Discussion: Update to version 8.34.4

DeletedUser656

Dear players,

Our new update will be released on Monday, the 29th of June, between 10:00 and 11:00.

This update is a minor update with only a couple of visible changes. For those wondering about 8.34.2 and 8.34.3 - those versions were for some minor bug fixes and internal changes.

As usual, the worlds will be unavailable for a couple minutes during the update.

Next steps for scripts + switch to https

As announced for version 8.34.1, there are further changes incoming for scripts related to the switch to https.

Three weeks ago, we switched the game to https. For most people this should not affect you in any way and will only help to keep your account more secure. However, if you are using Quick Bar scripts that attempt to connect to a 3rd party external server insecurely (for example, to send the contents of a report for storage) the script may cease to work. This is because browsers automatically block any attempts to load any insecure content when you are viewing a secure website.

As of July 1st, the game will now no longer allow newly added insecure scripts to be run. The game will inform you when you try to run such a script, and tell you what the issue is.

In approximately three weeks, all existing scripts that are not loaded securely will stop working. This change will again be announced.

We strongly encourage script authors to act now (if they have not done so yet) to ensure that all content required by their scripts can be loaded securely.

Other changes

- Loot Assistant: you will now get a command popup window (like on the map) when choosing to send a custom attack, instead of being redirected to the Rally Point.

- Added possibility to recall support troops from a village's information page. Previously this was only available as part of the Premium Account. This was done to help inexperienced players find out how to withdraw their troops from a village.

- Unit recruitment orders that are canceled during Beginner Protection will now refund 100% of the spent resources instead of 90%.

DeletedUser

Dear players,

Our new update will be released on Monday, the 29th of June, between 10:00 and 11:00.

This update is a minor update with only a couple of visible changes. For those wondering about 8.34.2 and 8.34.3 - those versions were for some minor bug fixes and internal changes.

As usual, the worlds will be unavailable for a couple minutes during the update.

Next steps for scripts + switch to https

As announced for version 8.34.1, there are further changes incoming for scripts related to the switch to https.

Three weeks ago, we switched the game to https. For most people this should not affect you in any way and will only help to keep your account more secure. However, if you are using Quick Bar scripts that attempt to connect to a 3rd party external server insecurely (for example, to send the contents of a report for storage) the script may cease to work. This is because browsers automatically block any attempts to load any insecure content when you are viewing a secure website.

As of July 1st, the game will now no longer allow newly added insecure scripts to be run. The game will inform you when you try to run such a script, and tell you what the issue is.

In approximately three weeks, all existing scripts that are not loaded securely will stop working. This change will again be announced.

We strongly encourage script authors to act now (if they have not done so yet) to ensure that all content required by their scripts can be loaded securely.

Other changes

- Loot Assistant: you will now get a command popup window (like on the map) when choosing to send a custom attack, instead of being redirected to the Rally Point.

- Added possibility to recall support troops from a village's information page. Previously this was only available as part of the Premium Account. This was done to help inexperienced players find out how to withdraw their troops from a village.

- Unit recruitment orders that are canceled during Beginner Protection will now refund 100% of the spent resources instead of 90%.

Updates are expected morthy, but how about UPDATING THE forum thread of scripts that will be allowed AT THE SAME TIME THAT YOU KILL THE OTHERS???

DeletedUser

Updates are expected morthy, but how about UPDATING THE forum thread of scripts that will be allowed AT THE SAME TIME THAT YOU KILL THE OTHERS???

If you have written a script please feel free to submit it for approval and, if approved, it will be added to the approved scripts list.
The game isn't intended to rely on scripts, they are third party applications, not relevant for the majority of the player base. It is down to the much appreciated work of our volunteer script authors to update any scripts that cease to function after necessary updates. We have given advanced notice of any potential issues in an attempt to avoid interruptions for those who do use third party scripts.

DeletedUser93681

Perhaps TW should supply us paying customers with scripts. What good is prem without our scripts?

Michael Corleone.

Kind of agree with that Debbie.

I don't know if many script authors are even around anymore or even have the time/energy to edit their scripts for them to work. Some have moved on and won't be around TW anymore.

I do think it would be nice if TW/Inno could help out and fix up the scripts if they want to do these sort of updates.

DeletedUser93681

TW/Inno only find ways to prettify the game and wreck it. They need to stop doing this shit
to the paying customer.

worlds are getting smaller, pretty soon Inno we wont be there

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser113454

TW/Inno only find ways to prettify the game and wreck it. They need to stop doing this shit
to the paying customer.

worlds are getting smaller, pretty soon Inno we wont be there

I couldn't agree more. The last update broke Opera t-trains and made mass faking a lot harder. This is especially important on a mid to late stage world like the one I'm playing ATM. The game has become a grind for me and I can't wait for the world to end. I've been playing off and on since W8 but I can't see me coming back once I've finished the world I'm on

twenty-five

I couldn't agree more. The last update broke Opera t-trains and made mass faking a lot harder. This is especially important on a mid to late stage world like the one I'm playing ATM. The game has become a grind for me and I can't wait for the world to end. I've been playing off and on since W8 but I can't see me coming back once I've finished the world I'm on

No the last update did not do that, the fact the version of opera people use to send trains is incredibly out-dated did that. Not TW's fault you insist on using an out of date browser, nor is it their fault opera chose to remove those features for their later versions.

DeletedUser

Every time there is an update you guys manage to kill good scripts, I have been able to fix a few but some of them simply do not work anymore and need to be completely redo, not to mention that we no longer have auto update maps which I honestly loved and the chances of someone else creating a similar script are very slim. Im not saying that you shouldn't update the game, but at least keep in mind the scripts that will not longer work and help fix it or replace it with an ingame feature. I know the scripts are created by a third party but does not change the fact that they play a huge role in this game.

DeletedUser

They simply don't care, stop posting guys. I have gone though all possible ways and only got an infraction with "I don't care/we don't care" or ignorant responses. When they compare their active users and net profit for first 6 months of 2015 to 2016 in next year, they will realize how they damaged themselves, again ...

DeletedUser113454

No the last update did not do that, the fact the version of opera people use to send trains is incredibly out-dated did that. Not TW's fault you insist on using an out of date browser, nor is it their fault opera chose to remove those features for their later versions.

It makes no difference. Before the update I was able to play and enjoy the game the way I always have. Now, I can't. You can argue til you're blue in the face about who's fault it is but for me, and I'm guessing I'm not alone here, the game experience has deteriorated to such an extent, I doubt I'll ever be back

MR.MR

To those who 'cannot play the game' without mass faking or t-trains, don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out... make some room in the upper social-circle echelons of 'pros' for people who are willing to think outside the box and not be forced to rely on strategies that only really work on newbs. I haven't sent a 't-train' in a couple years, and I have had zero problem capping villages during wars.

Also, Cheesasaurus is 'employed' by Innogames, he is the script coordinator and moderator for tw.co.uk - he has 20-30 of the core scripts that he maintains and INNO HOSTS ON THEIR OWN SECURE SERVERS - While Inno isn't providing you with a script that does one-handed pushups while spinning a hula-hoop on your big toe AND make you a sandwich simultaneously, they are actually ensuring that the basics still work. Combine this with the fake generators that exists (such as the op script in Cheese's list, or Fodox's Fake Generator), and you have pretty much every core script you could need for gameplay. I have very few private scripts on my qbar that I regularly use.

Lastly, the 'driving away all customers' bit - the average TW player is a cell phone gamer who downloads the app, plays casually, never needing a script, never knowing what a script is. Many won't even ever log into the game from a computer. We, the 'pros' of TW that play hardcore for years, are the statistical minority on TW - We are the 1% and the rest of the TW community is the 99%.

twenty-five

It makes no difference. Before the update I was able to play and enjoy the game the way I always have. Now, I can't. You can argue til you're blue in the face about who's fault it is but for me, and I'm guessing I'm not alone here, the game experience has deteriorated to such an extent, I doubt I'll ever be back

I'm not arguing till I'm blue in the face, I mean it's not really an argument. I'm right, and you're just whining... better to spend your time googling a javascript tutorial and learning how to fix them. You learn a useful skill, and solve a problem for yourself. Sure it's not the most straightforward thing, but plenty of the ways in which scripts break can be easily fixed with very limited knowledge. At least in the past, less sure about this update.

Does it suck scripts break? Sure. I've had scripts I wrote (read: investment of my time) break in the past and it's irritating, blaming tw for trying to be a 2015 website and not a 2010 one is not the way forward, though.

As for those suggesting TW implement scripts in the game... err they have done quite a few over the years.

DeletedUser

Once again, T.W. has evaded the question that was put to them in the beginning! The original post by me was ,I guess, too simple for them to answer. TW wants to update, FINE! TW wants to kill the obvious grease-monkey scripts, FINE! BUT IF YOU DO A UPDATE, then at the same time, run a thread right here in TW FORUMS called legal scripts and post what TW will allow and what are ok to use!!!!! Is that too hard to understand or do I get an infraction for asking????

DeletedUser

IF you are now going to refer me to this post (https://forum.tribalwars.co.uk/showthread.php?14100-List-of-Approved-Scripts), Try using some of those scripts now! 75% of them don't WORK!!! then why don't you have a look at what was posted at the bottom......Last edited by cheesasaurus; 10.05.15 at 20:33. Reason: updated quickbar links for new hosting.

Hey Cheesasaurus, Thank you for what all you actually do here! You are appreciated! It's just frustrating when we ask and ask, over and over but never get a outright straight answer!

DeletedUser

Cheesasaurus is 'employed' by Innogames, he is the script coordinator and moderator for tw.co.uk
To clarify - that role is strictly voluntary (I don't get paid to do it).

the fake generators that exists (such as the op script in Cheese's list
If you use that op planner on the UK server, it won't supply you with a fake script - because fake scripts (and anything else that does a good chunk of the attacking for you) are not allowed. The UK team did a survey this year and the majority of players who responded actually prefer it that way.

@sunbugger2002: In the past I did maintain all of the UK scripts. Forgive me for being blunt but I simply have better things to do with my time now than debugging poorly-written hobbyist code. (not knocking anybody; most of my scripts are of similar quality).

75% is a pretty large portion - since you've tested all of them, can you please send me a PM with what works and doesn't, so I can clean up the list? I'm aware that the resource balancer has been broken for quite some time and I don't foresee anybody fixing it... pretty silly to have it up at the top :icon_redface:

By the way, the purpose of the updates is not to 'kill scripts' :lol:

The developers needed to make the switch to https and are actually doing quite a bit of work so that it goes smoothly for script users (for example: they built a system to detect when you try to load a script insecurely and proxy it. This obviously isn't a long-term solution but it sure makes the transition nicer, giving script authors some time to update things so they don't instantly stop working). If InnoGames didn't care, they wouldn't bother with these announcements and step-by-step transitions.

MR.MR

Thats why i used the ' ' around employed, you likely get the same compensation i got for volunteering to moderate here for 5 years, which is not monetary.

.uk removed fake scripts? Thats awesome, wish we could do that hwre

DeletedUser94483

I know the updates are necessary and have no problem with it...awhile ago I used to agree with everyone that they were ruining the game itself and some, updates I do not particularly enjoy but for the most part they do not effect me. once I figured out the real mash up mess up that was happening of putting a new product in an old box I decided to begin learning script work myself along with finding a new browser that would work the same as my current opera. I want a browser that will be secure and run as smoothly and functionally as my current opera does.

So I stopped yelling and griping at morthy and learned how to work the third party functions that have NOTHING to do with them at all on my own. So wait a few months and I will be assisting in the script department updating scripts and releasing toys that I feel late game players would enjoy.

DeletedUser113454

I'm not arguing till I'm blue in the face, I mean it's not really an argument. I'm right, and you're just whining...

You may be right and I may just be whining but my point remains. What used to be an enjoyable game has now become a grind. Couple that with the decline in player numbers and in particular those with the skills to provide a challenge and it's highly unlikely that I'll start another world.

better to spend your time googling a javascript tutorial and learning how to fix them.

I'm not going to spend time learning javascript in my spare time, I'd rather play games, which is why I've played TW for so long. If I'm going to spend time learning anything, it'll be a new game.

Edit: I think I should also add that if I'm whining, it's because I care about the game. I'm not happy to see my gaming experience deteriorate for the sake of 'progress'. This thread is for feedback on the updates so I'm giving my feedback. Maybe it's not constructive to whine but I want the developers to know the effects their updates have had on me. Whether they can, or want, to do anything about it is up to them of course.

Last edited by a moderator: