Discussion: Start of a New High Performance Round.

DeletedUser

Start of a new High Performance

The next HP round will start on Tuesday the 5th May at around 10:00. Pre-registration is available now so you can secure your place and invite your friends. You can login to the world straight away to form your tribe and prepare for the world's start. When the world starts you will be placed near your tribe mates if you are in a tribe.

The world will last for 3 months, ending on the 5th of August. The winning tribe and top 3 players will receive a premium point prize.

The settings

Not sure what some of the settings mean? Click here for more information.

Speed:4.0
Unit speed:0.5
Flags:No
Hauls:No
Paladin:No
Archers:No
Church enabled:No
Noble system:Packets
Morale:None
Fake Limit:1%
Bonus villages:Yes
Barbarian villages:Grow to 1500 points
Tech system:Simple
Beginner protection:2 days
Ratio protection: 10% protection for 3 days.
Tribe limit:8
Farm Limit1000
Noble Distance15 Fields
Other informationNo Milliseconds, Players can move their village using an item if they join the world after pre-registration.

Good Luck to All!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

No milliseconds? So noble trains will be 4 seconds long??

Time-

And to add to the confusion.
Ratio protection:10% protection for 3 days.

What does that mean? :|

Edit:

Found with search.
farm limit: In a village, each farm level will only support a set amount of troops when you're attacked. If the limit is 2000 villagers per level, then a level 30 farm will let your troops defend at the strength of up to 60000 villagers. (If you have just 70000 swordsmen defending, they defend at the strength of 60000 swordsmen instead)
So basically, stacking list will be done very fast. ^^

Last edited:

DeletedUser105718

No milliseconds probably means that the attack that is sent first, arrives first and so on.

Oh! Catting the farm is going to be pretty fun :3 It's going to be pretty interesting, considering the biggest stack you can have is 1.5d

Last edited by a moderator:

twenty-five

Farm limit 1000: So 30 farms support 30k population - no (significant) stacking, by mid-game it's becoming insignificant, by late game it's
nothing.
No Milliseconds: So trains are unsnipable too.

Nice. Defending is gonna be fun.

Time-

Apparently no milliseconds means exactly what it says. If you launch a 4 noble train from one village, it will cover 3 seconds. You can make a train unsnipeable, but for that you would need to send each noble from a different village so they all land on that same second. An attack like that is only stackable, not snipeable.

1k farm limit: Lvl 30 farm will only allow for 30k pop to defend that village. Meaning if the total stationed defense at a village totals 60k pop, that defense will only defend at 30k/60k = 50% capacity. Although that probably still makes it stronger than 30k pop, because on a normal world, a defense worth 60k pop is móre than twice as strong as a defense worth 30k pop. But the more you overstack, the more troops you will lose as it becomes less and less worth it.

Ratio protection: When you start the world, you have 2 days BP, after that you have another short period where you can only be attacked by people that fit within the 10% margin. Meaning a 30k player can't attack targets below 3k. But not sure if those 3 days start when you join, or when BP runs out.

Please correct me if I'm wrong. This game really excels in open knowledge bases. ^^

Last edited:

Viscida Vocatus

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Great to see the community manager only respond to the "pp questions"
Making money is more important then helping to solve the riddle of the settings posted above.

ill be joining for sure!

gargareth

No milliseconds is such an amazing setting, like looking at the settings its basically perfect and then

"Farm Limit 1000"
Tada worst settings basically entirely ruining the game imo.

In combination with no milliseconds it is actually really really bad as the point of no milliseconds is that it removes timing nonsense but the farm limit also removes actual defending (in any kind of efficient manner) so the game basically becomes people going mass O at each other.

I mean it could possibly be interesting maybe but it would (if played well which it won't be) be weird fights with everyone having very high O percentages and using cats and things with lots of backtimes. Some speed players might find it fun I suppose. (More likely is probably that some people manage to grow quicker than everyone else (harder with no hauls obviously) and build some D to defend against smaller tribes and then manages to win

Oh and its also packets which makes recapping silly oh and because of no milliseconds and being unable to defend efficiently backtiming nobles is incredibly strong as well. Also you can't stop yourself from being recapped with support because you can't defend a cap efficiently (more so than usual as farm limit as well as no wall)

Just really horrible. Taking (imo) the best setting in the game and then also adding a horrible setting which manages to also make the best settings actually really horrible. New levels of bad settings.

Idk it will be essentially a different game which could be interesting but I'm tending to doubt it.

Edit:

No milliseconds probably means that the attack that is sent first, arrives first and so on.

Just to clarify (mod can correct if wrong obviously) I'm pretty sure that Slowthinker is right assuming that this is done the same way it was done on uk5 and uk9.

That is that attacks landing on the same second would land based on attack ID (now attack ID shown is random but I would assume the game still uses an unrandomized attack ID or a similar system for organising things) so things sent earlier would have earlier attack ID and land earlier.
That is, if I send a train to land at XXX|YYY at time 12:34:567 and it lands at 23:45 and a nuke at time 13:57:444 and it also lands at 23:45. Then because the train was sent earlier my attacks would land like
Noble 1, Noble 2, Noble 3, Noble 4, Noble 5, Nuke.
So you would (if you want same second timing) need to send nukes from sufficiently further away from trains so that they would be sent first.

Also assuming cheap rebuild you might not want to send trains rather than noble nukes because trains are easier to backtime and you can't defend efficiently vs multiple nukes because of farm limit. Though also if you send from multiple vills you will have to have sent all your nukes first and so the defend then knows that all the nukes are sent once they see a noble incoming and they could (if they chose to) time a bunch of D onto that second that would be sent before any more nobles would land.

So you would get like:
Send Order:
Nuke, Nuke, Nuke, Noble (defender sees noble and knows no more nukes and so send defense to land at this vill on this second) Supports, Noble, Noble, Noble, Noble (because of farm limit they might send later in the train because they can't kill much at all)

And so it would land, Nuke, Nuke, Nuke, Noble, Support, Noble, Noble, Noble, Noble.

Its also the case that you can actually snipe inbetween prenukes and the nobles if you know either where the nobles are coming from (so you know when they will land) or you know how many nukes will be sent (so you know when all the nukes are done) so you can then send defense to land on the correct second but sending just a small amount of time before the train and it will land after prenukes but before the train.

Alternatively if you decide to you could try to send support at the same time as they are sending the train (incredibly unlikely to work assuming t-train as you are basically trying to send inside a potentially like 1ms gap)
So like if you know the second they will send say at 12:34 and they are say 12:00:00 precisely away and you can have people send support trains that will land at 00:34 (same time as their train) then they all send support trains then if you manage to get it so that someone support is sent inbetween the time that the nobles are sent then it will get sniped. (This sounds easy when you think of it in terms of the 50ms attack gap usually but in reality fast trains are actually sent just a few (at most) ms apart and so you are likely trying to send in a perhaps 5ms gap so its really hard to do.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Making money is more important then helping to solve the riddle of the settings posted above.

ill be joining for sure!

They only care about money anymore. Its a joke

DeletedUser

ill be joining for sure!

And it was a response within 2 mins of the question (facepalm) And they wonder why world's keep getting smaller and smaller.

DeletedUser110464

This is probably one of the most unique world settings I've ever seen. With the farm limit I think that will require you to have to defend with a lot more strategy, and isn't strategy fun? The no sniping actually makes it a lot harder on the people who go full offense, as they won't be able to rely on snipes. I think that makes a great combo IMO.

I like the no morale, but the 10% ratio is kinda annoying tbh. The noble distance limit of 15 is pretty tiny too :icon_eek:. I think the lowest I've played before was 30 fields.

gargareth

This is probably one of the most unique world settings I've ever seen. With the farm limit I think that will require you to have to defend with a lot more strategy, and isn't strategy fun? The no sniping actually makes it a lot harder on the people who go full offense, as they won't be able to rely on snipes. I think that makes a great combo IMO.

I like the no morale, but the 10% ratio is kinda annoying tbh. The noble distance limit of 15 is pretty tiny too :icon_eek:. I think the lowest I've played before was 30 fields.

"Ratio protection: 10% protection for 3 days."

10% protection for 3 days on no hauls is really annoying I agree with you. What will we do. THEY HAVE A WHOLE DAY MORE THAN BP!1!!1!!11!!1!

The farm limit makes it impossible to defend efficiently vs anything of a similar size (and things are more of a similar size on no hauls also) so yeah you can't snipe but you also can't defend properly. You can't really do anything but recap. (Some defense will be good for vs smaller tribes and for early game obviously)