Discussion: Update to version 8.33

DeletedUser94483

So far testing out the new stockpile balancer features and thoroughly enjoying them...At this rate that might be a good permanent solution to the famed balance script.

oscar.soiza

The day has come!! The one we all dread or love.....

So when's the official name change? From Tribal Wars to Tribal Hugs

How am i suppose to troll now?!

In case your not in the loop IMO, Theres a thing called a basher, were you scout for less educated players and train them up, using them to your advantage in return. Best way to learn, dont need all this whogarg you've rolled out now....

I guess if this does fall on my lap, to mentor, i shall give it a shot, but dam! dont think this will work out as you may have planed! After all this is a game of WAR not HUGS!

Perhaps if you rewarded the mentors and trainees with premium points / subscriptions it could make those involved a bit more enthusiastic.

MR.MR

I think this is a great update... people complain that TW is 'dying' and theres 'no competition' but now that theres an update that offers a formalized way of training the next generation of players its 'a horrible update that is ruining the game'

Does there need to be some good guidelines to it? Yes. You should never be able to request a specific mentor to prevent the 'old pros' from buddying up to further increase startup speed through the implementation of extra quests. I also think the selection of who needs a mentor and who doesn't needs improvement, I have an account that has been rank 1 in all categories at 1000 villages, and has capped 1000s on other worlds that has been designated as an apprentice in need of a mentor... but at its core, anything that can be used to encourage the expansion of the talent pool to be a good thing...

DeletedUser94483

The day has come!! The one we all dread or love.....

So when's the official name change? From Tribal Wars to Tribal Hugs

How am i suppose to troll now?!

In case your not in the loop IMO, Theres a thing called a basher, were you scout for less educated players and train them up, using them to your advantage in return. Best way to learn, dont need all this whogarg you've rolled out now....

I guess if this does fall on my lap, to mentor, i shall give it a shot, but dam! dont think this will work out as you may have planed! After all this is a game of WAR not HUGS!

Perhaps if you rewarded the mentors and trainees with premium points / subscriptions it could make those involved a bit more enthusiastic.

I find this post counterintuitive to anyone who has played this game around newer players at all..At very few times will ANY player worth his salt pick up a 200 point basher on the rim...of the other side of the world...just to teach how to play tribalwars. On the other hand within days that 200 point player who has NEVER played the game before and is still fumbling around with how to start by following the quests is now a target for 100 players in his k who might see him as a potential threat/new farm/rim start location.

I have not experienced the mentoring system yet playing only older worlds...but I feel this is a GREAT help and a GREAT start to making a functional training program for new to the game players.

Personally i feel that there should be an option at start up(once this is further implemented) allowing you to state if you feel you are experienced in this game or not..If I went and started a new account I would not want to be marked as an apprentice and have to deal with that. Also as Asala stated previous worlds marked in the account should be taken into consideration..

phatbasstard

I know it may not have been logistically possible but you should have asked for volunteers to try this out I would have enjoyed trying to help someone out but don't have the quest.

Meanwhile I have spoken to a few who have the quest and want nothing to do with it.

Laurefinwe

It looks like a good idea.

Although I don't know how good can I be 'mentored' by a player who started playing on World 78 when I myself started on World 6 and have been playing a lot of worlds since then. The suggested mentor system kinda sucks atm.

ALessonInPointWhoring

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Thoughts:

People should be able to choose if they wish to be a mentor or an apprentice. This in my eyes is not debateable. I agree with not letting people choose specific mentors or apprentices, but people should definitely be able to choose their role.

I have no interest in being an apprentice, and under no circumstances do I think the game should attempt to make me an apprentice. No hardcoded algorithm will likely ever accurately decide who should be a mentor and who should be an apprentice. Allowing people to choose will almost surely lead to poor players becoming mentors because they think they're better than they actually are, but that would surely result from the game choosing as well.

I think when signing up you should somehow tell the game what your strengths and weaknesses as a player are, ideally it'd try to match mentors whose strengths match with an apprentices chosen weaknesses.

ie. An overall player decides to sign up as an apprentice but selects startup as their weakness. They might be better than many people that signed up as a mentor and would gain nothing from most mentor/apprentice relationships if chosen at random, but could still be helped a great deal by someone who chose startup as their area of expertise.

Also curious if there's currently a way for the mods to give access to the feature to specific people. I'd be very interested in being setup as someone's mentor on W79 and giving feedback on how to better improve the feature after using it more.

Last edited:

DeletedUser111495

So like a tribal Wars version of a dating site:icon_razz:

MR.MR

So i got an apprentice and my apprentice barely speaks english. I have three choices

1. Waste both of our times because he hasnt understood a thing ive tried to say yet
2. Ignore him til he removes me and rates me as a bad mentor
3. Leave the mentor system

There should be a way that as a mentor you can drop an apprentice, as i want to continue to help people but im not going to spend time typing up detailed breakdowns of the math and efficiency behind TW if they dont get what is being explained.

DeletedUser

Thanks for this.. Very helpful /facepalm
[h=3]Suggested mentor[/h]
player_points.png
cornstalk995
Opponents defeated:168 (6.203)
Tribe:Black-backed-jackal
View profile
Write message

DeletedUser

1) Players should be able to choose if they want a mentor.
2) All players who played the game for 2 years (or players who have that award) with 50 villas average (least) should be allowed to mentor.
3) Players, should be allowed to link with their old accounts to add up their experience points, players would still have to log in their old accounts (or email) to confirm, and avoid misuse.
4) Everybody should be offered free pp and not something that can benefit in game, like resources.
5) Mentors should be able to cancel the quest, and their student and vice versa.
6) bananas, make something numerical as an experience point, like ODA or something, it would be easier to select mentor that way.