Discussion: Start of World 83

DeletedUser656

Start of World 83

World 83 will start on Wednesday the 23rd of September at around 10:00. Pre-registration is available now so you can secure your place and invite your friends. You can login to the world straight away to form your tribe and prepare for the world's start. When the world starts you will be placed near your tribe mates if you are in a tribe.

World 83 is a no hauls world.

The world has a dominance based winning condition. Once a tribe reaches 70% dominance, the world will automatically close to registrations and the endgame phase will begin. At this point, restarts will be disabled. This will last for 90 days, after which automatic peace will come into effect and the world will end shortly after. Only one tribe can win the world. An allied win is not possible.

Additional premium features, such as build time reduction and premium trading are not enabled.

The settings

Not sure what some of the settings mean? Click here for more information.

Speed:2.0
Unit speed:0.5
Flags:No
Hauls:No
Paladin:Yes, new items
Archers:Yes
Church enabled:No
Noble system:Gold coins
Morale:Points and unlimited time based
Bonus villages:Yes
Barbarian villages:Grow to 1500 points
Tech system:Simple tech
Beginner protection:5 days
Tribe limit:40
Other info:Players can choose their starting direction. There will be an attack gap of 250ms. No support gap. There is a fake limit of 1%. Maximum noble distance of 500 fields. Slightly higher resource production rates.

<tbody>
</tbody>

Michael Corleone.

idris-gif.gif

​Attack gap

One Last Ride

Skilled Soldier 2017
Reaction score
lol... it would seem by now inno should know what players like, just give the players what they want...

DeletedUser99229

@morthy can we have a challenging attack gap that will take some skill something like 20-50ms or an 80ms gap something that we will have to work for. The attack gap will throw a lot of people off they want something they can show off the skills they have. #changetheattackgap

kyle

DeletedUser3932

Horrific attack gap.

Wish they would have one without Archers. Last no-hauls was archers too. They also seem stuck on 2 speed, 0.5 unit speed.

Wish they would mix it up a bit.

Taking out pally would be an improvement too.

Seem to just recycle the same formula every world. Even though countless people complain about things (namely the large attack gaps).

DeletedUser

WOOOOOO!!!!! Perfect attack gap btw. dont listen to the haters morthy

Deleted User - 10770065

Horrible settings, most likely dodging this world.

DeletedUser

Call me crazy but does anybody else have the feeling innogames is deliberately picking undesirable settings for the free worlds? In order to make more people play the freemium pay to win worlds so they can make more money out of what community there is left.

Looking at the last year or so of world settings seems that all the non premium feature worlds have so called "undesirable" settings and thus lower player counts. Its a shame because I was really looking forward to a good no hauls world but with these settings its probably going to be another small less active world.

I'm sure people will still play it and have fun but with these settings its not ideal and it will put a lot of people off.

Fake limit, 0.5 unit speed and 250ms attack gap, max noble distance 500 are you expecting the world to be that small? sigh..

Last edited by a moderator:

THE MURPH ALL CAPS

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Any idea why the announcement of the settings was started in the Newsletters and community feedback forum as opposed to the Announcements section? Will this be the case from now on or is it a mistake?

I'm happy to see the world speed at 2.0 but I think that the unit speed is too slow. It's great to see no/flags/hauls/churches. Not a big fan of paladin items or archers but I'll live. That's mainly because I'm used to the simple ways so enjoy not having them, but it's by no means a major issue. Gold coins and packets don't make a massive difference to me, but I prefer coins if I had a choice.

Morale, bonus villages and barbs are all setting that don't impact me hugely. Delighted it's simple tech. Beginner protection lets people get those mines up and settle in.

Tribe limit 40 is good. It suits smaller worlds but unfortunately makes it easier for premades to deal early on. Starting direction is a must. No support gap is good and slightly higher resource production as expected.

So what settings are most important and most surprising? 250ms gap, fake limit and distance. These settings seems to be tailored around newer players and those who don't like defending. Hopefully we will see more people actually defending their own accounts rather than asking for sitters when they receive mass incoming. Also means more experienced players need to use their timing skills more. So if anything, skilled players will have a field day. Less pointless tagging, more focused on skill. It makes the game less focused on whose on more too. It makes solo playing more realistic (defending aspect) and would take the burden of account sitting away from the tribe somewhat. I'm surprised they didn't make it a packets world but that might have just been too extreme.

Worst case scenario - people get fed up of fighting and just merge (but it's not like that's new to no hauls anyway). There won't be any barbs left!

Regardless of the settings, it's still better than 50% of the worlds due to P2P. Hopefully people still join if they were planning to. Worlds aren't as fun the smaller they are. If some of our classic personalities don't join we won't have as much fun either.

So to conclude, no these aren't the optimal settings but maybe it will give newer players more of a chance and those who have less time to play a world the opportunity to come back and join. For those who say they won't play, you should even join start up and see how you like it. It may not be as bad as you think.

What settings would have suited me more? Take a look at 61/65

Last edited:

DeletedUser100466

Fake limit in horrible and everything else is bearable.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser117741

all good other than the fake limits & attack gaps.. :icon_rolleyes: