Discussion: Tribal Wars 2 is coming soon!

DeletedUser656

Dear players,

We've got exciting news to share!

Many changes have been made to Tribal Wars over the last 10 years, but at its heart is still the medieval strategy based on the concepts of teamwork and destroying your opponents. That original concept is something we hold dear, but we've noticed that many of the things we've built upon to bring you that experience have begun to show their age. Art, technology and the user interface, to name a few.

We, InnoGames (the company that develops Tribal Wars), have learned many things about making games and about Tribal Wars since it was first released. Technology has been advancing at a rapid pace. We've grown since Tribal Wars' creation by 3 friends, and now have more resources at our disposal.

It's time for the next chapter in the Tribal Wars story. A chapter based on the Tribal Wars concepts of strategy, teamwork and destroying your opponents, but one that has been refined with an updated style, modern technology and the experience of the last 10 years.

We are very pleased to announce: Tribal Wars 2.

logo_TribalWars2.png

Tribal Wars 2 will be a new game based on the Tribal Wars concept. Here's some info on what you can expect:

17 buildings - you'll recognise many, but be prepared to take advantage of the new strategic possibilities of the Hospital, Tavern and Preceptory!
2 additional units that bring new elements to battle
Designed from the start for computer browsers as well as iPhone, iPad and Android devices.

TW_browser_1.jpg

What will this mean for Tribal Wars?
Tribal Wars 2 will not be an update, but instead a distinct and different game. You'll be able to play both Tribal Wars and Tribal Wars 2 at the same time.
New features, improvements and bug fixes for Tribal Wars are planned to proceed as usual - Tribal Wars and Tribal Wars 2 are handled by two separate teams.

When can I play Tribal Wars 2?
The Closed Beta for Tribal Wars 2 will start in the next several months. The latest information will always be available on the Tribal Wars 2 homepage.

How closely will the games be linked? Will they share the same accounts?
Tribal Wars and Tribal Wars 2 will be two separate games. Accounts will not be linked, and you will need to register a new account for Tribal Wars 2 if you want to play it.

Hey I recognise those screenshots. Was that what was teased in the Tribal Wars 10 Years video?
Indeed it was! You can catch a glimpse or two of some Tribal Wars 2 artwork in the background of our anniversary video.

It's called Tribal Wars 2? What about all the different language versions in Tribal Wars, like German (Die Stämme) or French (Guerre Tribale)?
Unlike Tribal Wars, the official name of the game will not be translated for different countries and simply be called "Tribal Wars 2" everywhere.

Pre-register now on the Tribal Wars 2 homepage for a chance to receive a closed beta key and to get more information about the game!

The Tribal Wars Team

DeletedUser95593

A hospital huh? Much like the one I suggested for tribal wars. If there is a unit called cow-ta-pult, I will expect 50% of all profits made.

New game looks good, very age of empires-ish which is great :p

DeletedUser107796

Will the payment system be the same. You know with premium points. One of the best things about tribal wars is it affordability. If you wanted to go cheap all it cost you was 200 premium points a month for basic premium package. That is less than two cups of coffee. There are not very many games on the Internet that affordable.

PetarPavao

Played too much Tribal Wars, this made me log in after like 3 years.. I thought I got rid of this game for good but it seems like it will be haunting me forever. D:

I would love if you guys could let us know about managing positions and applications for those, I would very much prefer to be a part of management than play!

DeletedUser98637

What I don't understand is if it's called tribalwars (difference with a 2 on the end) that the game is the same in build your village, build troops, conquer villages, and the only real difference is the graphics and two new build structures, why create a totally new game? Why not just update the current tribalwars and integrate them ideas into what we currently play?

DeletedUser40113

I have got to say, I am exceptionally intrigued with the new game. I am thoroughly looking forward to it, and have already pre-registered with my original TW name. No-one is taking that one from me :D

What I don't understand is if it's called tribalwars (difference with a 2 on the end) that the game is the same in build your village, build troops, conquer villages, and the only real difference is the graphics and two new build structures, why create a totally new game? Why not just update the current tribalwars and integrate them ideas into what we currently play?

I imagine it has to do with the new game engine. As morthy said, the current one is now years behind due to the rapid rate of technological advance. Though, I am not a techy, so I am shooting in the dark here

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser656

There are many more differences, Tribal Wars 2 will be a very different game just with the same kind of theme. More information will be made available closer to the release date!

PetarPavao

Innogames is too big of a company to not have a good reason for making it a new game. It will obviously be different and it should be better but still retain the same fun aspects of the first one. I hope it will have the early TW feeling, back when there was a million players and everything was very fun!

DeletedUser

Please tell me there will be an international server aswell, like tribalwars.NET is. Servers with a multinational community tend to be so much nicer to play on, in my opinion.

PetarPavao

Please tell me there will be an international server aswell, like tribalwars.NET is. Servers with a multinational community tend to be so much nicer to play on, in my opinion.

I think the en.com server is international. Having different domains is probably very annoying on TW so I assume they will try to keep everything on the same domain now

DeletedUser

Morthy good luck finding a username there. I will use the username from time to time :icon_cool:

DeletedUser

I think the en.com server is international. Having different domains is probably very annoying on TW so I assume they will try to keep everything on the same domain now

There will probably be other versions later, from this part of the announcement (this is an assumption, I have no direct knowledge either way):
It's called Tribal Wars 2? What about all the different language versions in Tribal Wars, like German (Die Stämme) or French (Guerre Tribale)?
Unlike Tribal Wars, the official name of the game will not be translated for different countries and simply be called "Tribal Wars 2" everywhere.

DeletedUser111516

Is this new game going to be totally graphical or will there be an option to switch it to classical view like the original tribalwars?

DeletedUser

How long before we can play the beta? and will we have monthly installments of new information or?

DeletedUser

I like the looks of the screenshot. It clearly has a coherent theme and all buildings seems to fit together nicely. Only complaint is that the leftmost part of the wall and the touching building have a slightly skewed perspective and seem to be leaning towards the bottom-left corner of the screen.

TWleaning.png

... either that or I am just being picky. Probably the latter.

Don't know anything about the game features, so no comment on that for now. :D

PetarPavao

There will probably be other versions later, from this part of the announcement (this is an assumption, I have no direct knowledge either way):

From what I have seen in the dropdown menu on the tw2 homepage, different servers will be located in subdomains with suitable country codes(theres currently 6 of them available) and not each on their own domain like for tw. Looks very tidy and nice both for the players and the people in charge of the domain. :D