Discussion: Update to version 8.28

DeletedUser656

Update to version 8.28

Dear players,

Our new update will be released on Tuesday, the 14th of October, between 10:00 and 11:00.
The main changes are: a new system to share your feedback, additions to personal statistics and being able to bind keyboard shortcuts to quickbar links.
As usual, the worlds will be unavailable for a couple minutes during the update.

Changes to Personal Statistics

We added a new statistics category, called "resources spent".
Your personal statistics can now also be viewed when using a mobile device.
As part of these changes, we moved the personal to their own page called "Statistics", which can be found in the Profile menu.

8.28resources.PNG

New Feedback System

We added a new way for your to share your feedback, directly in the game!
A new option is available in the bottom bar, called "Send feedback"

8.28feedback.PNG

Once you click on it, you can directly tell us how you are currently feeling about Tribal Wars!

8.28smileys.PNG

This a system we are trying out, so you can expect changes about it in the future.

Custom Keyboard Shortcuts

Following the feedback we received when we introduced the keyboard shortcuts, we are letting you customize shortcuts, up to 10 items. You'll be able to bind the number keys to quickbar links:

8.28hotkeys.PNG

They will also be displayed in the shortcuts overview:

8.28hotkeysoverview.PNG

Please note that a Premium Account is required to access the quickbar and custom shortcuts.

Other

-The Player Info and Village Info screens have been slightly changed with the additions of icons for the most useful actions, to clarify the general overview.
8.28actions.PNG

- We added icons to the different type of reports, to help differentiating them.
8.28icons.png

- A better sorting system has been implemented for the "Mint gold coins" screen.
- The window after attacking a favorite village will now close automatically.
- Market offers can now be sorted as ascending or descending. You can do it by clicking on the title of the column.
- Rewording and bugfixes.

DeletedUser

Yeah I really like what TW is trying to do with the last few updates, really trying to cut down on the need for scripts and allow most of those script actions to be done with in game functions instead.

DeletedUser105718

This is pretty cool. Now just figure out a way to make sure people don't get thousands of boring fakes daily and the game is actually going to be fun.

DeletedUser94483

Personally think the 10 key binds is a little low but it is DEFINITELY a start in the right direction imo...Not sure about the statistics but hopefully with the quickbar key links they will either increase the size of the quickbar or allow us a HIDDEN quickbar that does not load on the page.

DeletedUser47445

Goodbye opera 12, hellllloooo TW 8.28

But, I love my opera 12. *hugs

But I think the new statistic thing might be useful, at least for start up. But the keybinding idea is something I wished for for quite some time now. Too lazy to do it on my PC :p

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser94483

More button options..personally my noble button is p my market is j my prox is l lol moving to those keys would be terrible so when you guys tinker with this next PLEEEASE.

A humble player

These changes made me open up skype for the first time in months.

Justifi3d

Nice Update - Just messing around with them Quick Bar shortcuts now, I don't think we need the message saying which Link we have pressed..