Discussion: The Traveling Merchant Event

DeletedUser117362

This event is probably the worst out of all of them in my opinion.

The enemies are way too hard, all rewards except the milestone ones are random and the milestone rewards are OPPRESSIVELY difficult to obtain.

I played as much as I could and I'm a pretty active player, and I still had to give up on the final item.
From the second to last to the last milestone, I probably did hundreds of battles and I just couldn't reach it. I ended up giving up eventually.
For every win you can expect at least 3 losses.
Battles are completely dependent on luck.
If the enemy gets several turns before you do then you're probably gonna lose, if you get several turns before the enemy, you might win. But even then only if the enemy decides to LET you win.
By which I mean, even if all your troops get to act first if the enemy focuses your heavy hitters you're still going to lose.
The enemy can pretty much always one shot your two hardest hitters and when they go down you might as well pack it in.

Really not a fan.

nightblade.greyswandir

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
deliberate overpowered enemy close to the last price is not quite fair game!

I spent more than an hour playing this even from 750km to end, and not ending it... so on this level of my frustration, I can easily quit TW overall. If that is your goal... then you did a fine job!!!!

Seven Devils

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
deliberate overpowered enemy close to the last price is not quite fair game!

I spent more than an hour playing this even from 750km to end, and not ending it... so on this level of my frustration, I can easily quit TW overall. If that is your goal... then you did a fine job!!!!

+1 on that

EmperorFluff

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
I actually feel this event is fun as there is some strategy to this probably one of the best there is:)

the only reason I said this is because I got to the end lol, I've spent hours on this today and I'm just going backward this event gets me so mad every time lol. can this be made a bit easier because the enemies just get to strong and they keep getting stronger while yours stay the same

Last edited:

DeletedUser119790

As much as I would like to come here and say that these people are wrong, I can't. From 650-800km was as egregious as it gets. I started playing around 9:30pm, my time, trying to get the last 150km as the first 650km was a cake walk. Come to find out, I would not complete the event until past 1:10am! That is nearly 5 hours of straight gameplay, far more than I spent combined on the previous 650km, for the last 20% of the event. I understand that there is supposed to be some sense of difficulty, but this was simply wayyy too difficult. And to be honest, I would have stopped the event entirely if it wasn't for the 40% warehouse boost at the end. I dont know how the algorithm works for enemies but there were numerous occasions where 1-2 of my guys would die before I even attacked 2 or more times. In many similar instances the fight became insurmountable and I ended up running away to not waste time. If you could fix the rate at which enemies grow, strength and size, the rewards to be slightly more rewarding from the chests, and/or make our troops slightly stronger/more durable that would benefit this event a lot.