is (seeing as you did post it):

If some are for and some are against, what makes the people "against" more important than the people "for"?

Because you are against it and the world revolves around you?
When did I ever say that the people "against" are more important than others? I never claimed that. Just like I never claimed a "global outrage" as you are trying to put in my mouth. Why can't you have an actual honest discussion? All I said is that there current customers who have complaints, and that there are certain actions by innogames that dissatisfaction with certain aspects of how innogames conducts their business have historically contributed to losses in customer base. I never made an all or nothing argument. I'm not the one who started painting things in that kind of light. You and Humble are the only ones who have made arguments on such basis.

I'm done with this irrelevant blather you two keep going on about. You two should have quit a long time ago, because all you've done is dig yourselves into a really big hole, and have made it clear to anyone reading that you're not interested in an honest discussion about anything. You only came in this thread to go off on tangents and to try to play some kind of bully game, and when you failed to push someone over with force you resorted to dishonesty.

This is a discussion about the rule changes, and how people feel about the way the rules have changed.

A humble player

What, because I've bothered to reply to your unfounded attacks against me?
Erm exactly.

Again, why? Because responding to your attacks against me somehow makes me responsible for you and Humble's thread hijack?
If you stopped posting essays showing how inane you are, I would disappear, trolls like me apparently do that.
When did I ever say that the people "against" are more important than others? I never claimed that. Just like I never claimed a "global outrage" as you are trying to put in my mouth. Why can't you have an actual honest discussion?
I did not have sexual relations with that woman.

This is a discussion about the rule changes, and how people feel about the way the rules have changed.
I support the rule change, it clears up some inconsistencies in the rules and makes them slightly less vague. Apparently this post is now totally on topic (more so than your past 6)

Last edited:

DeletedUser

I also support the clarification of the rules due to the fact that if you are a good player you don't need to take advantage of younger or newer players to succeed, that is not skill, skill would be dominating an active 25X25, not having a 25X25 full of barbs then bragging about your domination of your entire area of 1 player.

Any actually good players will be glad for clarification, and those who need others to fail by some other means in order to succeed will be against.

DeletedUser15106

I'd just like to point out that this thread is for the discussion of the rule edit. Please try to stay on topic, as legitimate questions or concerns could be missed if they are buried in pages of off-topic sparring.

DeletedUser

i also support the clarification of the rules due to the fact that if you are a good player you don't need to take advantage of younger or newer players to succeed, that is not skill, skill would be dominating an active 25x25, not having a 25x25 full of barbs then bragging about your domination of your entire area of 1 player.

Any actually good players will be glad for clarification, and those who need others to fail by some other means in order to succeed will be against.

That again depends on your definition of what skill is.. Nah just joking around :p

+1

DeletedUser100092

get admin first check the worlds before more changed comes up.

allot of players breaking the rules and can play without any action.

and a hint get something who can check bookmark scripts as well.

DeletedUser

If you suspect someone of breaking the rules, please send in a support ticket. There are very few mods compared to the number of players per world. We honestly do not have time to go through every single account all the time to check and see if someone -might- be breaking the rules. Yes, this means that some rule breaking will happen and not be caught without player reports but we answer support tickets and every single report of rule breaches is investigated along with the other checks that we do on our worlds on a routine basis.

DeletedUser100092

Players did fill in support ticked and still nothing happen after it not even a response there.
And i have seen differed punish mends for the same crime maybe because of old worlds have less the attention then the new worlds. IDK

DeletedUser100092

btw its reported 4 days ago by more then 1 player and nothing happening