Discussion: Tribal Wars turns 10 years old!

lucky charms

'Better then the rest'....

Win more than half of the battles you fight during this phase. To count as a battle, both attacker and defender must have at least 20 units in their army. At least 50 battles must be fought.

Will it work to just support a barb with 20 axes and keep hitting it with 20 scouts?

I'm not sure about this. If you scout someone and look at the report it generally states that the defender has won. So i dont know if a scout attack will result in a win or a lose.

DeletedUser98637

I'm sorry but some of these quests stink and punish people who play this game. As mentioned before with the bonus villages you are punished if you use farm assistant for farming for you will have to delete all your bonus reports to make sure you don't farm a bonus village.

Then even after doing that you then cannot carry on playing the game sending out fakes to the enemy as if you do a player you are faking may have taken a bonus village which the game makers say that still classed as a bonus village and therefore you fail. So if you wished to track and mass fake a player you would have to go to the map for every fake attack that you send out to make sure that it wasn't a player owned bonus village. This rule and task sucks and is just an easy cop out to make sure people don't fully complete the task. I am now going to fail the whole tasks all because I attacked a player who had taken a bonus village and will end up 10 points short of getting a clean sweep.

This has totally spoiled this tasks for me now and there is no incentive now for competing the rest of the game as someone pointed out before there is no difference from getting 75 points to 150 points as the award is still the same.

#what a joke.

DeletedUser

i'm sorry but some of these quests stink and punish people who play this game. As mentioned before with the bonus villages you are punished if you use farm assistant for farming for you will have to delete all your bonus reports to make sure you don't farm a bonus village.

Then even after doing that you then cannot carry on playing the game sending out fakes to the enemy as if you do a player you are faking may have taken a bonus village which the game makers say that still classed as a bonus village and therefore you fail. So if you wished to track and mass fake a player you would have to go to the map for every fake attack that you send out to make sure that it wasn't a player owned bonus village. This rule and task sucks and is just an easy cop out to make sure people don't fully complete the task. I am now going to fail the whole tasks all because i attacked a player who had taken a bonus village and will end up 10 points short of getting a clean sweep.

This has totally spoiled this tasks for me now and there is no incentive now for competing the rest of the game as someone pointed out before there is no difference from getting 75 points to 150 points as the award is still the same.

#what a joke.

agree

DeletedUser

#what a joke.

Take another look at the slide bar, Paul you should know better then to listen to what others point out.

Bonus barb Quest was very easy, Its about self control . Inno Rolled back the game so that those who already had farms enrout would not get punished.

I have found all the quests to be enjoyable to complete.

I'm not sure about this. If you scout someone and look at the report it generally states that the defender has won. So i dont know if a scout attack will result in a win or a lose.

Yes I wonder about that. and why after all this time has that not been fixed? I mean if you get a sucsessful scout report, should that not count as a win??

I do not mean to be rude, but everyone complaing, prehaps you should have taken my aproach. Befor the start of every phase, i made sure all my troops were at home befor the start of each phase.

If you took the time to read, and then ask questions if you were unsure, your experiance might have been better,

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser98637

This task was a joke and to ask players to watch what farming they did for 4 days and who they attacked or faked for 4 days incase a player had taken a bonus village and you faked that player was not right. You cannot expect people to manually check even attack for a whole 4 days all for 10 points. This task should had been like several others where you had a 24 hour window of not attacking a bonus village within the 4 days to complete the mission. You say these tasks where a reward for 10 years of tribal wars, well once players are over the 75 points system thy re not going to bother trying to complete the other tasks as it is pointless to waste any more of their time and effort in tying to have some fun while playing as my gameplay changed during these tasks and has been more of a hindrance than an enjoyment of playing this game for 10 years. I've been plying this game now and joined this game on the very first world and you have taken the enjoyment and pleasure of these tasks by having such silly virtually impossible quests to complete for the Active players who play this game.

Maybe I should be one of them players who has no premium no farming assistant only logs in every so often and will more than likely complete the challenges as quite a few tasks have been about not attacking players. I.e don't send fakes don't farm don't send nobles t players trying to take their villages so you don't lose your nobles. Send 10 nobles at barbs instead to complete challenges cause barbs don't have troops and can't fight back. List is endless need I go on?

i did look at the slide bar before making the post about the points that's how I know it's 75 to 150 and there don't seem to be any change. Maybe I may have missed something but ill double check. ;)

DeletedUser

Then don't take part in the quests if you have such a problem with them... plain and simple.

DeletedUser98637

Then don't take part in the quests if you have such a problem with them... plain and simple.

Was going to post something on how petty this kind of reply was inevitable but ain't worth it so yes your right ill go get back to why I play this game and that is to attack and be attacked from the enemy instead of trying to waste time in completing silly tasks and leave you part timers and inexperienced players to win your tasks.
[spoil]Award received: 8x Defender of the day
Sent Jun 25, 2013 00:00:55
8x Defender of the day

You defeated the most units in this world as a defender on on 24.06.2013 (240.117 units)!
[/spoil]

i did check the slider and from 75 onwards there is no change unless you get the full house of 150. ;)

DeletedUser

Ok, your beef is about the Self control quest clearly.

This is how i did it....

For Farming, instead of running strait off the farm manager , I loaded A and B templates and micro farmed off the map being carefull not to click on the shiney bonus villages, something a 9 year old can manage as my next door neighbours plays casual world and got his kid to farm for him while we drank beer .

I am at war in world 66, and as I am Duke my members asked me if i could make a new fake script taking out the players bonus villages.

it took me 20 minutes to edit the script for them.

After that it was just Due care, I made notes in my notebooks in my villages to remind me.

The Quests are not that hard , its like going to war. Stop. Think about it. Create questions about what you want to achieve then answer them.

The Quests are easy and Fun if you take the time to form a good statagie.

Now I will have 72 hours of the bonus instead of 36 because I approached it all with a lvl head, instead of going on a rant tangent about it all.

I do not always Agree with INNO Games about some changes, but this event is a win for the game in my opinion.

i did check the slider and from 75 onwards there is no change unless you get the full house of 150. ;)

75 points is 36 hours bonus , 150 points is 72 hours. Double your points, double the prize. seems fair to me.

DeletedUser

Thats cool man I play the game to have fun :) I have been around since the start of W2 and always kept that attitude sorry to see others haven't. The total amount of points is 135 not 150 and I stand to get the full benefits as long as I pass this last 'Better then the rest' quest, just trying to determine the best way to achieve it. Some of these quests are quite hard on a new world such as W69 lol

hexride

just want to ask about the event "better than the rest"

just want to ask the event developer

1) will scouts attack count as a battle, if counted will we win the battle?
2)if we supported another village (barbs) or another players supported it and i attack the village, will it fill the battle "quota" ?
3) do our troops outside (supporting another village) will fill the battle "quota" and counted as a win or lose?

DeletedUser

Better than the rest quest:

1) Attacking Barbarian villages does not count. (The quest is to show your superiority, beating up a barbarian village is not very superior.)
2) Your support troops in other peoples' villages do not count. (They are fighting the battle, not you).
3) Scout attacks (assuming attacker and defender both have the minimum troop counts at the time of battle) do count. However, I will have a better answer about if a pure scout attack is a win or loss for the attacking player at a later time. The reports do always say "The defender has won" so I would take that into account when planning how to proceed with this phase. I am sorry that I cannot answer that one specifically at this time.
4) Attacking yourself in any manner will not count. (The quest is to show your superiority, you cannot be superior to yourself.)

DeletedUser

Better than the rest quest:

2) Your support troops in other peoples' villages do not count. (They are fighting the battle, not you).

Ok Question on that regard....

Lets say I am the attacker, and I attack another player , and clear him and win.. If none of the troops were theirs , if they were troops from a 3rd party would that still count? as a win to me and a loss to the defending player?

Also I wonder what is to stop a player from clearing a village, once thats done, support the player that you cleared with say 20 spear, and attack your own troops in the cleared village, would this also count to the tally?

DeletedUser

Yes, if the player owned village is supported by other players, it will count as a battle as long as there are at least 20 units in both the attack and the defense, regardless of what player that support belongs to.

Pure scout attacks will not be counted as part of the "Better than the rest" birthday quest.

obese gamer

Quick question, it says:

"Once the third phase has finished you will be able to claim your rewards here."

How long before do we have to activate the rewards, or do some/all rewards activate as soon as the third phase finishes?

DeletedUser656

You have 48 hours during which you can claim the rewards yourself, after which the system activates them automatically.

DeletedUser

Pure scout attacks will not be counted as part of the "Better than the rest" birthday quest.

What does "pure" mean. How about 19 scouts and pala or 19 scouts with spear? who will win/lose those etc.?