Discussion: Update to version 8.27

DeletedUser656

Update to version 8.27

Dear players,

Update coming up! It will be released on Monday, the 15th of September, between 10:00 and 11:00. As usual, this means that the worlds will be unavailable for a couple minutes.
Please let us know what you think!

Changes to notifications in the menu

We've made a couple of changes to the way notifications are displayed in the menu.
Notably, we'll now display a number next to notifications, indicating the number of new items.

Example:
Old notification for new forum posts

912c03b0368f13a6.png

New notification for new forum posts

cc0fce86ebd4feef.png

Additionally:
- The menu will now indicate a new tribe forum post immediately, instead of on the next page load.
- Added notifications for new friend requests and tribe invitations.
- If there is nothing new, the menu icon will be faded out.

Market

- Changed wording of some menu options in the Market to make it more clear what they're for. The order of menu options has now also been adjusted to place the most useful screens at the top.
- Moved "Village merchant" premium feature into the list of trades. We think this is an improvement over the old location (at the top of the "My offers" and "Other offers" screens) in 3 ways:
  • Takes up less space now
  • It can now show players more relevant resource exchanges based on what they're searching for
  • The old location giving some (mobile) players the impression that they need to spend Premium to use the "My offers" and "Other offers" screens because it was at the top of the page
- Instead of displaying a blank ratio for premium trades, the market will now display how much 1 premium point is worth in resources according to that trade. This is to help you search for better deals, like the ratio display for "resource for resource" trades.
- Some layout improvements to the mobile version of the Market, mainly to make things feel less cluttered and easier to tap on a smartphone.
-We made changes to premium trading, in terms of blocks and display. Premium points given out for free or coming from certain payment methods will now be blocked from use in Premium Trading similarly to how they are blocked for use in the Transfer feature. We will also make sure that the tradable premium points are displayed on the market screen. We feel these changes will guarantee a better use of the option for all players.

Command Sharing

Following a global poll we organized in July about this feature that received positive input, we added the possibility to view the commands of your tribemates on the screen of the village that they are attacking. Note: Premium Account required for viewing. (Builds on an existing Premium Account feature)
Shared commands only show their approximate strength, which is done using the existing command icon system. (Differently coloured axes for different command strengths, and additional icons are added if a Nobleman or Paladin is accompanying it).
- Find "Command Sharing" in your Settings menu and choose which tribemates you want to share your commands with, and who's commands you want to see.
- You'll be able to see your tribemate's commands if they've chosen to let you see them.

commandsharing8.27.PNG

Other

- Added more information about how to earn flags, and what your current progress towards the next flag is.
- Added option to view the status of your Account Manager for a single village from the village overview.
- Added an option for tribe leaders to allow players to join their tribe without an application process. We feel this will help new players join a tribe more easily and allow tribes to integrate new members more efficiently.
- Added a new achievement for having an account for 1 years, 2 years, etc. When earned, this achievement will give out gradually increasing amounts of Premium Points. These Premium Points cannot be transferred or traded.
- Notifications about new mails and achievement progress that pop in from the bottom right will now stay for a longer time to allow them to be more easily read.
- Recruitment: values will no longer start at 0, and it is again possible to use values suggested by your browser based on history.
- Loot Assistant entries will now start off as being sorted by distance by default for new accounts.
- A small "phone icon" will be displayed on mails and forum posts that were sent from a mobile app. The mobile indicator will only be shown in mails with tribe-mates and friends.
- Moved tribe "welcome message" editing to the tribe's "properties" page.
- Made some layout adjustments to the tribe's Noble Planner, and provided tribe leadership with the option to enable or disable the Noble Planner for their tribe.
- If a dynamic group doesn't have any filters defined, no villages will be matched to it.
- If you were looking for more dynamic group improvements - we're in the process of gathering your feedback and looking into the possibilities.
- Minor UI improvements.
- Bug fixes.

One Last Shot...

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Really liking the 'long-term account = free premium' thing; it's a goodincentive to using the same account throughout TW :)

The shared commands is a good addition too :)

DeletedUser

so, there will be a lot more spying now

both sides have to accept the command sharing, its not something I would share with people I do not trust, just don't share the info if you don't want to give it out, I would hope if you are doing an op with somebody its because you work together not against each other :p

DeletedUser94483

Things I like:

Shared commands.
Aging premium benefits(really like that but wondering how it would work I have had some accounts for several years now and is it just an accomplishment pp thing or a consistent pp upgrade?)
The numbers next to the forums is pretty good as leadership I like to know how many posts I have to check before going in...but one problem still lacking is the ability to disable forum sections from giving notifications.
These are all relatively nice and shiny updates been waiting for for awhile just wondering how they get implemented.

Dislike,
Phone icon for mail forums. Not sure if this feature is able to be disabled but I would HATE for people to know when I am on my phone messaging them as a member of leadership I am not always going to be messaging people that have my best interests at heart and with my phones spotty connection could never snipe from my phone. So giving them that information is WAY to much...Not sure why this was implemented and would love to see an option to NOT share this info.

Curious about:

Adding dynamic grouping options(little more resticted) to the stockpile manager.

Overall this looks like a solid update and can not wait to see its implementation.

DeletedUser

This Premium benefits thing. Seems very unfair to me.

I have played for near 5 years, each world under a different name, mainly due to the account name change feature being unavailable before, and i get bored easily. So, i take it i won't be getting any PP ? Even though I'd have spent hundreds of $'s in my time here.

Why should we be confined to the use of 1 account ? There are many reasons as to why someone may want to make a new account, too many to list. It seems that this feature needs to be looked at, there are a lot of players here, who have played for a long time, and may be thinking their time is up soon, telling them they need to play for another 2-3 years in order to gain something other than graphical awards, seems to take the mick just a bit.

Anyway, this is my opinion, but i hope its taken into consideration.

darkx

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Question: I just got 8 different rewards of b tone of service for playing this game for 8 years. Do I get the PP for ALL of those reqards? Or only the most recent? Because I just looked and 7 years of service gets 700 pp and 8 years of service gets 500.. is this a glitch and I should expect more?

DeletedUser

^ This too, found to be buggy. Should also be able to transfer the PP imo. Not much good having 100PP across 3-4 accounts.

Also, where is the command sharing feature ?

DeletedUser656

We're looking into the problem with the achievement.

The command sharing feature will be activated this afternoon.

DeletedUser115958

I just got a question. My current account is 'Whatlez', but have played under 'whatlez'. 'whatlez' started in 2010, but I did not receive any PP cause both are the same name, but can only log into the current account.

pokemonEX.co.UK

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
Subject Received
Achievement received: Years of Service (Gold - Level 6) Sep 15, 11:19
Achievement received: Years of Service (Gold - Level 5) Sep 15, 11:19
Achievement received: Years of Service (Gold - Level 4) Sep 15, 11:19
Achievement received: Years of Service (Silver - Level 3) Sep 15, 11:19
Achievement received: Years of Service (Bronze - Level 2) Sep 15, 11:19
Achievement received: Years of Service (Wood - Level 1) Sep 15, 11:19

and it says i get:

lvl 1 = 100 pp
lvl 2 = 200 pp
lvl 3 = 300 pp
lvl 4 = 400 pp
lvl 5 = 500 pp
lvl 6 = 600 pp

so i should get 2100 pp

i only got 600

also on the Flag award system...

Defeat units
Defeat increasing amounts of units to gain flags.

Next flag: defeat 137.435.056 units
353.425 / 137.435.056

so does that mean i have to Double my OD to gain 1 flag???

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Subject Received
Achievement received: Years of Service (Gold - Level 6) Sep 15, 11:19
Achievement received: Years of Service (Gold - Level 5) Sep 15, 11:19
Achievement received: Years of Service (Gold - Level 4) Sep 15, 11:19
Achievement received: Years of Service (Silver - Level 3) Sep 15, 11:19
Achievement received: Years of Service (Bronze - Level 2) Sep 15, 11:19
Achievement received: Years of Service (Wood - Level 1) Sep 15, 11:19

and it says i get:

lvl 1 = 100 pp
lvl 2 = 200 pp
lvl 3 = 300 pp
lvl 4 = 400 pp
lvl 5 = 500 pp
lvl 6 = 600 pp

so i should get 2100 pp

i only got 600

This was responded to here:

We're looking into the problem with the achievement.

I just got a question. My current account is 'Whatlez', but have played under 'whatlez'. 'whatlez' started in 2010, but I did not receive any PP cause both are the same name, but can only log into the current account.

Sounds like you had an account previously that was deleted due to a long period of inactivity, then you created a new one with the same name. Achievements would only apply to your existing account.

DeletedUser115958

This was responded to here:

Sounds like you had an account previously that was deleted due to a long period of inactivity, then you created a new one with the same name. Achievements would only apply to your existing account.

Oh no, no fair :(

So you're telling me, if I didn't make the new account with a capital, then it would of work of counted? Or nah?

DeletedUser

Oh no, no fair :(

So you're telling me, if I didn't make the new account with a capital, then it would of work of counted? Or nah?

If you made the new one with a capital or not wouldn't have mattered. If the old account still existed you wouldn't have been able to create it either way.

rickyson1

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Subject Received
Achievement received: Years of Service (Gold - Level 7) Sep 15, 12:07
Achievement received: Years of Service (Gold - Level 6) Sep 15, 12:07
Achievement received: Years of Service (Gold - Level 5) Sep 15, 12:07
Achievement received: Years of Service (Gold - Level 4) Sep 15, 12:07
Achievement received: Years of Service (Silver - Level 3) Sep 15, 12:07
Achievement received: Years of Service (Bronze - Level 2) Sep 15, 12:07
Achievement received: Years of Service (Wood - Level 1) Sep 15, 12:07

okay now I feel old

DeletedUser

lvl 1 = 100 pp
lvl 2 = 200 pp
lvl 3 = 300 pp
lvl 4 = 400 pp
lvl 5 = 500 pp
lvl 6 = 600 pp

so i should get 2100 pp

i only got 600
yeah I got this issuetoo

DeletedUser53562

Curious as to the logic behind the phone notification thing. While it's a nice idea in terms of it explains auto-correct typos without you having to, it's the security of the whole thing that makes me nervous. Is it an opt-in feature? I do not like the idea of people knowing I'm on my phone one bit. It's like the next best thing to knowing your opponent is offline. :/

darkx

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
TW staff, wow never really noticed how much you guys had to put up with :D