Discussion: Tribal Wars turns 10 years old!

vegascardnut

The entire point of events is to add something different and bring people out of normal TW activity. To break the monotony, so to speak.

Now, if you don't want to do the events, I totally understand, but complaining about how the events bring you out of your comfort zone is pointless, as that is basically the point of their existence.

Totally realize its supposed to be something different, but the whole point of my rant was that theres a difference between different and absurd...especially when the details are not explained completely.

Once again, I pose the question about bonus vills...does this include ALL bonus vills including player owned vills, or just the "barbarian" ones....and what about attacks sent prior to the 13:00 reset that wasnt announced till 17:00 server...Im still screwed for trying to complete that no bonus quest because theres the 4 hour period between 13:00 and 17:00 there thats not covered because I assumed at the start that the quest was a fail already and continued farming. Am I now being penalized because of your not properly explaining the quest before it was even released?

vegascardnut

For example, I just had an attack land on a bonus vill at 19:21 that took 4 hours and 55 minutes to land, sent at 14:26 (Ram speed, as I was demolishing walls in farmed villages). This was sent about 2 hours BEFORE the "fix" was announced and landed about 2 and a half hours after the "fix" was announced. This was a couple hours after the initial "fail" due to prior farming runs, so I just continued on with normal farming, thinking it would now be impossible to do the quest.

Am I now screwed for this quest because the reset was only rolled back to 13:00?

Theres still that 4 hour grey area where im sure Im not the only one that continued to send attacks on bonus vills that are now just landing.

You have basically made up a quest for people like me that continually farm that was and now is, 100% IMPOSSIBLE to complete.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

For example, I just had an attack land on a bonus vill at 19:21 that took 4 hours and 55 minutes to land, sent at 14:26 (Ram speed, as I was demolishing walls in farmed villages). This was sent about 2 hours BEFORE the "fix" was announced and landed about 2 and a half hours after the "fix" was announced. This was a couple hours after the initial "fail" due to prior farming runs, so I just continued on with normal farming, thinking it would now be impossible to do the quest.

Am I now screwed for this quest because the reset was only rolled back to 13:00?

Theres still that 4 hour grey area where im sure Im not the only one that continued to send attacks on bonus vills that are now just landing.

You have basically made up a quest for people like me that continually farm that was and now is, 100% IMPOSSIBLE to complete.

I have the same problem..

I opened a support ticket when it told me I completed the quest, and I started farming bonus villages again. I got absolutely no response from support, they just kept repeating what I had to do to get the quest, while I repeatedly asked what was going on, why did I finish the quest, why did it get reset.

Then this mail gets sent out, so clearly SOMEBODY knew what had happened and what they were doing, yet all in-game support staff weren't made aware of it?

I just failed this quest because of a massive lack of communication on staffs part? Come on..

DeletedUser

I am sorry but the quest is called "self control" and the quest does say for the duration of the phase. Had players exhibited self control and not attacked bonus villages, then when the changes were made to prevent attacks launched prior to the beginning of the phase from counting against them, they would not have any problem completing the quest as written.

Yes, ALL bonus villages are included, even player owned ones. This does not give players with bonus villages an edge because players will be afraid to attack them, because I have never seen a single player that owned nothing but bonus villages.

The point in some of these quests, such as the self control one, is that bonus villages did not always exist. For that matter, barbarian villages were not always randomly spawned for easy farming. While noone is forced to participate in any portion of the birthday event, for those that do, some of the quests are a look into the past and an opportunity to celebrate the changes the game has gone through in the last 10 years with reminders that it was not always as easy as it is now.

vegascardnut

I am sorry but the quest is called "self control" and the quest does say for the duration of the phase. Had players exhibited self control and not attacked bonus villages, then when the changes were made to prevent attacks launched prior to the beginning of the phase from counting against them, they would not have any problem completing the quest as written.

Yes, ALL bonus villages are included, even player owned ones. This does not give players with bonus villages an edge because players will be afraid to attack them, because I have never seen a single player that owned nothing but bonus villages.

The point in some of these quests, such as the self control one, is that bonus villages did not always exist. For that matter, barbarian villages were not always randomly spawned for easy farming. While noone is forced to participate in any portion of the birthday event, for those that do, some of the quests are a look into the past and an opportunity to celebrate the changes the game has gone through in the last 10 years with reminders that it was not always as easy as it is now.

Again, this is totally absurd. Once the quest failed, why would anyone continue to not farm bonus vills. What was the point. We had no idea what parapaters the "fix" would include, and again...you are penalizing players who take advantage of a service they PAY FOR and those that use Farm Assist. I take my hard earned money to support your game, yet you dont have enough sense to even give us a prior notice of whats coming up. You simply give us a title "Self Control", spring it on us, and expect us to still not farm bonus vills after the quest messed up and failed in the first 5 minuts it was active. Who in their right mind would not continue farming bonus vills after the quest failed?

Again, poor planning on your part, and this "celebration" has turned from something that was fun to try and complete into something I have to fight over to get to be able to even try and compete.

You people take thousands of dollars from people who pay for Premium and Farm Assist, yet these are the ones that are more than likely screwed because of your absurd way you decided to "fix" the problem in the first place. You created a four hour window for players who failed to continue farming bonus vills because they all thought they failed and the quest was over. Once the quest was labeled a fail, why would anyone not farm bonus vills again. We had no idea at the start this was broken and would be fixed, and to say now that we should have known it was broke and not farm bonus vills for the entire period is holding us to an absurd standard that just is not right or fair.

Again, may I suggest a better way to do this is only require something like a 24 hour period of abstanance against bonus vills instead of the entire period. You are already forcing a magnitute of players like me who farm 90 percent of the day to fail....im getting penalized for activity, for paying for premium, and for using FA. 100% Not cool guys.

DeletedUser

Again, this is totally absurd. Once the quest failed, why would anyone continue to not farm bonus vills. What was the point. We had no idea what parapaters the "fix" would include, and again...you are penalizing players who take advantage of a service they PAY FOR and those that use Farm Assist. I take my hard earned money to support your game, yet you dont have enough sense to even give us a prior notice of whats coming up. You simply give us a title "Self Control", spring it on us, and expect us to still not farm bonus vills after the quest messed up and failed in the first 5 minuts it was active. Who in their right mind would not continue farming bonus vills after the quest failed?

Again, poor planning on your part, and this "celebration" has turned from something that was fun to try and complete into something I have to fight over to get to be able to even try and compete.

You people take thousands of dollars from people who pay for Premium and Farm Assist, yet these are the ones that are more than likely screwed because of your absurd way you decided to "fix" the problem in the first place. You created a four hour window for players who failed to continue farming bonus vills because they all thought they failed and the quest was over. Once the quest was labeled a fail, why would anyone not farm bonus vills again. We had no idea at the start this was broken and would be fixed, and to say now that we should have known it was broke and not farm bonus vills for the entire period is holding us to an absurd standard that just is not right or fair.

Again, may I suggest a better way to do this is only require something like a 24 hour period of abstanance against bonus vills instead of the entire period. You are already forcing a magnitute of players like me who farm 90 percent of the day to fail....im getting penalized for activity, for paying for premium, and for using FA. 100% Not cool guys.

I agree, I have no problem not farming bonus villages. I am not right now..and I have no idea whether I have failed the quest or not yet. Even though I have asked support multiple times, they won't give me a straight answer.

I opened up a support ticket at 13:00 asking why I had the quest completed for myself. That's when I farmed 5-6 bonus villages. Support didn't answer me, I got the quest back, and stopped farming bonus villages. So basically I lost out on the quest because of the staffs lack of miscommunication, not myelf not being able to show "self control".

You should make the event last the last 3 days of the event, I bet that would take care of all the people who got confused and accidentally attacked stuff

DeletedUser656

The people who answer support tickets are not the same people responsible for development of the game, pushing out new code to the servers and fixing bugs, so your notion of being ignored by the staff just because something changed on your account without you receiving an answer to your ticket is a little unfair.

From my point of view, if I see that a quest states that I must not attack bonus villages for a 4 day period and the quest is marked is completed after 14 hours, I would know that it is clearly a malfunction and going on to farm bonus villages would probably not be the best idea.

It's a shame that we had to make changes to the quest and reset progress when we did, but unfortunately technical problems do sometimes occur and we can only make the best out of the situation when they do. From our side there was a limited amount of things we could do yesterday afternoon, especially since it was a Friday and deploying updates/changes to the game the day before the weekend is something we try to avoid.

vegascardnut

The people who answer support tickets are not the same people responsible for development of the game, pushing out new code to the servers and fixing bugs, so your notion of being ignored by the staff just because something changed on your account without you receiving an answer to your ticket is a little unfair.

From my point of view, if I see that a quest states that I must not attack bonus villages for a 4 day period and the quest is marked is completed after 14 hours, I would know that it is clearly a malfunction and going on to farm bonus villages would probably not be the best idea.

It's a shame that we had to make changes to the quest and reset progress when we did, but unfortunately technical problems do sometimes occur and we can only make the best out of the situation when they do. From our side there was a limited amount of things we could do yesterday afternoon, especially since it was a Friday and deploying updates/changes to the game the day before the weekend is something we try to avoid.

Im not one of the ones that had the quest "completed". Im one of the ones who was farming 24/7 and once the quest started, immediately assumed the quest failed based on current farming runs that were landing on bonus vills. At that time, I had no idea that the quest was broken and there would be a fix. For me then to stop farming bonus vills after the qiest already failed, would be a huge assumption on my part that I could backtrack my progress at some point.

You are putting all the fault on your players for failing this, when it was the game itself, or your staff or something on your end that caused the problem in the first place. Yet you still seem to want to accept no fault and give us some way where we can have an exact starting point with no attacks landing on bonus vills to complete the quest.

Again, I state, you have already caused thousands of players like me who farm continually to already fail the quest even before it started. Not cool one bit on your part, and even less cool that you are blaming us for doing something in game thats a daily activity.

The prize difference for 140 points and 150 points at the end of this all is HUGE. It makes a difference, and this is something that cant simply be brushed under the rug that you are now trying to do. You guys F'ed up and e are the ones that suffer. Bah to your celebration. Your lack of planning and organization caused a blunder, and your way to fix it is to say "too bad". I seriously doubt many players will complete this, and the ones who do are probably the lame players that never farm in the first place.

Once again, Im being punished for supporting the game by buying FA and using it, and Im being punished for being online 20 hours a day and farming for resources.

Again, NOT COOL GUYS. Almost contemplating quitting over a fuck up like this. I play this for fun, and you have seriously took the fun out of it by creating something that I had zero chance to complete.

DeletedUser656

Im not one of the ones that had the quest "completed". Im one of the ones who was farming 24/7 and once the quest started, immediately assumed the quest failed based on current farming runs that were landing on bonus vills. At that time, I had no idea that the quest was broken and there would be a fix. For me then to stop farming bonus vills after the qiest already failed, would be a huge assumption on my part that I could backtrack my progress at some point.

You are putting all the fault on your players for failing this, when it was the game itself, or your staff or something on your end that caused the problem in the first place. Yet you still seem to want to accept no fault and give us some way where we can have an exact starting point with no attacks landing on bonus vills to complete the quest.

Again, I state, you have already caused thousands of players like me who farm continually to already fail the quest even before it started. Not cool one bit on your part, and even less cool that you are blaming us for doing something in game thats a daily activity.

The prize difference for 140 points and 150 points at the end of this all is HUGE. It makes a difference, and this is something that cant simply be brushed under the rug that you are now trying to do. You guys F'ed up and e are the ones that suffer. Bah to your celebration. Your lack of planning and organization caused a blunder, and your way to fix it is to say "too bad". I seriously doubt many players will complete this, and the ones who do are probably the lame players that never farm in the first place.

Once again, Im being punished for supporting the game by buying FA and using it, and Im being punished for being online 20 hours a day and farming for resources.

Again, NOT COOL GUYS. Almost contemplating quitting over a fuck up like this. I play this for fun, and you have seriously took the fun out of it by creating something that I had zero chance to complete.

I wasn't replying directly to you, otherwise I would have quoted you. Only the last paragraph was relevant to you.

We have already sent a mail to every player explaining what happened and apologizing for the inconvenience caused by our actions. I'm not really sure what else you're looking for here? The entire game event was designed so that some tasks would be easier on newer worlds, some would be easier on older worlds, some easier for active players, some easier for casual players. It is supposed to be extremely difficult if not impossible to complete all of the tasks in the event.

DeletedUser

I'm ticked off because they gave me an answer that was wrong, instead of saying they were unsure of what was going on. This is what mislead me into this. I asked specifically if I could farm or couldn't farm bonus villages now, and they didn't answer that either.

There were MANY malfunctions yesterday. With no response from staff, how was I supposed to know what would be fixed and what wouldn't? I had the points on my account, I didn't know you would go and take them away because of an error on your parts.

If you guys rolled back the time to 13:00 to accommodate all the other misunderstandings.. I think it is only fair for this to be covered as well. Some people should not be penalized while others are..

And if not, I would like a straight flat out answer from someone with authority telling me that I won't be getting the points, so that I can stop ignoring all my bonus villages..

DeletedUser

[h=5]Spread your wings[/h]Attack other villages at least 10 times with Noblemen in your army.

Can you attack your own villages on this?? Since it doesn't say other player's this time.

DeletedUser

That's not what I was asking, I know you can attack barbs. Can you attack your own villages?

DeletedUser

Attacking yourself will not count, however, you can attack the same village multiple times.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I'm ticked off because they gave me an answer that was wrong, instead of saying they were unsure of what was going on. This is what mislead me into this. I asked specifically if I could farm or couldn't farm bonus villages now, and they didn't answer that either.

There were MANY malfunctions yesterday. With no response from staff, how was I supposed to know what would be fixed and what wouldn't? I had the points on my account, I didn't know you would go and take them away because of an error on your parts.

If you guys rolled back the time to 13:00 to accommodate all the other misunderstandings.. I think it is only fair for this to be covered as well. Some people should not be penalized while others are..

And if not, I would like a straight flat out answer from someone with authority telling me that I won't be getting the points, so that I can stop ignoring all my bonus villages..

Ahem.

DeletedUser

7 hours until the final phase. Lets hope good things! :icon_biggrin:

DeletedUser

Why is there such a HUGE gap between 75 points and 150? I mean at this point, if you have missed one quest, and have 75 points, there is no point in doing any of phase 3. Perhaps, one or two more tiers for rewards?

DeletedUser

'Better then the rest'....

Win more than half of the battles you fight during this phase. To count as a battle, both attacker and defender must have at least 20 units in their army. At least 50 battles must be fought.

Will it work to just support a barb with 20 axes and keep hitting it with 20 scouts?