Discussion: Start of World 85

DeletedUser

Accept it guys, the TW that we used to play is gone. There just isn't enough players playing this game anymore for them to make a reasonable profit out of non-p2w worlds. Just look at how empty w85 is on its first day, and this is supposed to be the final world where many veterans play for nostalgia. We simply are a dying breed. Gone are the days of rival premades with big names and quality PnP on the externals

I think there is a lot to be said for accepting it. It is sad for those of us who have been playing the game for many years to see this change, but if it was not for "P2W" worlds Tribal Wars probably wouldn't have lasted this far, at all.

Tribal Wars is an old browser game in a completely different situation to when it was launched. It's not feasible to stay the same and survive. It is heading in a different direction and has been for quite some time. Many of the older community have also moved on, for many different reasons. We can revel in the nostalgia of good days gone by but many of the players who made Tribal Wars what it was, in the older days, don't even want or have the time to play anymore, even if the game was reverted back to it's original state.

The greatest advice anyone gave for Tribal Wars, in my opinion, was - the greatest skill is adaptability. I find the greatest Tribal Wars players I know, are still the greatest Tribal Wars players whether the world has additional premium features or not, and the noobs we all know and love still can't spend their way to maintain a good rank. Tribal Wars will always be Tribal Wars, it changes - we adapt, some people naturally move on. Some people remain and complain, at least somethings never change. :D That is not to lessen the passion behind those feeling a loss for the non-premium worlds but Non-Premium No Hauls can still run on Classic/HP Rounds - if you have concerns or suggestions about how they might look - go along to the HP forum and make some suggestions for future rounds you would like to see.

Tribal Wars is more than a game for many of us. It has been part of our lives for many years, but it must change to survive and those making those decisions have access to far more reliable information than the random stats and opinions thrown out on the forum. If anything we should be grateful for the changes for enabling us to be part of this community for so long and if we really can't adapt to the changes - then it is time to accept that. That doesn't ever remove anyone from the community, lots of players remain who don't play anymore, but there's really no point, at this time trying to revert the game to what it was years ago, because those days are gone. The opinions of all of the community do matter and that is why we have had non-premium worlds for so long and still continue to do so on classic worlds. However the larger part of our existing community prefer worlds with additional premium features and so their opinion matters too.
This is just my opinion, change is scary but we generally think it will be worse than what it is.

ALessonInPointWhoring

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
then killing opera)

Innogames didn't "kill" Opera. Opera 12 is an ancient browser. You should not be using it any longer. It's filled with security issues, and does not utilize modern standards. Expecting Innogames to not innovate so as to continue being 100% compatible with your antiquated browser is akin to me claiming new games like Fallout 4 are broken because they won't run on my Commodore 64.

DeletedUser118961

I see all of the displeases about the new p2w only worlds, but I understand it. Even if inno didn't do that the game would die eventually. The problem this game has isn't the game or the premium you can buy in it, but the fact the people and especially children are getting lazier and lazier. They don't want to think about long-term politics, diplomatics and tactics which is(was) needed in this game. I'm not from the old school style but I want the non p2w worlds just because I don't have the money to win or the time to play on multiple worlds to get the pp I need to win.

But Innogames isn't the only one that sells content to make your game experience better. COD, Skyrim, Need for speed, ect. all sell DLC's which are basically the same as the premium features here, only packed in a way you don't think to much about it.

I don't want to make an excuse for their excessive premium promotion, but it is just something to stay on the market for a little longer. Although, this will chase away more players in the end.

One last suggestion, try to promote one server that is without additional premium on all the other servers. I'm playing here because the Dutch server has lost a huge amount of it's players long ago for the same reason. If you promote it on all the other servers it will get a huge amount of attention, that I can guarantee you. But I can predict already that Innogames won't do that because that server has a lower profit on the short term than the p2w.
Who knows, maybe the will actually listen to such a suggestion.