Discussion: Toolbar

DeletedUser656

Dear players,

We are very happy to announce the InnoGames toolbar for Tribal Wars!

Install this free and easy-to-use toolbar to always be informed about what is going on in your game. The toolbar allows you easily check your worlds, see when your storage is full or get notified when you get new messages and attacks.

Currently the toolbar is available for Internet Explorer, Firefox and Safari. Click on the link below to see an example of the toolbar and test it out!

Tribal Wars toolbar

Thanks,
The Tribal Wars Team

DeletedUser

Is there any plans to make this available on Opera browser?

I also think this will be a nice addition.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser656

We're using a toolbar engine developed by a third party company, so unfortunately are bound by what they support. They've said a few times they're looking into supporting Opera, but nothing definite.

DeletedUser

Is this not a breach of rule 7 ? namely the use of browser add-ons ?

DeletedUser656

It doesn't automate any game activities so would be legal under our rules.

Also, it's provided by InnoGames, so our rules don't apply to it anyway :)

DeletedUser

Ok just wanted to check

So browser add-ons which dont automate game actions are ok then ?

DeletedUser

nice toolbar by the way should come in handy if they port it to opera

DeletedUser656

As long as an addon doesn't interface with TW in any way when you're logged in it's nothing to do with us. There's 1000s of Firefox addons, it would be hopeless to try and ban all players from using them :p

DeletedUser

Is this toolbar giving groups to non pa players also or its just my premium account guilty for it ?:)

there is no link to tw forum :)
i lost myself on search engine typing tw forum/tribal wars forum and i wasnt given any link to click it, i might be rong but first impression is negative.
cant see worlds suposed to give a faster login...just the tw versions...not numbers for each version,including net.

DeletedUser656

Is this toolbar giving groups to non pa players also or its just my premium account guilty for it ?:)

there is no link to tw forum :)
i lost myself on search engine typing tw forum/tribal wars forum and i wasnt given any link to click it, i might be rong but first impression is negative.
cant see worlds suposed to give a faster login...just the tw versions...not numbers for each version,including net.

Could you take a screenshot of the worlds thingy, I'm not sure I understand (haven't really used it much).

DeletedUser

Took it down but i havent seen any link to all net worlds to swich faster.
I only moved the mouse over the flags for all tw versions like is seen on tw stats.
Tried clicking the world place but the account is in 1 world so didnt worked to change worlds...
Stable/barack/workshop suposed places to click dont work also.

there is no clear benefit of having the toolbar for me.

DeletedUser

Its pretty good.
unfortunate it doesnt work with opera, since i use that 3/4 of the time.
But i cant get in to install on firefox either, it keeps going to IE.

Also, there seems to be a lag issue.

DeletedUser41666

Updated an incoming attack within a few seconds. (without visiting the tw site)

It did however show me 39 reports. I think it was loading my (NEW) reports, even though they were old, just not opened.

2a62ee9.png

DeletedUser

Updated an incoming attack within a few seconds. (without visiting the tw site)

It did however show me 39 reports. I think it was loading my (NEW) reports, even though they were old, just not opened.

2a62ee9.png

Its the reports i'm refering to.
in W53.
it showed i had 15 reports, yet i didnt.
Yeah, i dont know whats wrong with it.
Its lagging the building time, posts in the tribe forum, and a couple of other things.

Is it just because of FF?

Matt.camb

Interesting development. I'll experiment with it on firefox whilst waiting to see if an Opera version is released.

DeletedUser

Its the reports i'm refering to.
in W53.
it showed i had 15 reports, yet i didnt.
Yeah, i dont know whats wrong with it.
Its lagging the building time, posts in the tribe forum, and a couple of other things.

Did you happen to have unread reports in an archive folder?
I think it showed something like 2200 unread reports for me on w32, because i just push all forwarded reports to an archive folder without opening them.

DeletedUser41666

If you're on the village screen, and get an incoming, or a new report, or even a mail. They don't show until you refresh the page. So as not to kill your (or tw's) internet, I suspect the tool only gets data (refreshes) once every XX seconds. I don't think thats lag, I think that's saving bandwidth.

DeletedUser

If you're on the village screen, and get an incoming, or a new report, or even a mail. They don't show until you refresh the page. So as not to kill your (or tw's) internet, I suspect the tool only gets data (refreshes) once every XX seconds. I don't think thats lag, I think that's saving bandwidth.

Refreshing doesnt help.
To check that it wasnt unread reports, i deleted all reports.
yet it's still telling me i have 15.
its also not updating the tribal forum, its been about 15 minutes now.

DeletedUser

This tool seems great and I do hope they plan adding google chrome and opera as browsers also since Its the 2 im using haha. Although, I opened it with google chrome and, even if I already knew my computer and my google chrome browser was maniac about the french language, The french homepage was displayed. I did played on a few french world and do speak french but after this I was wondering why didn't it open in english for .net servers (tried on explorer and it was in english) and if the french version (or any version) do work on any tribalwars server.