Discussion: Start of World 77

DeletedUser

I wouldn't go and say that farming requires skill, I'd agree that it requires competence.
It's all about time management, like almost everything in the game.

Clicking through the FA every 30 minutes(often from my phone while doing something else) isn't time consuming imo, but everyone is different.

That's the worst part. It's not time consuming but it's annoying as hell to do.
I don't like putting real life on hold to clicky click my farm runs, I'm sure you don't either.
And before anyone says that no hauls requires the same since if you have to check when you can queue something for maximum efficiency, no it's not the same.
Having your game run in the background and refreshing it once takes no toll out of your life. Having 2 minute click marathons every 30 minutes does. But that's just my opinion.

But for all the farming lovers out there, let me ask you.
If farming "properly", and I use that term loosely at the moment, is the only thing that elevates you above others in your area, are you really that good as you want to think you are?

DeletedUser

I wouldn't go and say that farming requires skill, I'd agree that it requires competence.
It's all about time management, like almost everything in the game.

That's the worst part. It's not time consuming but it's annoying as hell to do.
I don't like putting real life on hold to clicky click my farm runs, I'm sure you don't either.
And before anyone says that no hauls requires the same since if you have to check when you can queue something for maximum efficiency, no it's not the same.
Having your game run in the background and refreshing it once takes no toll out of your life. Having 2 minute click marathons every 30 minutes does. But that's just my opinion.

But for all the farming lovers out there, let me ask you.
If farming "properly", and I use that term loosely at the moment, is the only thing that elevates you above others in your area, are you really that good as you want to think you are?

But then again, nothing in this game requires what could be defined as skill. In a game with such a low "skill cap", the only things separating "noobs" and good players is knowledge of how to do things. That can be seen in the fact that you can teach a willing new player enough to make him good in less than a week. If one considers any aspect of the game "skill", then farming is also a skill.

And back to the farming part, I am not arguing about how much activity farming requires. I am saying that farming requires a lot of thought, more than most are willing to admit. Especially the .net server is notoriously bad when it comes to this.

DeletedUser

That can be seen in the fact that you can teach a willing new player enough to make him good in less than a week.

In theory, yes. In practice, nobody is actually willing enough to learn that fast, and most people don't just take everything that you say as inherent fact, they have to see it in practice and get some experience before they accept some of the things you're teaching them. So it really does take longer than a week for any normal person.

If you can learn this game in a week you are a unicorn, and we need to capture you and study you for science.

DeletedUser

Give us please a Forum Mod for W77 , there's just too many Spam and Off-Topic talks.