Discussion: Update to version 8.20

DeletedUser

Gah, why don't you learn to read? Your contribution here is as snide, tangential, ignorant and pathetic as it is in every thread you've ever tainted.

Yes, Inno/TW don't support or accept responsibility for scripts. That couldn't be clearer.

Why though? That's what is being asked. Updates continue to erode established functions and introduce extra lag and the customers are just supposed to accept that and get used to it. For what? Some hypothetical player base that may or may not come to TW?

Yeah, you wouldn't expect your product warranty to be honoured by another manufacturer, but you wouldn't expect your car to require unspecified and unsupported add-ons once you drive it at more than 40 mph or reach 20k miles either. No, you'd demand of the manufacturer that it integrate those functions for the price that you've paid - not focus on creating a prettier dashboard that periodically breaks all of the solutions that exist to make up for the product's deficiencies.

Agree with you there commie, expect for inflation? lmao... this car is going to be more expensive now!!! >.<

Grammar Commie

...attack-ids are basically a cheat sheet for players. It's like a wallhack for action games, you can see whats coming and where...

Not quite comparable though, since most online action games wouldn't be persistent world, right? Or where they are, you'd have safe zones where PvP isn't possible...

For TW, you'd think it'd just place even more of a premium on being able to be in-game all the time, and benefit heavily co-played/active accounts the most.

DeletedUser

For TW, you'd think it'd just place even more of a premium on being able to be in-game all the time, and benefit heavily co-played/active accounts the most.

Yeah, that'd be my biggest issue with removing the ability to ID-tag. If you can ID-tag, you don't have to be online all the time. If you can't, you do have to have people online most of the time.

But on the other hand, one could argue it's an uneven playing field, for some people to be able to get away with not having a coplayer because of these attack ID scripts. It takes an organized tribe to set up and maintain an attack ID system. Which means not everyone has it. But once you do, you have a very, very powerful tool that allows you to much more easily deal with incoming attacks, and not worry about being online 24/7.

I think, personally, I prefer having ID-tagging. This game is built to reward teamwork, and this is just another reward for good teamwork. Personally, I don't think it should be removed.

DeletedUser105406

I agree with the above view regarding the value of the ID-tagging; I played my current account solo for many months & until the ID-tagger was initiated in-Tribe, hated logging on first thing to new incomings which I had to try to decipher first thing...I know that some players might say I should have had an account sitter during my necessary off-times but that wasn't always possible.

A new world without any scripts combined with an inability to mass-launch would be potentially quite interesting but mid-game, on an established world, to lose the capacity to be able to mass-tag was pretty rubbish at the time, whatever the pros & cons arguments regarding the role of Immo & the Scriptwriters.

DeletedUser

Yeah, that'd be my biggest issue with removing the ability to ID-tag. If you can ID-tag, you don't have to be online all the time. If you can't, you do have to have people online most of the time.

But on the other hand, one could argue it's an uneven playing field, for some people to be able to get away with not having a coplayer because of these attack ID scripts. It takes an organized tribe to set up and maintain an attack ID system. Which means not everyone has it. But once you do, you have a very, very powerful tool that allows you to much more easily deal with incoming attacks, and not worry about being online 24/7.

I think, personally, I prefer having ID-tagging. This game is built to reward teamwork, and this is just another reward for good teamwork. Personally, I don't think it should be removed.

Attack ID benefits those that use it just like the Account Manager benefits those that pay for it. The difference? One is payed for, one is looked for. TW likes payment more than looking. So if Attack IDs are an uneven playing field that TW sees as unfair, Account Manager is a step further, and should be "obfuscated".