Discussion: Update to version 8.26

DeletedUser

contain
kənˈteɪn/
verb
3rd person present: contains

have or hold (someone or something) within.

Obviously not what you're looking for though :icon_razz:

Would be nice to be able to specify which troops are counted.

DeletedUser102425

Contain can be interpreted many different ways.

The point I was trying to make is that an average user would interpret a village with 100 spears, 100 swords, and a full nuke as a mainly offensive village, even if the full nuke was not present in the village at the time. The dynamic groups in the current version would interpret this village as mainly defensive because of the way the data is collected.

I like the idea of dynamic groups, I just believe that some aspects of it should be tweaked.

DeletedUser

Personally, I like having the village disappear from the group when all troops are out - as I use it for a 'full nukes' grouping, which is more useful when I only see the nukes I actually have in my villages.

DeletedUser

Contain can be interpreted many different ways.

The point I was trying to make is that an average user would interpret a village with 100 spears, 100 swords, and a full nuke as a mainly offensive village, even if the full nuke was not present in the village at the time. The dynamic groups in the current version would interpret this village as mainly defensive because of the way the data is collected.

I like the idea of dynamic groups, I just believe that some aspects of it should be tweaked.

I think there should be 2 options tbh.

For example the help popup of army type says "That belong to the village". I would think this means that it takes into account all the units that are binded to that village". I would like this changed to include units outside of the village.

The contains troop option can be used like DaWolf85 wants:

DaWolf85 said:
Personally, I like having the village disappear from the group when all troops are out - as I use it for a 'full nukes' grouping, which is more useful when I only see the nukes I actually have in my villages.

DeletedUser97413

I like the Dynamic Groups.

It would be good if you could use Flags as a criteria in the Dynamic groups, if you are on a world that uses them.

I also agree it would be good if you could have an option for troops that have been recruited but may not be present in the village (as an additional option rather than replacing the way it works at the moment).

Another good one, but maybe too difficult to implement would be X spaces (more then or less than) from a tribe and/or player (you would need to be able to have multiple selections and them OR'ed together). That would allow an automatic group of villages that are "at risk" for stacking.

Also, why can you only use Manual Groups in a Dynamic Group.

So if I create a Dynamic Group, I may want all villages that don't fall into that group to go into another Group (but the options do not allow you to do that). It would be good if you can do NOT in Dynamic Group to achieve this.

DeletedUser97413

Nice to see the Flag feature for Dynamic Groups.

Could we have a No Flag option?

Also, would it be possible to have an OR option for Manual Groups. I have a lot of different troop builds but want an Offensive Group that is where a village is in any one of the Offensive groups, similarly for Defensive Group.

malteseowl

Many thanks to whoever organised the addition of the "small box" that now permits players to "select all" when updating TROOP construction. Much appreciated.