Discussion: Start of world 52

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

I am a newb on W51 and 50, wanting to join 52 as soon as possible to start at the very beginning of a world. When does 52 start and how can I join a third world?? I don't know how I joined the second, one day, I suddenly just had an option to log in to another world (50). Thanks for any help

W52 starts today at 17.00 Server Time, that is G.M.T. + 2 at the moment, you can find some additional information by clicking here.

To join another world, when you log in on the home page, you will see the buttons for your two existing worlds, below that you will see a little link 'Show all worlds', just give that a click and a full list of worlds will open up for you to pick from. Pick world 52 when it starts and you will be good to go.

As you are newish, when you join, have a little look around your area for a teaching tribe if you like, they may be able to offer you some extra advice on things you may not have picked up on in your other two worlds.

DeletedUser

who bets all the pro's will join and ruin it for the new players. thinking that there ace because there dominating a world for new players..
typical..

DeletedUser

don't think like that....that's the philosophy behind every thing in the world....
football? you ain't 290lbs so you ain't playing the pro's
Politics? did you go to school? are you personable and articulate with speech?
sex? well....
TW?...do you spend hours and hours with your co-player?

just enjoy what you can...they have reduced the fighting effectiveness of said elites to some extent for World 52...so I see more than a few elites getting dropped by a couple of quick learners in close proximity to each other.

DeletedUser

i think its ok iam in it but everyone wants their own tribe or they ask to join the top one this is a problem.

DeletedUser

If the barbs grow fast it does not encourage you to hit real people for resources it encourages you to hit barbs.

Also because the barbs are growing faster here it also discourages players from choosing a player as a target for nobling. Instead they will just noble a barb.

A humble player

If the barbs grow fast it does not encourage you to hit real people for resources it encourages you to hit barbs.

Also because the barbs are growing faster here it also discourages players from choosing a player as a target for nobling. Instead they will just noble a barb.

which is good for new players.

DeletedUser

which is good for new players.

I would have thought it would be better for new players to learn how to attack other players not barbs. Nobling barbs does not teach them anything. Its good for newbie players only if they want to remain newbie players.

A humble player

I would have thought it would be better for new players to learn how to attack other players not barbs. Nobling barbs does not teach them anything. Its good for newbie players only if they want to remain newbie players.

surviving teaches them something.
I learned more in my first world (well, second...but in my first I was rimmed under a month after starting (hint hint)) than any other world since, and when I quit my first world I didn't know what sniping, backtiming, scout report evaluators, or the like even were.

Surviving and playing teaches you about the game, more than any teacher can.

DeletedUser

Well a bit further into the game, I'd make a few more comments.

Noble train timings. On some worlds it is 250ms spacing. On this world it is 100ms - and if somehow (somehow ??:icon_rolleyes:) a player sends them in less time they will be spaced to that time, so if anybody does cheat (making no accusations) then their train will be 0.300 seconds first to last and there is no sanction against them.
Who cares ? Well if the aim of the world is for people to learn to snipe, defend etc and have a chance of surviving, then how can they defend against such a train unless they have a particularly favourable connection. I know that mine is not stable enough for such split level timing and assume (rightly or wrongly) that most people in a similar situation find the same thing.
I guess/believe/understand that most people learning to snipe (after using a straight forward send/cancel to duck) will bounce their troops off of another village so they can time the return.
WHY does this get retimed to the nearest second ? Surely this makes it impossible for a player to defend themselves against a noble train, defeating the ethos of a game - multiple nobles 'persuading' the village to reduce their loyalty and making it a single attack. This is not an 'elite' or speed world remember - having players build for weeks and lose in the blink of an eyelid with NOTHING they can do will not bring people back.

On a restart - it's a shame if you can't restart near your tribe - you should be in a position where you are at the same level as your neighbours and have BP. If you restart at 100-150 points and have neighbours already near 1000 points with no protection, you might well not find the future very rosy.

Whether fast growing barbs help newbies I don't know - someone could do some data analysis. I do know that it allows experienced players who rushed to LC get ahead of everybody else and get the packets to stay there.

What am I saying ? Well apart from spreading out people to penalise premades, it doesn't seem that friendly to newbies.

Fake limits is a personal thing I suppose, but as a wargame I always thought it made more sense. You 'hear reports' of an incoming attack - several hundred or thousand troops attacking would have that effect. One old fella using his spear as a walking stick would not set the coutryside alight with rumours. I know why people like to have thousands of fakes travelling at once, but for me it is a silly distraction from a wargame. Diversionary attacks yes, silly game ploys no. But that's my view.

A humble player

Well a bit further into the game, I'd make a few more comments.

Noble train timings. On some worlds it is 250ms spacing. On this world it is 100ms - and if somehow (somehow ??:icon_rolleyes:) a player sends them in less time they will be spaced to that time, so if anybody does cheat (making no accusations) then their train will be 0.300 seconds first to last and there is no sanction against them.
This was an improvement on an old rule, which made players have to cancel and resend trains for fears of rule breaking.
Not to mention that 100ms is the largest automatic spacing. Most worlds have between 33 and 50 ms spacing.
Who cares ? Well if the aim of the world is for people to learn to snipe, defend etc and have a chance of surviving, then how can they defend against such a train unless they have a particularly favourable connection. I know that mine is not stable enough for such split level timing and assume (rightly or wrongly) that most people in a similar situation find the same thing.
I can snipe 300ms trains with my feet, and I have a shizzy connection.
I guess/believe/understand that most people learning to snipe (after using a straight forward send/cancel to duck) will bounce their troops off of another village so they can time the return.
WHY does this get retimed to the nearest second ? Surely this makes it impossible for a player to defend themselves against a noble train, defeating the ethos of a game - multiple nobles 'persuading' the village to reduce their loyalty and making it a single attack. This is not an 'elite' or speed world remember - having players build for weeks and lose in the blink of an eyelid with NOTHING they can do will not bring people back.
That is a hardcoded, uneditable setting. The other way to snipe (cancel sniping) fixes this problem.
On a restart - it's a shame if you can't restart near your tribe - you should be in a position where you are at the same level as your neighbours and have BP. If you restart at 100-150 points and have neighbours already near 1000 points with no protection, you might well not find the future very rosy.
So don't get rimmed :?
Whether fast growing barbs help newbies I don't know - someone could do some data analysis. I do know that it allows experienced players who rushed to LC get ahead of everybody else and get the packets to stay there.

What am I saying ? Well apart from spreading out people to penalise premades, it doesn't seem that friendly to newbies.
It prevents those fast growing players from attackign other fast growing players. Would you rather thos eplayer grow at teh same rate, but farm the new players instead?
Fake limits is a personal thing I suppose, but as a wargame I always thought it made more sense. You 'hear reports' of an incoming attack - several hundred or thousand troops attacking would have that effect. One old fella using his spear as a walking stick would not set the coutryside alight with rumours. I know why people like to have thousands of fakes travelling at once, but for me it is a silly distraction from a wargame. Diversionary attacks yes, silly game ploys no. But that's my view.
W52 has a fake limit. It is good.

Status
Not open for further replies.