Discussion: Tribal Wars 2 is coming soon!

DeletedUser

@DaWolf85

But we don't know how much a trebuchet costs. If the costs are higher as a ram, it shouldn't be that hard as an attacker to build more rams.
But I am curious how this all will work out ^^ Guess the TW2-Developers will be able to make it enough balanced that the attacker nor the defender is totally overpowered.

It's true, but I would have preferred in TW2 to have a bias towards attacking (or at least be balanced evenly) instead of having a defending bias as TW currently does.

Basically, the problems that I see with TW currently are thus:

- Defending bias and slow pace - a good defender can keep attackers at bay almost indefinitely.
- Mass-faking - this is the counter to the above. Swarm someone with so many attacks they not only can't figure out what's real, but can't even tag them all, and they quit.

Mass-faking can make people quit, but it's not very much effort to do. I don't think this should be a legitimate tactic. The problem is, it has to be, because otherwise effectively attacking a good defender gets so difficult as to be almost impossible.

To be able to remove mass-faking from the game, without making attacking nigh impossible, the game has to be more biased towards attacking than TW is right now. And that's why I am concerned about the trebuchets making defending easier.

DeletedUser

And why can't they just create a bigger fake limit? At the moment it is normally always 1%, so shouldn't an increase to 3-4% of the village points fix the problem?

To be honest, I am curious how TW2 will do it. In the video we can see that every attack will be showed on the map.... so what if you send 100 fakes from 1 village? The map would just be a chaos o_O

Last edited by a moderator:

silvereclipes

sounds like the berserker will be what off sets the trebuchet so I think by what I have read on face book will balance out the defense for attacker but what I am told one of those cost to build they are spendy sounds like 5k of ressies of each to build one of those so figure trebuchet will most possible be just as costly for ram defense too.

TW has always been where it slanted towards defense more then attacker since I played I remember the the gripes over that for years so nothing new in that as far as I can tell so far but if it makes defenders ever harder to defeat then god help those who take on master defenders like me an those I have come up against over the years because they will take forever to gain a thing from us.

and if they institute a fake limit that would be good even the 1% limit slowed down the fakes on what players could send at you so that would be good too even if I did hate the limits it still let me send some more attacks at someone that I was attacking to throw them off their game.

DeletedUser

And why can't they just create a bigger fake limit? At the moment it is normally always 1%, so shouldn't an increase to 3-4% of the village points fix the problem?

To be honest, I am curious how TW2 will do it. In the video we can see that every attack will be showed on the map.... so what if you send 100 fakes from 1 village? The map would just be a chaos o_O

I'm assuming they already have a fake limit or some equivalent mechanic to prevent fakes, because otherwise it would be silly to have every attack shown on the map. Also because I honestly don't think they ever intended for mass-faking to be a part of the game - the only reason the fake limit is so rare is because mass-faking balances out good defenders.

DeletedUser113200

Would be cool if it was real time simulation something like Rome total war 2 but browser version.

Metal Duck

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Innogames are taking their sweet time launching this... It better be worth the wait or else :icon_evil:.

DeletedUser

Dude... the release is starting to hang on the vine. We should have beta in hand. Instead, we get a dev team video?

silvereclipes

well till it comes out I am fighting on other worlds to keep my edge is as sharp as a razor.

DeletedUser

I thought I read somewhere that, beside announcing the beta should come out in the beginning of the year, it was also suppose to come out in the first quarter meaning that deadline would be march 31st.

But, who cares about deadline anyway, that game is gonna come out sooner or later and I'll be part of it!

DeletedUser105406

I thought I read somewhere that, beside announcing the beta should come out in the beginning of the year, it was also suppose to come out in the first quarter meaning that deadline would be march 31st.

- The day after being: April Fool :icon_twisted:

DeletedUser

hopefully it wont be a pain in the ass to handle multiple villages

DeletedUser

It's been six months since you announced the closed beta and several months since you announced it would be released. It's all well and good giving us sneak peeks of what you have done, but are we able to get a better idea as to when it will come out? Rather than sometime in the future?

silvereclipes

yeah would love to know that myself, if I can start projects I put on the back burner in hopes of it coming out earlier or can I take a 6 month project an come back when its about to open up finally.

zakipoo

time to liven this up... so beta keys is gonna be handed out when people preregister on the 24th, does that mean those ppl who prereistered on the 24th will get beta key?

what about some people like me who preregistered about 6 months ago? will we still have a chance for one? is it random? how random.

A humble player

Beta keys are given out at random to people who preregister.

The beta keys will be dispersed on the 24th.

DeletedUser

Beta keys are given out at random to people who preregister.

The beta keys will be dispersed on the 24th.

As I understand it, there will also be beta keys posted on several outlets, including the TW2 facebook page and their blog, among others. So if you don't get a key from preregistering (there are 140k+ players preregistered after all), if you're quick to the party you might still be able to get your hands on a key.

DeletedUser

Be glad you're not well known.

Both Nauzhror and ALessonInPointWhoring were already in existence when I attempted to create them a few minutes ago.

Youre not the only one, Nauz. My username, DreamSweeper, has been taken as well within like 5min of pre-registration being opened -.-

Last edited by a moderator: