Discussion: Update to version 8.33

DeletedUser656

Update to version 8.33

Dear players,

Our new update will be released on Monday, the 2nd of March, between 10:00 and 11:00.

The main change with this update will be the integration of the mentoring system. Please note that the mentoring system will not be available for all players from the start, you will find more information in the dedicated section.

As usual, the worlds will be unavailable for a couple minutes during the update.

Mentoring System

A new feature will be available in the game for both experienced and new players: Mentoring!

The system will pair new players needing guidance with more experienced ones, so that they can learn a bit more about the game and receive helpful advise.

The mentors and apprentices will receive small rewards from it, and we hope that this will help new players joining our game, as it can be quite complex for them.

The system is introduced by a quest, leading you to the Mentoring screen, situated in the "Profile" section.

If you are identified as a mentor, you will have to sign up and see your suggested apprentices.

If you are identified as a potential apprentice, you will see a list of suggested mentors.

Once a match is found, the mentoring screen will look the following for the apprentice:

8.33apprentice.PNG

and the following for a mentor

8.33mentor.PNG

Different options are available on both sides. It is important to note that the mentor can see his apprentice's village, in order to estimate his development and help him accordingly.

The mentor can then create quests for his apprentice, to help him get a good start in the game or learn some new tricks.

8.33quest.PNG

Different quests are available and should cover most of the needs of a starting player.

An apprentice will have the possibility to rate his mentor, and also to dismiss him if he feels the relation is not successful. Please remember to always stay courteous in the mentor/apprentice relationship!

The mentor will have the option to dismiss his apprentice if he has gone inactive.

Once the apprentice conquers his second village, he will graduate and part with his mentor. With time, he might become a mentor himself! The mentor can then move on and train other apprentices (a mentor can have 3 apprentices at the same time)

Please note that due to the complexity of the new feature and necessary observations from our side, not all players will be recognized as apprentice or mentor from the start. It will take some time before all players are considered.

It will also not be possible to request a specific mentor for now, but this is an option we might implement in the future.

We hope you will enjoy this new feature and don't hesitate to share your feedback about improvements/suggestions you might have. You can also have a look at the Mentoring System in our InnoGames TV episode of March (in English).

Other
  • The stockpile manager now possess priority groups. It is possible to give a higher priority to a group of villages to receive resources before the others.
  • New filters have been added to the dynamic groups, concerning points and population.
  • Bugfixes

pokemonEX.co.UK

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
i see some major problems with this. you can see someone else vill, thus you can make a perfect farm :|

DeletedUser

As well as new accounts seemingly getting additional quests and additional rewards.

pokemonEX.co.UK

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
only a certain few can get it by the sounds of things. so if you know how to play the game it is like an added bonus to those who maybe surrounding you. getting a few extra resources or troops or even flags. it all helps, seems like an unfair advantage for some people. unless everyone on the entire world has the chance to either be a mentor or an apprentice

DeletedUser

what if somebody's friend just so happens to become their mentor? Sounds like free ressy pushing to me.. Good thought / idea, but idk..

twenty-five

Seems like an awful implementation of an idea that is fairly useless to what is a dying game.

DeletedUser

It's still in infancy, hell it's newborn stage. They will have to set up some rules and conditions so that either the mentor or the 'student' isn't able to take advantage of the feature.

DeletedUser94483

interested to see how the mentor system works out.

really been waiting on the priority resource balance..might make the script version 100% obsolete.

DeletedUser99229

Has anyone atchually got the update yet because I havent??

iGhost-

nice,puting fail players to be my mentor,when i am the better one -.-

DeletedUser

Has anyone atchually got the update yet because I havent??

Update to version 8.33

If you are identified as a mentor, you will have to sign up and see your suggested apprentices.

If you are identified as a potential apprentice, you will see a list of suggested mentors.

Please note that due to the complexity of the new feature and necessary observations from our side, not all players will be recognized as apprentice or mentor from the start. It will take some time before all players are considered.

If you mean the mentoring system, not everyone will be identified from the start.
If you are identified - it will appear as described in the first post.

If there are other updates you are referring too, which ones?

mattcurr

watch this Ill fix it in 10 minutes
[8:36:41 AM] Matt!?!: 1 week after a world is started until the end of the world it uses the people with the most troops in the world
[8:36:45 AM] Matt!?!: to teach those with the least
[8:36:53 AM] Matt!?!: oh hot Sasquatch I fixed their stupid
[8:36:56 AM] Matt!?!: -_-

So you dont get things like me with a level 29 farm being "mentored" by guy who has 10,000 hauled over the last week, and is actively playing:icon_idea:

DeletedUser

This is a horrible idea with so many flaws, another new feature that ruins this game

DeletedUser116318

Initial thoughts.

1. Mentors should be able to choose to dismiss mentorees. Out of my first 3, two of them claim to have been playing for quite sometime and just starting on this world or a new account. If this is targeted at true new people, then the mentors should be able to have a say on who they mentor.

2. So far I've had no one in my quadrant. I have 2 in one quadrant and one in another. I do have concerns that you might get multiple mentorees near each other and strange things could happen. Then again, tribe mentoring could become a thing I guess?

3. The quest choices are pretty arbitrary, and from a first look don't give much of a reward. Raiding 3 villages give a total of 18 bonus resources. While you can choose to raid up to 50 villages, even then I can't imagine it giving you that much more. The biggest problem that I have with it is that I can't cancel a quest if I make a wrong selection or change my mind later. Maybe I choose something too hard for them and want to dial down the goal some. Maybe they got wiped out and I want to change the quests to show them how to rebuild. None of that is available from what I can see.

DeletedUser99229

I atchually think that if it's going to help noobs become pro then I am all for it, even if it means quests give res, I'd rather have more active players in the game than none due to too many already great players.

yes it has its disadvantages but has it's advantages as well.

malteseowl

One point that I would like to make is that to have a "trainee" who will not be a part of my tribe, but can see when I am on-line, just seems t shout NO NO NO as far as I am concerned. I do not want to give the opportunity to enemies to see when I am around.

Rank 1 Is Standard

I would like to know what unlocks this mentoring quest, is it random? or do you have to be high up in the rankings?

DeletedUser

I would like to know what unlocks this mentoring quest, is it random? or do you have to be high up in the rankings?

As explained in the initial post. Not everyone will be given the option currently.
If you are given the option it is not determined by your rank.

DeletedUser110019

this is an awesome idea making it easier to help out new players is always good IMO